Starhub Giga

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
APN settings correct?
correct leh. apn name giga and everything blank. just don't know why it doesn't connect to mobile network despite 4g signal (could not activate mobile data network error).

update: i reset it to the default setting and it seems to be ok now. (apn = shinternet)
 

steven168z

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
3,399
Reaction score
171
correct leh. apn name giga and everything blank. just don't know why it doesn't connect to mobile network despite 4g signal (could not activate mobile data network error).

update: i reset it to the default setting and it seems to be ok now. (apn = shinternet)
maybe giga want you to port out
 

falcon_sg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Giga doesn't use VoLTE. So the connection time will take a few seconds.

When someone call Giga user, the process will be like:

Caller connecting to Giga user
Giga user detected
Giga user switches to 3G network
Giga user connected to phone call and rings
Thanks for enlightening the above..No wonder data slows to near unusable whenever I answer a call... Actually it's the same when I was with Starhub postpaid before I port to GIGA ...

Are you aware of other Mvno who uses VoLTE and allows me to pick up a call and continue to use the data ?

Recently , like some other users feedback, the GIGA data slows to near unsable at times though showing a full strength 4G Connection. Wonder if they are doing some hanky panky stuff at the back end , what's the use of having more than 100gb of data (after rollover) when I can't use it..hmmm.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,167
Reaction score
17,438
Thanks for enlightening the above..No wonder data slows to near unusable whenever I answer a call... Actually it's the same when I was with Starhub postpaid before I port to GIGA ...

Are you aware of other Mvno who uses VoLTE and allows me to pick up a call and continue to use the data ?

Recently , like some other users feedback, the GIGA data slows to near unsable at times though showing a full strength 4G Connection. Wonder if they are doing some hanky panky stuff at the back end , what's the use of having more than 100gb of data (after rollover) when I can't use it..hmmm.
MyRepublic and Circles.Life.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
511
Thanks for enlightening the above..No wonder data slows to near unusable whenever I answer a call... Actually it's the same when I was with Starhub postpaid before I port to GIGA ...

Are you aware of other Mvno who uses VoLTE and allows me to pick up a call and continue to use the data ?

Recently , like some other users feedback, the GIGA data slows to near unsable at times though showing a full strength 4G Connection. Wonder if they are doing some hanky panky stuff at the back end , what's the use of having more than 100gb of data (after rollover) when I can't use it..hmmm.

really depends on ur budget, location and usage pattern.

If you die die need to surf at 4G speed and make calls (eg ur line is the only line you have and you need to call and access internet at the same time), you will need ST, SH, M1, TPG, MR or CL.

If I am you, I would just go for SingTel or StarHub, provided you get feedback or try out the MVNO first to see the network is good for you or not.

for ST, go for Gomo, or CMLink coz I believe no delivery fee during promo.

for SH, just look for SH without contract.
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
Thanks for enlightening the above..No wonder data slows to near unusable whenever I answer a call... Actually it's the same when I was with Starhub postpaid before I port to GIGA ...

Are you aware of other Mvno who uses VoLTE and allows me to pick up a call and continue to use the data ?

Recently , like some other users feedback, the GIGA data slows to near unsable at times though showing a full strength 4G Connection. Wonder if they are doing some hanky panky stuff at the back end , what's the use of having more than 100gb of data (after rollover) when I can't use it..hmmm.
Operators that have VoLTE:
- SingTel: SingTel Postpaid
- M1: M1 and all MVNOs under M1.
- StarHub: StarHub
- TPG: TPG

All SingTel and StarHub MVNOs do not support VoLTE. SingTel Prepaid do not have VoLTE as well.
 

Roflcopterr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
17,828
Reaction score
4,795
Wah piang eh I just did my giga! SIM card activation

I press “activate” on the app le, did all the apn settings but now I am unable to receive calls with the number I ported in to giga

e.g when a family member calls the number I ported in to giga, the voice message says “this M1 number is currently not in use”

But I can make outgoing calls with my original number on giga

Any idea how to fix this?
 

Nani ??

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Wah piang eh I just did my giga! SIM card activation

I press “activate” on the app le, did all the apn settings but now I am unable to receive calls with the number I ported in to giga

e.g when a family member calls the number I ported in to giga, the voice message says “this M1 number is currently not in use”

But I can make outgoing calls with my original number on giga

Any idea how to fix this?


I just ported in my number and I am facing the same issues as well.

However, instead of having "this number is not in use" when a family member calls my original number, it just displays 'call failed' on the screen with beeping sounds.

I can make outgoing calls and send outgoing text messages tho. But they are unable to call me and I am unable to receive their text messages.

Data usage seems fine, did all APN settings as well. It's just unable to receive incoming calls and incoming texts D:

I restarted and reinserted my giga SIM card multiple times and the issue still persist.

Someone please help us... :cry:
 

Roflcopterr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
17,828
Reaction score
4,795
I just ported in my number and I am facing the same issues as well.

However, instead of having "this number is not in use" when a family member calls my original number, it just displays 'call failed' on the screen with beeping sounds.

I can make outgoing calls and send outgoing text messages tho. But they are unable to call me and I am unable to receive their text messages.

Data usage seems fine, did all APN settings as well. It's just unable to receive incoming calls and incoming texts D:

I restarted and reinserted my giga SIM card multiple times and the issue still persist.

Someone please help us... :cry:
I think must be something wrong on their backend

I intend to contact their customer service agents via live chat later today but it’s public holiday today lol…not even sure if their agents are working
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
Wah piang eh I just did my giga! SIM card activation

I press “activate” on the app le, did all the apn settings but now I am unable to receive calls with the number I ported in to giga

e.g when a family member calls the number I ported in to giga, the voice message says “this M1 number is currently not in use”

But I can make outgoing calls with my original number on giga

Any idea how to fix this?
If it is porting in last night (starts at ~11pm on 19th), it should be up and running by 2am on 20th.
However, based on my experience with StarHub (not MVNO/Giga), there was once that the number is not up till around 9-10am. Port in from SingTel. Even had to call StarHub to check what's going on.
 

falcon_sg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Operators that have VoLTE:
- SingTel: SingTel Postpaid
- M1: M1 and all MVNOs under M1.
- StarHub: StarHub
- TPG: TPG

All SingTel and StarHub MVNOs do not support VoLTE. SingTel Prepaid do not have VoLTE as well.

thanks.. tbh, i was with starhub postpaid and it doesn't work properly for simultaneous usage of voice call + data.... on 2 phones, Samsung S9+ and Samsung A52 5G... wonder if it's samsung! hahah.... no worries thanks for all the kind advise of the folks here, i will borrow a circles sim fr my pal to try it out and let u guys know.
 

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
Operators that have VoLTE:
- SingTel: SingTel Postpaid
- M1: M1 and all MVNOs under M1.
- StarHub: StarHub
- TPG: TPG

All SingTel and StarHub MVNOs do not support VoLTE. SingTel Prepaid do not have VoLTE as well.
Does starhub prepaid support VoLTE and voWifi?
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
thanks.. tbh, i was with starhub postpaid and it doesn't work properly for simultaneous usage of voice call + data.... on 2 phones, Samsung S9+ and Samsung A52 5G... wonder if it's samsung! hahah.... no worries thanks for all the kind advise of the folks here, i will borrow a circles sim fr my pal to try it out and let u guys know.
Might be carrier variants of the phone. Did u get the Generic Singapore (XSP) or StarHub set? If not, you get why VoLTE doesn't work.

Does starhub prepaid support VoLTE and voWifi?
I think StarHub VoLTE yes, VoWiFi no.
 

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
44,241
Reaction score
2,029
Anyone one. Faster grab b4 it’s gone!


cazo3X5.png
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top