Starhub Giga

ahboon83

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
449
Reaction score
75
Suddenly the issue resolved on its own and received all the backlog SMSes over the past week. Think its some connectivity issue.

I kenna this twice already, each time last for 1 to 2 days

First time I was not urgent so let it resolve by itself

Second time I tried a lot of reboot and ask people to send me SMS but did not work
Swap sim card to another phone then issue suddenly resolved

Listing down here to share experience


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 

radon

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
998
Reaction score
89
I kenna this twice already, each time last for 1 to 2 days

First time I was not urgent so let it resolve by itself

Second time I tried a lot of reboot and ask people to send me SMS but did not work
Swap sim card to another phone then issue suddenly resolved

Listing down here to share experience


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Touch wood, next time if u kena.
Try to reinsert the sim card, it work for me.
 

Zazazas

Junior Member
Joined
May 22, 2020
Messages
84
Reaction score
11
I must say giga used to be good. But it seems like there are more dead spots or network throttling happening. I can have full cellular connection but nothing loads. It's been like this for a few months and no improvement. Have since ported to gomo and only 1 day I can feel the difference. Pages load faster and no dead spots so far.

Use to go giga due to gomo no volte. But that's not an issue now. Give so much free data but if the base user experience is so bad no point staying.
Yeah, used to never have speed or coverage issues, but recently when mrt is crowded my speeds fall below 1mbps. But gomo value doesn't seem that good either. Thinking of going to orange to test out their reception until the free caller id run out
 

Shadowz1984

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
4,652
Reaction score
1,142
Is the $10 for 40gb only applicable to certain shops? I still see the shop near my shop is having $10 for 36gb.
 

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,415
Reaction score
6,006
Is the $10 for 40gb only applicable to certain shops? I still see the shop near my shop is having $10 for 36gb.
Maybe they never update the poster / sign, can try directly ask them. If not, then it’s only selected shops that update the pricing.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
2,327
Anyone knows if the gigaBuddy is the cheapest place to hold phone numbers? Also... data-only plans can be converted to a plan with caller ID regardless of telco right?
Probably only Giga can answer you on the second question. By right can, by left they can decide to block it since it’s meant to be an accompanying line to the main line.
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
Hi, I just ported to Giga this morning and under iMessage it keeps showing my temp number instead of my main line.

Whenever I try to click on the temp number, it prompts me to 'remove it and nothing happens' after, so I am stuck with using emails for iMessage...

This did not happen to me last time though... :s11:

Anyone having the same issue now? :)

Or does it take awhile for the SIM card to recognise my porting over?
 

Arandalo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4,101
Reaction score
1,249
Hi, I just ported to Giga this morning and under iMessage it keeps showing my temp number instead of my main line.

Whenever I try to click on the temp number, it prompts me to 'remove it and nothing happens' after, so I am stuck with using emails for iMessage...

This did not happen to me last time though... :s11:

Anyone having the same issue now? :)

Or does it take awhile for the SIM card to recognise my porting over?

Might want to refer to this post (and the one below it)
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-sim-only-plans-part-2.6179673/post-142983628
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
Sigh really jialat this time, can't even receive my Apple two-factor auth code and Apple SMS... :(

FaceTime also keep reading 'temp number'... Anyone knows what I should do?
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
2,327
Sigh really jialat this time, can't even receive my Apple two-factor auth code and Apple SMS... :(

FaceTime also keep reading 'temp number'... Anyone knows what I should do?
Apple SMS? You mean iMessage. :LOL:

Take out SIM card, Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before, reboot phone, insert SIM card again and cross your fingers.
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
Apple SMS? You mean iMessage. :LOL:

Take out SIM card, Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before, reboot phone, insert SIM card again and cross your fingers.
Tried 4-5 times already, not just iMessage, iMessage keeps detecting the temp number, now cant even receive Singpass, Apple 2FA OTP :(

I'm porting out but MR needs OTP, also cannot receive... DANG just when i thought SIMBA was bad, this is worse...
 

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,415
Reaction score
6,006
Tried 4-5 times already, not just iMessage, iMessage keeps detecting the temp number, now cant even receive Singpass, Apple 2FA OTP :(

I'm porting out but MR needs OTP, also cannot receive... DANG just when i thought SIMBA was bad, this is worse...
Imo this is not telco issue but Apple. You go other telco and activate too early will get same issue.

I resolved mine by deleting the temp number from setting / my number and saving it as blank, than type in the actual number and save. Then next day restart and verify if number is still correct then activate iMessage/ facetime.

also, remember to deactivate iMessage and facetime as they’re connected to my number
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
Imo this is not telco issue but Apple. You go other telco and activate too early will get same issue.

I resolved mine by deleting the temp number from setting / my number and saving it as blank, than type in the actual number and save. Then next day restart and verify if number is still correct then activate iMessage/ facetime.

also, remember to deactivate iMessage and facetime as they’re connected to my number
It’s hard not think that it’s not the telco’s fault when I can’t receive Singpass and Apple verification OTP but I’m able to on my SingTel and Circles SIM lol and earlier, it really did keep showing the temp number…:s11:

I’ve called Apple and also previously wasn’t able to change to my numbers under Settings - Phone - My Number, now able to…

Ive deactivated both and will see how it goes tomorrow…
 

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,415
Reaction score
6,006
It’s hard not think that it’s not the telco’s fault when I can’t receive Singpass and Apple verification OTP but I’m able to on my SingTel and Circles SIM lol and earlier, it really did keep showing the temp number…:s11:

I’ve called Apple and also previously wasn’t able to change to my numbers under Settings - Phone - My Number, now able to…

Ive deactivated both and will see how it goes tomorrow…
This is backend issue, don’t think regular CS from apple or telco can do anything about it.

I think the process work like this. When you insert new sim, iPhone would detect the sim and send global sms to apple to record your sim and tie the number to your apple account. So when you insert that sim, even if the number change due to porting, Apple would still see it as the previous number. Hence, it’s apple problem as they register it automatically and no way to edit it. It’s not telco issue as the porting is successful and can be used on android phones, it’s just apple that has this issue.


Iirc someone suggested to use android temporary while changing number and verify the sim porting is successful
 
Last edited:

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
This is backend issue, don’t think regular CS from apple or telco can do anything about it.

I think the process work like this. When you insert new sim, iPhone would detect the sim and send global sms to apple to record your sim and tie the number to your apple account. So when you insert that sim, even if the number change due to porting, Apple would still see it as the previous number. Hence, it’s apple problem as they register it automatically and no way to edit it. It’s not telco issue as the porting is successful and can be used on android phones, it’s just apple that has this issue.


Iirc someone suggested to use android temporary while changing number and verify the sim porting is successful
Sigh I’ll try again tomorrow :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top