Starhub Giga

radon

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
998
Reaction score
89
Yes, that's what I have thought.
But quite "leh chey" to perform porting in and out.
True, for me last time I was on M1 for 3+ years.
The signal @ home bad, sms delayed, voice call not clear/get dropped so I avoid M1 network.
Some ppl has this issue with starhub & singtel at the area they need good signal.
So no choice to try it out then you know which one suit you the best in term of $ & usability.
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
2,202
True, for me last time I was on M1 for 3+ years.
The signal @ home bad, sms delayed, voice call not clear/get dropped so I avoid M1 network.
Some ppl has this issue with starhub & singtel at the area they need good signal.
So no choice to try it out then you know which one suit you the best in term of $ & usability.
Noted with thanks. 🙏
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
2,202
Another Giga Surprise event.................

z3LwmpV.jpg
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
My 2 lines cancelled by Gomo but not ported over by Giga. Now cannot receive phone calls or SMS OTP as temp numbers are used.

Giga live chat cmi. Was 2nd in Q at 905. Now am 3rd in Q as I requested again after no live agent responded.

No wonder people say they’re service cmi. Customer service like non existent
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
My 2 lines cancelled by Gomo but not ported over by Giga. Now cannot receive phone calls or SMS OTP as temp numbers are used.

Giga live chat cmi. Was 2nd in Q at 905. Now am 3rd in Q as I requested again after no live agent responded.

No wonder people say they’re service cmi. Customer service like non existent
Under what conditions GOMO cancel your line? Subscription due or any other reason?
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Under what conditions GOMO cancel your line? Subscription due or any other reason?
Cancelled as part of the porting over process.

Someone giga! activated the line without transferring the number. I was left without my existing number for close to 12 hours.

And I waited for 3 hours and couldn’t get anyone to attend to me. Just keep telling me I am number 1 in the Q, but never got to me. Terrible service
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
2,202
For me roaming in Malaysia and Thailand with gigaRroam APAC, I did not encounter any problems.
If Giga have the 1GB+1GB sale, I will definitely buy and store for my next trip.
Currently I have already stored 4GB preparing for my coming trip on 19 Feb to Penang.
 

Beepbeep8

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2021
Messages
220
Reaction score
85
Roaming in Malaysia with Giga and couldn't even get it to connect to any network.
Anyone had a better luck than me?
I moved out of Giga bcos of this. Currently on Zero1 and MyRepublic. Able to receive call and sms without subscribe the roaming service.
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
2,202
I agree that Giga's CS seems to be not in existence at all.
No one at Giga bothers to reply our messages even though they mentioned to respond within 72 hours.
This is the main concern that I am planning to port over to some other telco probably after my trip.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,585
Reaction score
4,188
I agree that Giga's CS seems to be not in existence at all.
No one at Giga bothers to reply our messages even though they mentioned to respond within 72 hours.
This is the main concern that I am planning to port over to some other telco probably after my trip.
They do reply but the attitude was bo chup.
When seek help for my roaming issue, they just tell me try manual connect.
If cannot just refund. lol
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
2,202
They do reply but the attitude was bo chup.
When seek help for my roaming issue, they just tell me try manual connect.
If cannot just refund. lol
At least you managed to receive their reply.
For me, no reply for more than a week, hence I waited for another week, unfortunately still no reply.
So, I followed up again with some harsh words, guess you know the outcome, totally no reply at all.
Eventually I gave up and start to ponder as to which telco I should port over.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,585
Reaction score
4,188
At least you managed to receive their reply.
For me, no reply for more than a week, hence I waited for another week, unfortunately still no reply.
So, I followed up again with some harsh words, guess you know the outcome, totally no reply at all.
Eventually I gave up and start to ponder as to which telco I should port over.
Self pawned for Giga..
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
2,202
Self pawned for Giga..
Not exactly being used by Giga lah!.
Tbh, I was enticed to their offering of multiple freebies now and then. :ROFLMAO:
Furthermore, I do not encounter any issues with their network signals whether local or overseas.
The only frustration is their attitude in responding and for my case, do not bother to respond at all. :mad:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top