Starhub Giga

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,618
Reaction score
4,207
Not exactly being used by Giga lah!.
Tbh, I was enticed to their offering of multiple freebies now and then. :ROFLMAO:
Furthermore, I do not encounter any issues with their network signals whether local or overseas.
The only frustration is their attitude in responding and for my case, do not bother to respond at all. :mad:
Yeah, I actually meant that Giga pawned themselves due to the fact of sub-par customer service.
Though, I agree that their offering and freebies are enticing and rewarding.

Any telco in mind to port over?
Depends on your requiremenets like e-sim/budget/usage area's network coverage suitability for the respective telcos (i.e ST/SH/M1). Hard to recommend without such context.
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,042
Reaction score
2,206
Yeah, I actually meant that Giga pawned themselves due to the fact of sub-par customer service.
Though, I agree that their offering and freebies are enticing and rewarding.


Depends on your requiremenets like e-sim/budget/usage area's network coverage suitability for the respective telcos (i.e ST/SH/M1). Hard to recommend without such context.
True enough, likely everyone loves freebies.

Although I heard a lot of negative feedback on Simba's local network, but understand they have improved their network coverage substantially, hence would like to give it a try.
Anyway, their plans are non-contractual, so can port out anytime if not in favour.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
True enough, likely everyone loves freebies.

Although I heard a lot of negative feedback on Simba's local network, but understand they have improved their network coverage substantially, hence would like to give it a try.
Anyway, their plans are non-contractual, so can port out anytime if not in favour.
Not exactly anytime, you have to pay a minimum of 2 mths worth otherwise they charge you a $30 activation fee.
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,042
Reaction score
2,206
Not exactly anytime, you have to pay a minimum of 2 mths worth otherwise they charge you a $30 activation fee.
Oh! you are referring to the 90 days recurring payment plan or did I understand you correctly.
 

asdyui31

Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2013
Messages
261
Reaction score
7
Hi all, i understand that giga roaming for Malaysia only have 1gb for 5 days plan, is there anyway to make it last longer? can i extend the the duration somehow?
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
Hi all, i understand that giga roaming for Malaysia only have 1gb for 5 days plan, is there anyway to make it last longer? can i extend the the duration somehow?
Buy again on the last day to extend 5 days. Don’t buy early cause duration does not stack, only data does.
 

immortal86

Master Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
4,514
Reaction score
303
how is giga network recently? read some reviews and people said getting lousier, looking telco to port in
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
how is giga network recently? read some reviews and people said getting lousier, looking telco to port in

Did not notice any improve or change in their network since 4G network investment stopped.

Anyway any telco sure have blind spot location. I have location where my Giga download faster then friend who are on Singtel.
 

radon

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
998
Reaction score
89
how is giga network recently? read some reviews and people said getting lousier, looking telco to port in
Nv notice significant changes during my daily train route (NSL) above ground.
Once a while need to switch airplane mode, same as last year.
 

yuemin

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
6
Hows the network service for Giga in east side? Bedok / tampines area
no issues for eastie here. gomo had issues at our house. but outside house no issue. gomo couldn't send someone anyone come check anything despite routing case to singtel. last time i called starhub they probably sent people to go check (many years ago) for those suddenly dead areas (including ion deeeeep down).

swap to gomo cos game had issues on data/wifi
but swapped back to giga cos gomo kept having issues at home.

wifi is sh. but i thnk house area sh is fine becos the sh building is at end of the road

--- so yes it somehow depends / can just standby this that idea then swap accordingly
 

Beepbeep8

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2021
Messages
220
Reaction score
85
I'm on Giga for years until today when my friend called me and missed the call, the auto repky was "The M1 number you have dialed is currently unavailable". How come M1?
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,042
Reaction score
2,206
I just returned home after travelling for 8 days overseas.
Before departing I managed to purchased 1+1 GB roaming data on 2 separate occasions.
Hence, I have a total of 4GB roaming data.
However, once it was activated, the limitation for usage is 5 days.
So, after 5 days of usage, I still have a balance of 1.9GB but unable to continue for usage.
I have to purchase another 1 GB at $5 to revive my balance roaming data plus the new purchase 1 GB for another 5 days.
In my opinion I find that 5 days is considered too short, because when I returned to SG, I still have a balance of 1.3GB, which means the additional purchase of 1 GB is redundant.
To me, it is like spending the $5 only for re-activation the roaming.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
I just returned home after travelling for 8 days overseas.
Before departing I managed to purchased 1+1 GB roaming data on 2 separate occasions.
Hence, I have a total of 4GB roaming data.
However, once it was activated, the limitation for usage is 5 days.
So, after 5 days of usage, I still have a balance of 1.9GB but unable to continue for usage.
I have to purchase another 1 GB at $5 to revive my balance roaming data plus the new purchase 1 GB for another 5 days.
In my opinion I find that 5 days is considered too short, because when I returned to SG, I still have a balance of 1.3GB, which means the additional purchase of 1 GB is redundant.
To me, it is like spending the $5 only for re-activation the roaming.
Think of it as only data can stack, expiry cannot stack. Alternatively you should have asked here first. ;)
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,042
Reaction score
2,206
Think of it as only data can stack, expiry cannot stack. Alternatively you should have asked here first. ;)
Ya lor! expiry period given is too short.
I thought by the fifth day my roaming data may left with less than 1GB, but was not the case that's why I wanted to lament on it. :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top