Starhub Giga

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,021
Reaction score
1,633

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,177
I have been using samsung note 9 enable VOLTE and all was good. But yesterday i went to do software update, the update is dated July 2022, but i didn't do it until now.

After update, I can't use volte anymore on my note 9. The option is not there anymore under settings, so I can't make calls now. Can anyone help? I don't know what to do. I remember i did change the apn previously to resolve volte issue.
But now i change to shwap, volte didn't appear
Really appreciate any advice or help. Thank you
Could it be in your Status Bar? Otherwise, check with GIGA.

Since GIGA's list does not include SS Note 9 officially.
Does my device support VoLTE?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,179
Reaction score
17,443
I have been using samsung note 9 enable VOLTE and all was good. But yesterday i went to do software update, the update is dated July 2022, but i didn't do it until now.

After update, I can't use volte anymore on my note 9. The option is not there anymore under settings, so I can't make calls now. Can anyone help? I don't know what to do. I remember i did change the apn previously to resolve volte issue.
But now i change to shwap, volte didn't appear
Really appreciate any advice or help. Thank you
Try the following?
To force enable VoLTE on a Samsung device, you can use the code *#*#4636#*#* in the phone dialer. This will open a testing menu where you can navigate to "Phone Information" and then find the "VoLTE Provisioned Flag" setting to enable it.
 

uncle_josh

Master Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
3,128
Reaction score
772
I have been using samsung note 9 enable VOLTE and all was good. But yesterday i went to do software update, the update is dated July 2022, but i didn't do it until now.

After update, I can't use volte anymore on my note 9. The option is not there anymore under settings, so I can't make calls now. Can anyone help? I don't know what to do. I remember i did change the apn previously to resolve volte issue.
But now i change to shwap, volte didn't appear
Really appreciate any advice or help. Thank you
A trick that helps with making network features appear, such as Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE, is to switch off your phone > Remove your SIM and give it a wipe > Power your phone back on > Unlock the screen and allow to load up > Reinsert your SIM card at this stage > Give it 5 minutes and check the setting again
 

Wingst

Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2018
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
A trick that helps with making network features appear, such as Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE, is to switch off your phone > Remove your SIM and give it a wipe > Power your phone back on > Unlock the screen and allow to load up > Reinsert your SIM card at this stage > Give it 5 minutes and check the setting again
Thanks alot. I have tried but doesn't work for my case.
 

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,349
Reaction score
2,743
I have been using samsung note 9 enable VOLTE and all was good. But yesterday i went to do software update, the update is dated July 2022, but i didn't do it until now.

After update, I can't use volte anymore on my note 9. The option is not there anymore under settings, so I can't make calls now. Can anyone help? I don't know what to do. I remember i did change the apn previously to resolve volte issue.
But now i change to shwap, volte didn't appear
Really appreciate any advice or help. Thank you
Its a sign that Note 9 too old liao, now already S25 series, Fold 7 and Flip 7 with rumors spec leak for S26U. Maybe is time to move on.

Change change change, upgrade upgrade upgrade, BBBMTL if not never help improve Singapore economy by selling money! :LOL:
 

ericcsn

Senior Member
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
1,005
Reaction score
475
I don’t seem able to locate a 4G giga plan. Looks like giga has moved on to fully 5G.
 

TyL3r_DuRd3n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 4, 2000
Messages
21,507
Reaction score
1,230
I don’t seem able to locate a 4G giga plan. Looks like giga has moved on to fully 5G.
muYCECm.jpeg

Scroll all the way down.
 

ericcsn

Senior Member
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
1,005
Reaction score
475
Got la. U juz need to tap on the 4G label. I can c on mo Ile cannot be u cannot c
The 4G label is greyed out on my iPhone. When I tapped on it, the 4G changed colour but nothing happened. And even when I repeatedly tapped on the 4G, their options are not showing up
 

Tedicious

Master Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
4,640
Reaction score
2,176
The 4G label is greyed out on my iPhone. When I tapped on it, the 4G changed colour but nothing happened. And even when I repeatedly tapped on the 4G, their options are not showing up
U need to wait a while. Somehow it lags when U tap on the 4G label
 

Nekorin

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,422
Reaction score
54
Does Giga have pay-as-you-use IDD calls without purchasing a monthly IDD pack? The Gino chatbot says yes but I can't seem to verify it with other AI tools or via the FAQ.

For my use case I only need to call my overseas relative for 2-3 mins per month and they don't know how to use whatsapp/telegram (thus need IDD).
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top