Starhub Giga

Joined
Mar 13, 2020
Messages
365
Reaction score
40
I'm here to complain about Giga's network in Malaysia, especially in Toppen area. Always 4 bars but non-existent connection and speed.

Sadly, bill just renewed so cant port out, have to wait closer to the next bill cycle. Looking at Gomo.
 

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,345
Reaction score
2,738
I'm here to complain about Giga's network in Malaysia, especially in Toppen area. Always 4 bars but non-existent connection and speed.

Sadly, bill just renewed so cant port out, have to wait closer to the next bill cycle. Looking at Gomo.
I think is due to the partner network for giga which are Umobile and Maxis only so not enough bandwidth at the area, base station or coverage issue while Eight add CelecomDigi after too many complaints.
 

McGraw

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2000
Messages
49,856
Reaction score
2,305
Terrible experience
Today supposed to receive simcard
Suddenly I received a message telling me I wasn't present at delivery address?
They never even call me or WhatsApp me just ghosted me after I paid for the sim card delivery fee?!
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
4,159
Terrible experience
Today supposed to receive simcard
Suddenly I received a message telling me I wasn't present at delivery address?
They never even call me or WhatsApp me just ghosted me after I paid for the sim card delivery fee?!
Which provider? Singpost ah? :s22:
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,260
Reaction score
12,277
My colleague has giga S$15.28 plan with free 5G. He likes the roaming bundle.
• 300GB, FREE 5G Speeds forever!
• Free Rollover Data
• 300 SMS, 300 mins
• 8GB Asia Roaming forever

Then I show him Eight 5G plan at S$14.28. He agrees that Eight has much better roaming bundle, even better than giga S$18.33 5G plan.
Just wondering any main benefits of giga versus Eight?

1) Free rollover data? I think this is not that useful now with big data bundle.

2) giga 5G has better priority than Eight 5G?

3) Better support?

4) Any other factors to keep you in giga and not consider Eight?

Take note Eight Telecom is a fully owned subsidiary of StarHub.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,347
Reaction score
18,573
how's GIGA compared to Eight ?
aex0kv.jpg

Same.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top