
Same same but different.Ya I understand they are under Starhub, how's speed during peak hours etc.
Ya I understand they are under Starhub, how's speed during peak hours etc.
Gigatastic!their team jin jialat, website now unable to report their telco issue (will show 'error' after clicking submit) and Giga is not responding to their emails and social media
My colleague has giga S$15.28 plan with free 5G. He likes the roaming bundle.
• 300GB, FREE 5G Speeds forever!
• Free Rollover Data
• 300 SMS, 300 mins
• 8GB Asia Roaming forever
Then I show him Eight 5G plan at S$14.28. He agrees that Eight has much better roaming bundle, even better than giga S$18.33 5G plan.
Just wondering any main benefits of giga versus Eight?
- 588GB Data
- 28GB APAC Roaming
- 8GB Intl Roaming
- 688 Mins Local Talktime
- 388 IDD Mins (Excl. Myanmar)
- 88 IDD Mins (Myanmar)
- 128 Local SMS
1) Free rollover data? I think this is not that useful now with big data bundle.
2) giga 5G has better priority than Eight 5G?
3) Better support?
4) Any other factors to keep you in giga and not consider Eight?
Take note Eight Telecom is a fully owned subsidiary of StarHub.
I can think of one benefit comparing giga with eight: potentially better roaming partner network (eg: 5G versus 4G, even when using the same roaming partner).
I bought giga China data eSIM for testing. It could connect to China Mobile 5G network. I will assume that normal giga plan would be able to connect to China Mobile 5G network. But this needs confirmation from the users here.
eight 4G plan can only connect to China Mobile 4G network. Not so sure about eight 5G plan users.
BTW, SingTel SIM Only plan and Gomo 5G plans can connect to China Mobile 5G network.
I was in Shandong, China the past week roaming with eight 5G and ZYM 5G.
Both lines roaming on China Mobile 5G and China Unicom 5G respectively.
I'd say the roaming experience is solid and reliable although 5G is not always available depending on where we travel to.
My colleague has giga S$15.28 plan with free 5G. He likes the roaming bundle.
• 300GB, FREE 5G Speeds forever!
• Free Rollover Data
• 300 SMS, 300 mins
• 8GB Asia Roaming forever
Then I show him Eight 5G plan at S$14.28. He agrees that Eight has much better roaming bundle, even better than giga S$18.33 5G plan.
Just wondering any main benefits of giga versus Eight?
- 588GB Data
- 28GB APAC Roaming
- 8GB Intl Roaming
- 688 Mins Local Talktime
- 388 IDD Mins (Excl. Myanmar)
- 88 IDD Mins (Myanmar)
- 128 Local SMS
1) Free rollover data? I think this is not that useful now with big data bundle.
2) giga 5G has better priority than Eight 5G?
3) Better support?
4) Any other factors to keep you in giga and not consider Eight?
Take note Eight Telecom is a fully owned subsidiary of StarHub.
To me now for Eight, using more for roaming usage just like SIMBA than in SG since it's pretty bad locally.Just saw that eight's international roaming has more destinations than giga.
Example there are some smaller European destinations that is covered by eight but not giga.
But i think giga is quite comprehensive already to cover the places most singaporeans will go.
Ultimately, 1 less reason to stay with giga.

After I showed the benefits of eight roaming compared to giga roaming, my colleague converted his giga 5G S$15.28 plan to eight 5G S$14.8 plan.
The conversion took less than one hour.
I actually ask him to keep his wife's giga S$15.28 plan to see if there are any differences. But he converted his wife's line as well.
I was asking him whether he felt any differences between giga 5G and eight 5G for local usage. He told me he did not feel any differences now.
shoppe giga has a China esim 5 days with 10GB per day at $19.7, quite worth it i think.
not sure if its 4g or 5g though? anyone knows?
Enquire with GIGA on Shopee?shoppe giga has a China esim 5 days with 10GB per day at $19.7, quite worth it i think.
not sure if its 4g or 5g though? anyone knows?
Is anyone experiencing slowness?
Change to private dnsI don't know about slowness but I seem to be experiencing lack of connectivity so I came here to check with others. My apps kept giving messages indicating I have no internet connection or behaves like there is no internet connection. This is very erratic and I have tried restarting the phone a few times but nothing has changed.
Change to private dns
eg dns.adguard.com
Starhub is well known for their dns issues.