Starhub Giga

s3nt1n3l

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
39,268
Reaction score
1,778
Hi,

I'm not sure if similar situation has been asked and answered,

but I'm currently on Singtel postpaid contract which is due to expire on 24th Aug,

Can I arrange delivery of the SIM Card at anytime but only insert the SIM card on the 25th to activate the line ?
 

MrMundy

Master Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
4,715
Reaction score
26
Hi,

I'm not sure if similar situation has been asked and answered,

but I'm currently on Singtel postpaid contract which is due to expire on 24th Aug,

Can I arrange delivery of the SIM Card at anytime but only insert the SIM card on the 25th to activate the line ?


I asked giga CSO if I could do what u intend to do but in December. The cso said ok and the billing will start in December when I activate the sim card.

So I signed last Saturday and my card got charged with the first billing cycle. :/

I have not receive my card yet though.
 

tuntun

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
925
Reaction score
55
Just received my giga sim card, the speed is good, alot better than M1

The speed is really faster than M1. Their coverage are same par with Singtel which I used last time. But SingTel package is not so attractive like Giga and decided to switch...Since same coverage and speed is acceptable in most my work related areas, I just use it....good that unused data can roll over to next month and don't waste much if less usages months...
 

eagleboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
11,746
Reaction score
0
Planning to port over my main line over too!

The speed is really faster than M1. Their coverage are same par with Singtel which I used last time. But SingTel package is not so attractive like Giga and decided to switch...Since same coverage and speed is acceptable in most my work related areas, I just use it....good that unused data can roll over to next month and don't waste much if less usages months...
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
Yesterday go sengkang visit friends. The signal inside his house is low 70s to mid 80s dBm signal better than in my house
 

tuntun

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
925
Reaction score
55
Thanks everyone for replying. Seems moving from Starhub prepaid to Starhub sim-only no contract is the only option.

If anyone has experience using Giga at West Coast/Pasir Panjang area and on Iphone SE2 - please share.

I don't have iPhone SE2 but using old 7plus around 34x Pasir Panjang area and so far no issue..SE2 should be better HW to get stable signals....
 

eagleboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
11,746
Reaction score
0
Hi, my contract with M1 is ending on 16 Sept 20, and currently giga is having the $20 for 40gb promo which will be ending this week. Can I proceed to subscribe and activate the giga after 16 sept 2020? And giga will then process the necessary port over on my behalf?
 

HCS_HCS

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2017
Messages
164
Reaction score
1
Yes, you can. Billing cycle starts when you activate your Giga via the app.

PM me if you need referral code :)

Hi, my contract with M1 is ending on 16 Sept 20, and currently giga is having the $20 for 40gb promo which will be ending this week. Can I proceed to subscribe and activate the giga after 16 sept 2020? And giga will then process the necessary port over on my behalf?
 

s3nt1n3l

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
39,268
Reaction score
1,778
Yes, you can. Billing cycle starts when you activate your Giga via the app.

PM me if you need referral code :)

it's port-in upon activation right ?

because the email states port-in will be processed one day upon delivery :s22:
 

aeixuna

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Hi! Can I check how's Giga coverage like in Tampines? Particularly Tampines Ave 2. I'd like to consider trying Giga but the last time I used SH network at my home, it's quite bad...
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,568
Reaction score
18,677
Hi! Can I check how's Giga coverage like in Tampines? Particularly Tampines Ave 2. I'd like to consider trying Giga but the last time I used SH network at my home, it's quite bad...

It will be the same as Starhub network, but without VOlte.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
Hi, my contract with M1 is ending on 16 Sept 20, and currently giga is having the $20 for 40gb promo which will be ending this week. Can I proceed to subscribe and activate the giga after 16 sept 2020? And giga will then process the necessary port over on my behalf?
The promotion is got meh. I thought end Liao on 13 August 2020.
 

weeguy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
1,702
Reaction score
7
it's port-in upon activation right ?

because the email states port-in will be processed one day upon delivery
:s22:
This is correct. When signing up, opt for a new number, and not port in. Then activate the card and port in your number on your desired date.
 

eagleboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
11,746
Reaction score
0
This is a very good and flexible for me. Thanks for sharing.
This is correct. When signing up, opt for a new number, and not port in. Then activate the card and port in your number on your desired date.
 

s3nt1n3l

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
39,268
Reaction score
1,778
This is correct. When signing up, opt for a new number, and not port in. Then activate the card and port in your number on your desired date.

damn, I opted for port-in. oh well just need to pay that last few days of termination charge I guess :s22:
 

sumantochong

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
1,778
Reaction score
1
On GiGa network. The porting in my number Jin fast & smooth. The $20 40Gb plan really good. With 300 talk time, 4G rollover & free caller ID somemore ... The best part $20 is inclusive of GST, unlike my previous StinkTel ... LoL
 

HCS_HCS

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2017
Messages
164
Reaction score
1
E.g. Sign up on 18 Aug and pay full subscription amount ($25)
Received Sim Card on 21 Aug and decided to activate thru the app on 1 Sept.
Your next billing cycle will be 1 Oct till it charges the next full subscription amount.

Hope this clarifies your doubt :) PM me if you need referral code.

Not sure if it’s pro-rated or they just charge 1 mth.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top