Starhub Giga

tek888

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
191
Reaction score
7
Ok port in done..

how long did it take?

my turn to port in next week. Hope it's smooth and fast.

btw, the SIM delivery for me wasn't done in the specified time window. The delivery guy was late for a few hours...I thought he wasn't going to turn up at all cos it was already quite late at nite.
 

George Soros

Master Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
30
how long did it take?

my turn to port in next week. Hope it's smooth and fast.

btw, the SIM delivery for me wasn't done in the specified time window. The delivery guy was late for a few hours...I thought he wasn't going to turn up at all cos it was already quite late at nite.
From Monday nite
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Every Telco can only manage a number of port in request daily. But seems many wanted to port in on 1 Sept... :o

My port in request was completed same day a few months ago.

so it took 3 days? That's quite long.:(:(
 

tek888

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
191
Reaction score
7
Every Telco can only manage a number of port in request daily. But seems many wanted to port in on 1 Sept... :o

My port in request was completed same day a few months ago.

I see. makes sense. My port in is going to be next week so hopefully it will be faster 'cos it won't be on a popular day i guess.
 

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
24,690
Reaction score
6,036
The lift part think need to try out, every estate may be different. For my case Giga got reception in my estate lift, but M1 and TPG totally don't have and after coming out need to wait for a while (a min or so) before re-connecting back the network, no issue with Giga.
yeah. Tried a few days already. No coverage in lift.

Gonna say bye bye to gomo experience. :s13:
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
yeah. Tried a few days already. No coverage in lift.

Gonna say bye bye to gomo experience. :s13:

Assume you meant Giga or otherwise in the wrong thread... :o

In any case, I have gone from Singtel => M1 => Starhub => Giga => CMlink and found Singtel network provides the best coverage & speed regardless.

Go back to Singtel / GOMO / Vivifi / Grid / CMLink if connections in your estate lifts is of utmost importance. :o
 
Last edited:

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Assume you meant Giga or otherwise in the wrong thread... :o

In any case, I have gone from Singtel => M1 => Starhub => Giga => CMlink and found Singtel network provides the best coverage & speed regardless.

Go back to Singtel / GOMO / Vivifi / Grid / CMLink if connections in your estate lifts is of utmost importance. :o

singtel->starhub->circles life-> singtel.

user experience
singtel>starhub>circles life.
 

Jeff1991

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi guys I signed up with my dad's name cos my number is under his name. Any idea how I can change the ownership to my own name?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
Hi guys I signed up with my dad's name cos my number is under his name. Any idea how I can change the ownership to my own name?

I had the same situation as yours, wanting to change ownership of the line from my father to me. But Giga does not offer that.

Hence I signed up for MyRepublic's plan to utilise its free transfer of ownership (just need to fill in a form and signed by your father). But to take note that in most cases, new line owners like u or me may not have a track record of bill payment, that's why MyRepublic may impose a $100 deposit on u, as it did on me.

Thus I am migrating to Giga near to the end of the month. I have just activated my Giga plan on 1st Sep and my MyRepublic line is running parallel, as I understand that there is no partial refund on plans if I migrate say 5th Sep or so. Therefore, I plan to port in my main line to Giga roughly 20th to 25th of Sep and say bye to MyRepublic, in order to get my $100 deposit back.
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Hi guys I signed up with my dad's name cos my number is under his name. Any idea how I can change the ownership to my own name?
You can port in to Circles Life and at the same time do transfer of ownership during sign up. That's what I did in May before moving back to Giga last month.

Sent from my phone using GAGT
 

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,031
Reaction score
3,674
Assume you meant Giga or otherwise in the wrong thread... :o

In any case, I have gone from Singtel => M1 => Starhub => Giga => CMlink and found Singtel network provides the best coverage & speed regardless.

Go back to Singtel / GOMO / Vivifi / Grid / CMLink if connections in your estate lifts is of utmost importance. :o
Correction, gomo is using st prepaid network. So it will be slower than the rest and have lower speed cap.
Singtel/vivifi/grid/cmlink use singtel postpaid infra.

I feel giga speed in some area can be very fast. Certainly recommended for 10$ plan, as their data can rollover for next month.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Correction, gomo is using st prepaid network. So it will be slower than the rest and have lower speed cap.
Singtel/vivifi/grid/cmlink use singtel postpaid infra.

I feel giga speed in some area can be very fast. Certainly recommended for 10$ plan, as their data can rollover for next month.

Bro, we are talking of signal strength & coverage, not Speed. He is seeking to have connections in his estate lifts :o
 
Last edited:

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Bro, we are talking of coverage, not Speed. He is seeking to have connections in his estate lifts :o

Seriously speaking, I dun think it can even be achieved. Pretty much there is no signal for all telcos in a lift. If it has, it is lucky for one. However, it is never something that is realistic to expect even.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Seriously speaking, I dun think it can even be achieved. Pretty much there is no signal for all telcos in a lift. If it has, it is lucky for one. However, it is never something that is realistic to expect even.

He has previously mentioned he's able to have connections while being with Singtel and it's apparently a deal breaker when he did not have connections ... each to his own so I didn't asked if he spend a lot of time inside his estate lifts :o
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
He has previously mentioned he's able to have connections while being with Singtel and it's apparently a deal breaker when he did not have connections ... each to his own so I didn't asked if he spend a lot of time inside his estate lifts :o

If it has the reception, it is a bonus. But dun think there will be any telco will bother to Ensure a blind spot like lift to be covered.

If Singtel happened to be the bonus, then easiest way is to switch back to Singtel.

I am on Singtel now, but in most of the residential lifts that I have used, I do not have coverage too. Maybe if it managed to switch to 3G, probably yes. But most of the time, the duration I am in lift is not even enough time for it to switch to 3G even.
 

blueraresteak

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
8,949
Reaction score
9
I think lift reception depends on area and design of the lift? Currently on giga, I am still getting 4 bars of reception and 4g inside. As for whether the reception is important, I'm sure it will come in handy during lift breakdowns.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top