Starhub Giga

zachxx

Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
215
Reaction score
1
Then should opt to take a new giga number and sign up for the new line first, and seek to port in the outside number at a later time.

I read a post that says able to choose port in date.. But in the end when I woke up my old sim was deactivated.
 

SupremeLord

Master Member
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
3,674
Reaction score
498
ok la, still can make/receive calls as usual. even basements also got 2 bars.

how you test the signal before buying?

as in dun immediately port ur existing number over so fast

apply from giga the new line and use for 1-2 mths try try if satisfied then port over existing number over, if signal no good and use until very pek cek, juz cancel the line since its no contract, u at most in a way pay $18 to try out giga line for a mth

cuz once port over liao, very hard to undo this change
 
Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
I read a post that says able to choose port in date.. But in the end when I woke up my old sim was deactivated.

If u want to activate the plan at exactly the time u decide, it is better to get the new number first. Porting in at the point of sign up may result in the activation happening either on the delivery date itself, or a few days after that or in between. Harder to control the activation date.
 

s330063

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
40
I've already activated my Giga on 1st Sept, so billing will start 1st of every month, if i intend to port over from my M1 do i need to do the request on the 1st again?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
I've already activated my Giga on 1st Sept, so billing will start 1st of every month, if i intend to port over from my M1 do i need to do the request on the 1st again?

No need on the first. U can port in at any time.
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
I recommend to choose the delivery date as the date you wan to port over if possible as mine auto port over when I didnt even activate the sim.
Bro , singtel told me my last day is 29.09 so how to port to Giga ah?

Sent from Tehhan's iPhone using GAGT
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
Bro , singtel told me my last day is 29.09 so how to port to Giga ah?

Sent from Tehhan's iPhone using GAGT

Depends on what u want really.

1) Do u need the plan data reset day to be on a specific day, such as 1st of every month?
2) Do u mind having the 2 plans (the old one and the new one) in parallel for 1 month (so that means will have to pay for 1 month?

But as I understand it, Singtel does provide pro-rated refunds if u ported out at any day, so it wouldn't matter when u port out.
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
Depends on what u want really.

1) Do u need the plan data reset day to be on a specific day, such as 1st of every month?
2) Do u mind having the 2 plans (the old one and the new one) in parallel for 1 month (so that means will have to pay for 1 month?

But as I understand it, Singtel does provide pro-rated refunds if u ported out at any day, so it wouldn't matter when u port out.

GOMO don't allow leh..
they advised to port out 29-2 = 27th.. so how to tell Giga 27th? This month is 29th. I don't mind what 1st of each month etc la...
 

bunnypangsai

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
9,939
Reaction score
39
I assume you’re looking at the $18 plan? (Nvr follow thread)
Apply for a new giga number, but don’t activate yet.
Activate the SIM card and apply for port in on 29th

GOMO don't allow leh..
they advised to port out 29-2 = 27th.. so how to tell Giga 27th? This month is 29th. I don't mind what 1st of each month etc la...
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
GOMO don't allow leh..
they advised to port out 29-2 = 27th.. so how to tell Giga 27th? This month is 29th. I don't mind what 1st of each month etc la...

U only wrote Singtel mah, never said GOMO.

Anyway, then easy lor. U can simply sign up giga , activate and port in your number anytime before 27th. Since your GOMO subscription is already paid on 27th August, u just need to port out to giga before u get charged for the 27th September.
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
U only wrote Singtel mah, never said GOMO.

Anyway, then easy lor. U can simply sign up giga , activate and port in your number anytime before 27th. Since your GOMO subscription is already paid on 27th August, u just need to port out to giga before u get charged for the 27th September.

No it's 29th( billing date ).
I think they advised 29 -2 is because new ISP takes 2 days to activate?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
No it's 29th( billing date ).
I think they advised 29 -2 is because new ISP takes 2 days to activate?

I suggest u add in a couple more days, just in case the porting gets delayed. So try to port out say before 25th. Just write off the service for that remaining few days.

Just to give my example, my old plan's billing cycle is 1st, and I am planning to make the port-out application between 20th to 25th, writing off that remaining few days.

My new plan from giga, is already activated on 1st Sep, so now I am having 2 plans in parallel until the porting later this month.
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
I suggest u add in a couple more days, just in case the porting gets delayed. So try to port out say before 25th. Just write off the service for that remaining few days.

Just to give my example, my old plan's billing cycle is 1st, and I am planning to make the port-out application between 20th to 25th, writing off that remaining few days.

My new plan from giga, is already activated on 1st Sep, so now I am having 2 plans in parallel until the porting later this month.

ok thanks..perhaps I opt to port on $25th..
also what's with start of billing on 1st of the month :s13:
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,635
Reaction score
3,487
I would like to sign up for the $18 pop-up plan. I have to sign up by 14 Sep to enjoy the promo rate. But I can activate it on 1 Oct and the $18/month is still valid? Or is the $18/month valid upon sign up and activation by 14 Sep?

I'm still doing research on which plan to sign up for.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
ok thanks..perhaps I opt to port on $25th..
also what's with start of billing on 1st of the month :s13:

Cos my phone's data usage tracking cannot set the starting date to any date. It can only start from 1st of the month.

Why I do this when there is giga app tracking, is because it is good to have the phone doing tracking also, as a form of double check against the giga app tracking figure.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
I would like to sign up for the $18 pop-up plan. I have to sign up by 14 Sep to enjoy the promo rate. But I can activate it on 1 Oct and the $18/month is still valid? Or is the $18/month valid upon sign up and activation by 14 Sep?

I'm still doing research on which plan to sign up for.

U can activate it later. Just choose to get a new number from giga. Dun do porting until your line is activated.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top