Starhub Giga

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
if you receive SIM, you don't activate won't charge $ i presume

Actually, upon signing up u would have already paid for the plan's first month liao.

So to be more accurate, the counting of the subscription starts when the line is activated, so on the next month of that activation the next month's subscription is due.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,635
Reaction score
3,487
Actually, upon signing up u would have already paid for the plan's first month liao.

So to be more accurate, the counting of the subscription starts when the line is activated, so on the next month of that activation the next month's subscription is due.

then what's the point of activating the sim on the 1st of each month? it's easier to track usage but it won't be accurate as you have paid on a different date and the usage is based on monthly subscription. :s11:
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
then what's the point of activating the sim on the 1st of each month? it's easier to track usage but it won't be accurate as you have paid on a different date and the usage is based on monthly subscription. :s11:

As I mentioned in earlier post, if activation is 1st then data reset day will also be 1st. The subscription will also count from 1st.

So I dun get what u wrote about paid on a different date. The money paid at the point of sign up on a particular day doesn't mean the next month's bill is on that particular day. It will be the day of the activation.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,635
Reaction score
3,487
As I mentioned in earlier post, if activation is 1st then data reset day will also be 1st. The subscription will also count from 1st.

So I dun get what u wrote about paid on a different date. The money paid at the point of sign up on a particular day doesn't mean the next month's bill is on that particular day. It will be the day of the activation.

Ok, so if I sign up today for the $18 pop up plan, they will deduct $18 now. But the subscription starts only from the date I activate the sim. So I activate the sim on 1 Oct, the $18 paid is for the month of Oct. My next billing is on 1 Nov? Is this understanding correct?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
Ok, so if I sign up today for the $18 pop up plan, they will deduct $18 now. But the subscription starts only from the date I activate the sim. So I activate the sim on 1 Oct, the $18 paid is for the month of Oct. My next billing is on 1 Nov? Is this understanding correct?

Yes .
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
say when you pop the SIM to the phone.
how long will it take to activate.

I dunno.... I visited the giga.com.sg website to activate.

So that means I activated the plan first before I pop the sim to the phone.

This is because I wanted the activation to occur at exactly 0000 hours, which I succeeded. :o

BD4xSXM.png
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
can starhub CIS plan port into giga? contract ending early next year but confirm gonna jump ship alr.

read from their faq abt porting, it states
"Note: We do not support corporate sign ups or port-ins at this juncture"

do they mean CIS plan customer from other telcos?

No, they mean they currently does not offer corporate plans. U can still port into giga from another telco cis plan.
 

eagleboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
11,746
Reaction score
0
these few days i feel giga! connection quite bad even though it’s showing 4G. ytd evening i have no data connection at tiong bahru park :( anyone experiencing the same?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top