Starhub Giga

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
Free 100 min talktime today.

#gigaSURPRISE Just for You
With so much going on, here’s a #gigaSURPRISE to put a smile on your face. Simply launch your giga app on Friday, 20 March 2020, to redeem your FREE 100 Mins Talktime pack, valid for use till your next renewal date.
 

BeefCutlet

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
1
Free 100 min talktime today.

#gigaSURPRISE Just for You
With so much going on, here’s a #gigaSURPRISE to put a smile on your face. Simply launch your giga app on Friday, 20 March 2020, to redeem your FREE 100 Mins Talktime pack, valid for use till your next renewal date.

My renewal is in 1 week time... so can only last for 1 week. Sianz
 

youhsueh

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
932
Reaction score
0
I'm guessing with giga I cannot hotspot for my work and answer calls at same time right

You can't take regular phone calls and surf the net at the same time due to the lack of VoLTE.

When regular phone calls is received or made, the network will drop to 3G - which does not support the use of concurrent call and data surfing.
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,547
Reaction score
2,865
Free 100 min talktime today.

#gigaSURPRISE Just for You
With so much going on, here’s a #gigaSURPRISE to put a smile on your face. Simply launch your giga app on Friday, 20 March 2020, to redeem your FREE 100 Mins Talktime pack, valid for use till your next renewal date.

My renewal is in 1 week time... so can only last for 1 week. Sianz

Lol, those renewal date on 21st really CMI :s13:
 

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
19,950
Reaction score
4,152
You can't take regular phone calls and surf the net at the same time due to the lack of VoLTE.

When regular phone calls is received or made, the network will drop to 3G - which does not support the use of concurrent call and data surfing.

Does this mean that when I am surfing the Internet, there won’t be any calls coming in? That means I won’t know if someone calls me?
 

Hwsemb

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
245
Reaction score
24
Does this mean that when I am surfing the Internet, there won’t be any calls coming in? That means I won’t know if someone calls me?

Incoming calls will still come in when you are using the data to surf internet, watch youtube etc. Just that the data will get disconnected immediately upon incoming call, and your youtube will stop streaming. Once you reject the call, or caller ends call, the data will resume.
 

ironut

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,570
Reaction score
39
Need advice from experts here.

After my wife changed her plan to Giga, I can no longer make a voice call to her. I will get directed to her voicemail. I'm using Huawei Mate 20 and Singtel.

If I use iPhone on Starhub to call her, it works.


Could it be Singtel issue or Huawei phone issue?
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
Need advice from experts here.

After my wife changed her plan to Giga, I can no longer make a voice call to her. I will get directed to her voicemail. I'm using Huawei Mate 20 and Singtel.

If I use iPhone on Starhub to call her, it works.


Could it be Singtel issue or Huawei phone issue?

Sometimes the port over not fully complete this happen.

So have this issue been resolved ?

I recently had data issue after my numbers port over completed.
 

hummer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
529
Reaction score
1
Anyone knows if I boosted too much data, does that get carried over? Or only the original data allocation gets carried over?
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
Anyone knows if I boosted too much data, does that get carried over? Or only the original data allocation gets carried over?

what talking you? max 1 month data to carry over...
 

Hwsemb

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
245
Reaction score
24
Need advice from experts here.

After my wife changed her plan to Giga, I can no longer make a voice call to her. I will get directed to her voicemail. I'm using Huawei Mate 20 and Singtel.

If I use iPhone on Starhub to call her, it works.


Could it be Singtel issue or Huawei phone issue?

How about mixing the combination to test? Huawei+Starhub, and iPhone+Singtel ?

How about using a residential line or office line?

Also, she can try turning off her voicemail?
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
Anyone knows if I boosted too much data, does that get carried over? Or only the original data allocation gets carried over?
If you already used 5GB of the initial 25GB then boosted 3GB to 23GB, I believe only 20GB can be carried over

https://www.giga.com.sg/FAQs_Details.aspx?FaqCategoryName=Rollover+data+&+Extras&FaqCategoryId=3
Which data bundle gets used first in my giga plan?
The data usage priority is as follows:
1) Data with the earliest expiry date will be used first
2) After that, Add-on purchases will be used as they cannot be rolled over
3) Lastly, your data from the current month's base plan will be used so that you can rollover any unused data to the next month!
 
Last edited:

hummer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
529
Reaction score
1
If you already used 5GB of the initial 25GB then boosted 3GB to 23GB, I believe only 20GB can be carried over

https://www.giga.com.sg/FAQs_Details.aspx?FaqCategoryName=Rollover+data+&+Extras&FaqCategoryId=3
Which data bundle gets used first in my giga plan?
The data usage priority is as follows:
1) Data with the earliest expiry date will be used first
2) After that, Add-on purchases will be used as they cannot be rolled over
3) Lastly, your data from the current month's base plan will be used so that you can rollover any unused data to the next month!

Thanks for the info. Good stuff.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
If you already used 5GB of the initial 25GB then boosted 3GB to 23GB, I believe only 20GB can be carried over

https://www.giga.com.sg/FAQs_Details.aspx?FaqCategoryName=Rollover+data+&+Extras&FaqCategoryId=3
Which data bundle gets used first in my giga plan?
The data usage priority is as follows:
1) Data with the earliest expiry date will be used first
2) After that, Add-on purchases will be used as they cannot be rolled over
3) Lastly, your data from the current month's base plan will be used so that you can rollover any unused data to the next month!

wrong, if each month data is 25gb, the max that can carry over is 25gb...
in your example, 23gb will be carried over..
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Anyone knows if I boosted too much data, does that get carried over? Or only the original data allocation gets carried over?

Why bother to boost data when can't even use up your base plan allocation? Strange logic.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
wrong, if each month data is 25gb, the max that can carry over is 25gb...
in your example, 23gb will be carried over..
It depends if Giga separates data into different buckets or not. They already say boosted data cannot be carried over, so if they deducted from your main plan first because you have not bought any boosted data yet, then you won't have the full 25GB to rollover.
 

hummer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
529
Reaction score
1
Why bother to boost data when can't even use up your base plan allocation? Strange logic.

Well, I am on the 5GB plan. Based on my calculation and average consumption, i would need an extra GB before time is up for new cycle.

But was suddenly asked to work from home, therefore don't use on train anymore. So the extra boosted data became boosted for nothing, and hence my question if the "boosted" data can be carried over.

Anyway, my plan is resetting at 10am tomorrow. Will know better then.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
It depends if Giga separates data into different buckets or not. They already say boosted data cannot be carried over, so if they deducted from your main plan first because you have not bought any boosted data yet, then you won't have the full 25GB to rollover.

I thot giga have a 25gb plan ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top