Starhub Giga

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
I never kena such issue because I opted for deliver to my office when I jumped onto to giga. Someone is always there to collect the item.

There was also no COVID19 then.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
Giga delivery called to deliver earlier in afternoon instead of evening. Delivery reasoning is once he knocked and no one response he will go off (to go home, where else).

So this is a matter of delivery trying to squeeze in more deliveries order during office hours and rest more. Is this wrong? Yes and no. After all it is $2 and they need to make the most profit out of this hard work.
 

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
54,233
Reaction score
67
Hey vsvs24 and xonix, thanks! How about already activated - want to align the plan to the calendar month? Welcome anyone else can share any insight. :D

Hi all, any one manage to align your plan to the calendar month successfully? I was told by Giga staff it is not possible. :s11:

To align to calendar month, activate on 1st day of the mth. I got my Giga SIM card at IT fair booth on 28 Nov. I wanted to sync to calendar month.

At first the guy helping me say even if I activate on 1 Dec, eventually it will not coincide because some months have 30 days and some months 31 days. Then a more senior guy came along and say as long as activate on 1st of the mth, will tie to calendar mth. He is right.

I activated on 1 Dec and my billing cycle starts on 1st of every month regardless of whether there is 29, 30 or 31 day.

Edit : To add on, time of activation is important. Eg if you activate at 12pm, the new billing also starts at 12pm. So best to activate during sleeping hours. I activated mine at 1.47am on 1 Dec. So on the 1st day every month at 1.47am my new billing cycle starts.

Never cared about it. Mine resets on 21th every month
 

jose12345

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Eventually, did you get the sim card? Or did you chose to port to other telco?

Not yet, after I submitted the request to refund through email, they replied me back, asking me to fill up the delivery details and offer to redeliver.

Now waiting for the CSO confirmation of the delivery arrangement. Hoping that it will goes smoothly.
 

jose12345

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Giga delivery called to deliver earlier in afternoon instead of evening. Delivery reasoning is once he knocked and no one response he will go off (to go home, where else).

So this is a matter of delivery trying to squeeze in more deliveries order during office hours and rest more. Is this wrong? Yes and no. After all it is $2 and they need to make the most profit out of this hard work.

I understand that they're trying to earn more since they're paid based on each successful deliveries made. I'm totally fine if the courier had told giga and me honestly that he was unable to deliver to me during the intended time period. This would no doubt saved me from getting an unpleasant experience.
 

absolut777

Suspended
Joined
Mar 12, 2003
Messages
524
Reaction score
37
woah. apparently must be 25th month then port, else kena last month break contract charge.

http://imgur.com/gallery/B0BJOKd
 
Last edited:

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
I understand that they're trying to earn more since they're paid based on each successful deliveries made. I'm totally fine if the courier had told giga and me honestly that he was unable to deliver to me during the intended time period. This would no doubt saved me from getting an unpleasant experience.

My delivery guy for Giga did called early to arrange an earlier time to go my place, which I agreed with him a certain time period.

My other delivery for CMLink just came early without warning during one of my Zoom class session....
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Been using Giga for one month now, switching from M1. Somehow found data usage increased without drastic change in usage pattern.

Might switch to another Telco if I have to do add on every month....
 
Last edited:

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,532
Reaction score
18,660
Been using Giga for one month now, switching from M1. Somehow found data usage increased without drastic change in usage pattern.

Might switch to another Telco I have to do add on every month....

You can try out MR, they recently also launched a $10 plan with 6GB data.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,295
Reaction score
9,036
Been using Giga for one month now, switching from M1. Somehow found data usage increased without drastic change in usage pattern.

Might switch to another Telco I have to do add on every month....

You can try out MR, they recently also launched a $10 plan with 6GB data.

i recently switched from Giga to MR. Finds MR using more data than Giga, opposite to what u r experiencing right now.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Had a great M1 package ($20 for 30GB) and enjoyed the good value data passport for overseas use. But in the end, can't take the bad connectivity anymore....

Sometimes the download just take ages, the circle thingy just keeps on turning and nothing happens. Maybe that's why my data usage is less than Giga :o

i recently switched from Giga to MR. Finds MR using more data than Giga, opposite to what u r experiencing right now.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,295
Reaction score
9,036
MR is now using M1 network for new signups. I find it is ok and faster than giga. at home, speedtest can hit 100mbps download.
 

Hwsemb

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
245
Reaction score
24
A quick question on monthly giga bill payment using credit card. Say our CC expired, and we didnt update our new CC expiry date and CVV in giga app, will giga inform/penalize us due to "unsuccessful" payment?
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
Which area you at? I've never achieved 100mbps on M1 Network.

I’ve seen before over 200Mbps down on M1 before. Somewhere in Jurong.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/3733930865

Not as fast download but upload much faster, can't remember where already.
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/3588610472
 
Last edited:

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,532
Reaction score
18,660
I’ve seen before over 200Mbps down on M1 before. Somewhere in Jurong.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/3733930865

Not as fast download but upload much faster, can't remember where already.
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/3588610472

That's fast. Is it in an open area in Jurong, i think it's because my test are mostly done indoors hence only get 30mbps at most.

I think the other concerns might be the phone I'm using, I'm holding to a 3-year old Galaxy Note8, most probably the number of bands support is lesser than all newer phones available now.
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
That's fast. Is it in an open area in Jurong, i think it's because my test are mostly done indoors hence only get 30mbps at most.

I think the other concerns might be the phone I'm using, I'm holding to a 3-year old Galaxy Note8, most probably the number of bands support is lesser than all newer phones available now.

I think is outdoors too, in NTU compound iirc.

Galaxy Note 8 should support LTE B3/7/8 which M1 is using now. And typically they don’t allow B8 to have CA with B3 and 7 anyway.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top