
For sharing. If you need to receive OTP or Transaction alert SMS when overseas. No need activate anything or pay anything to be able to receive SMS when overseas. from Giga FAQ:
Do you offer roaming calls and SMS packs?
We do not offer roaming calls and SMS packs. Only roaming data services is allowed on the giga plan. Good News! You'll be able to receive incoming SMS for free not just in our 48 supported roaming destinations, but in more than 230 destinations!
Can I make and receive calls and SMSes when I'm roaming overseas?
We do not offer roaming calls (both incoming and outgoing) and sending of outgoing SMSes when you're overseas. Good News! You'll be able to receive incoming SMS for free not just in our 48 supported roaming destinations, but in more than 230 destinations!
I just ported my TPG number to giga and can't receive OTP. Newly ported number must wait how long to be able to receive OTP?
Did you (or anyone) actually got real experience on receiving SMS OTP at overseas?
Because logically if your phone does not connected to any local network, I just wonder how SMS can be receive?
Maybe I am wrong but just a thought.
I received the OTP via sms from DBS when I was in Munich even though I was not connected to a local network there. I received the OTP for the 2 times I was in Munich for two consecutive years in 2018 and 2019.
Just checked with giga live agent. Details for tml popup plan as follows:
The $18 for 40GB Pop Up plan is a limited time only plan available for purchase from 20 to
26 August 2020. The contract free $18 Pop Up plan come with 40GB of data, 200 mins and
200 SMS per month, FOREVER! Free Caller ID, free incoming calls and SMS and free data
rollover applies to this Pop up Plan as well. Download the giga app to sign up today!
No, cause you are a current customer, not new or port in.i signed up for 40GB for $20 on 19 August 2020, Can i change to the new plan 40gm for $18 before sim card delivery on 25 August?

Did you (or anyone) actually got real experience on receiving SMS OTP at overseas?
Because logically if your phone does not connected to any local network, I just wonder how SMS can be receive?
Maybe I am wrong but just a thought.
My lines with M1 ending on 6 Sep.
Can I sign up with giga now to get the 40GB for $18 plan, but actuvate the SIM on 7 Sep? Also, initiate port in from M1 on 7 Sep also.
Can. I signed up 5aug, activate and port in in December. I emailed the CSO to clarify on this
First billing will start when u activate.
porting is quite fast and seamless... I submitted request for porting on 20Aug afternoon, same day evening midnight ported over liaoz...Any ideas how fast is the porting? My gomo is valid till 31st aug. So 1st sept 20bucks will be deducted by gomo which I want to avoid. If choose port in on 29th morning will it be port by 30th morning? Thanks!
Someone in previous reply mentions he activated his card after 2 months of delivery.Can. I signed up 5aug, activate and port in in December. I emailed the CSO to clarify on this
First billing will start when u activate.
porting is quite fast and seamless... I submitted request for porting on 20Aug afternoon, same day evening midnight ported over liaoz...
what I suggest u sign up a new number and activate a few days earlier so u can try out and assess if the reception and connectivity ok for you then on the next day after your current telco contract expire, to request for port in
edit: just saw that yours is GOMO, so no contract expiry... so u can request the port over earlier... 29 Aug is sat... maybe best to submit request earlier on weekday on 27 Aug
if u need a referral code, pm me.
cheers!
i think in your online signup process, you already paid some $18 + $2 delivery fees? so technically yr $18 for 1st month is a sunken cost which already started...Sorry to ask if ask them to port early my existing number mean that i have to pay Aug bill and start the activate right ?? I sign this morning and will be getting my sim card on 29/8/2020, also i don't have any contract. I hoping that my service will start on 1 September with my new giga $18 service so that i would't need to pay for aug bill. Sorry first time getting Sim only plan. Thank![]()
To be fair to Giga, when they increased the $10 plan from 5GB to 6 GB, they did apply it auto to existing customers. So far this newest pop-up is the only one that cannot apply to existing customers for upgrade. And their offers including pop-ups are for life, not like others first X mths only.
Singtel and Starhub in their latest results both cite tough competition. But if their practice is to treat loyal customers differently and only focus on new ones, don't blame us for jumping ship.
For sharing. If you need to receive OTP or Transaction alert SMS when overseas. No need activate anything or pay anything to be able to receive SMS when overseas. from Giga FAQ:
Do you offer roaming calls and SMS packs?
We do not offer roaming calls and SMS packs. Only roaming data services is allowed on the giga plan. Good News! You'll be able to receive incoming SMS for free not just in our 48 supported roaming destinations, but in more than 230 destinations!
Can I make and receive calls and SMSes when I'm roaming overseas?
We do not offer roaming calls (both incoming and outgoing) and sending of outgoing SMSes when you're overseas. Good News! You'll be able to receive incoming SMS for free not just in our 48 supported roaming destinations, but in more than 230 destinations!