Starhub Giga

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,419
Reaction score
6,012
This morning I quite free, so tried as you requested with a Giga number and yep... went pass that stage and on to how & when I wanted it delivered :o:o:o

Was your Giga number new or port in from others? Mine was from Starhub sim only that port over to giga, maybe that’s why cannot port to gomo?

Or maybe just my number got issue
 

natas

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,244
Reaction score
532
You should contact tpg instead again. Nothing wrong with giga.

Tpg will need to submit the port in request.

FYI both don’t have much support.

TPG contacted me of port over failed with reason, nothing they can do. I cancelled Giga n threw away the sim card this afternoon. I got a new TPG line as my spare. Now with 30GB of M1 and 50GB of TPG, more than enough for a month of data usage.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
Giga for me when don't switch on mobile data is ok the signal is between at least 67dbm to less than 80dbm which is very good. But once I switch on mobile data the signal not so good Liao the dBm will raise to high 90s to 100dbm plus which is bad and also many times the signal drop from 4g to 3g meaning the 4g network no signal that why drop to 3G
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
0Wsgzlnl.jpg

Don't forget to claim free :D

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
Poor network from Giga

Really poor experience with Giga in the past 2 months or so.

Frequently hear "your Starhub number cannot be contacted at this time" whenever that I call the Giga number. Poor quality with Whatsapp call interruptions or dropping altogether when traveling by public transport or by taxi on the expressways. And these are all above ground. Low download speeds whenever on the mobile network.

Going to switch out in a week.

Edit: I should add that I switched from Starhub to Giga when my Starhub contract expired in January this year. However, work-from-home started very soon thereafter. At home the phone was always on wifi, and there were few opportunities to test the network since I was out of the house with the family and primarily on weekends (hence no work calls). Having resumed going to office in the past couple of months, I have had the first real opportunity to use the network properly in no-wifi situations, and concluded that Giga sucks massively.
 
Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
Really poor experience with Giga in the past 2 months or so.

Frequently hear "your Starhub number cannot be contacted at this time" whenever that I call the Giga number. Poor quality with Whatsapp call interruptions or dropping altogether when traveling by public transport or by taxi on the expressways. And these are all above ground. Low download speeds whenever on the mobile network.

Going to switch out in a week.

Edit: I should add that I switched from Starhub to Giga when my Starhub contract expired in January this year. However, work-from-home started very soon thereafter. At home the phone was always on wifi, and there were few opportunities to test the network since I was out of the house with the family and primarily on weekends (hence no work calls). Having resumed going to office in the past couple of months, I have had the first real opportunity to use the network properly in no-wifi situations, and concluded that Giga sucks massively.

I started using Giga in Jan. Noticed these past 3 mths the speed is slower than before. The speed is still usable but obviously slower than at beginning of year.

Maybe due to more users as Giga was aggressively rolling out pop-up plans etc. Now I no longer recommend to friends and relatives like I use to do.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
Yup now giga getting worse. Signal become poorer and data speed become slower from 4g to 3g. And battery drain faster on standby.
 

cLip6z

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
1,823
Reaction score
1
Anyone experiencing can't sync Google services/account on Giga network? But it works totally fine on WIFI.
 

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
13,497
Reaction score
87
Anyone have any idea -What happens if the port over fails due to wrong number given and the wrong number doesn't not tally with my name?

they will reject the porting and send you a sms that the port has failed (as for the details of the sms i dunno but i think they will give u a brief idea) and you have to call to check the issues.

Thanks for the valuable info.

Tried whatsapping and facebook message them this morning to try to resolve this issue . No reply till now. Damn frustrating. Seems non existing customer service.

Update for my issue.
Managed to speak to a 'live' agent via the app after few tries.
Solution is to re-request for 'portin to giga' via the app and giga side will re-process the porting. Successfully ported over in the end.:):)
 

slashiroth

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
570
Reaction score
4
Can I ask how would I know if the port in is successful? I just received the card today and started the port in application via the app.
 

lkinm81

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
438
Reaction score
61
Can I ask how would I know if the port in is successful? I just received the card today and started the port in application via the app.

Giga will send a sms and email notification to notify u the date and time for port in and another sms to inform u the process is successful
 

slashiroth

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
570
Reaction score
4
Giga will send a sms and email notification to notify u the date and time for port in and another sms to inform u the process is successful

ah ok, will there be any emails stating if my requests for port in has been submitted?
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Anyone experienced before when making phonecall (not WhatsApp), it says no network? But data is working confirm. I off data also can't call. Restarted phone then OK liao...

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
I have the pop up plan SIM card when I get the new number on 17 December 2020 but I decided not to port in 1st as the giga signal is getting worse. And I still have not activate my sim card yet
 

qwerty8988

Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
470
Reaction score
213
I see carousell got one guy holds 40+ giga number to sell for quite long already, does that mean we can don't activate the SIM card within 30 days?
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,322
Reaction score
20,563
I see carousell got one guy holds 40+ giga number to sell for quite long already, does that mean we can don't activate the SIM card within 30 days?

The numbers quite swee or what?
You mean he has 40 numbers under Giga to sell??
 

decibels

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
13,706
Reaction score
578
Yes. Scroll back this thread n some one have posted the numbers. I think around end nov


Some one selling 8881 3579 at 1388. Mad.
Haha corporate ladder, smlj logic
Give me free 88813579 I also don't want, so fugly
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top