Starhub Giga

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,386
Reaction score
375
Yes last 3 days I had to make multiple outgoing calls to fixed line numbers and noticed that when dial the number it shows dialling but no ring sound either in the ear speaker or loudspeaker. I ended call, dial again sometime can sometimes cannot. Did not reboot just left it for a few minutes then call again can ring already. It gives me the impression that there's no line when it happens eg like you don't have SIM card in the phone and you call out. My signal was full and using redmi note 8t.
 

grazy0

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
87
Reaction score
9
Yep happened to me few times. Make me think kind of like not enough 3G resources since most our call was on 3G call. It also happened on RedOne.
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
Yes last 3 days I had to make multiple outgoing calls to fixed line numbers and noticed that when dial the number it shows dialling but no ring sound either in the ear speaker or loudspeaker. I ended call, dial again sometime can sometimes cannot. Did not reboot just left it for a few minutes then call again can ring already. It gives me the impression that there's no line when it happens eg like you don't have SIM card in the phone and you call out. My signal was full and using redmi note 8t.
This is because it switch to 3g mode. You might want to switch to VOLTE telco (voice over 4g)

Singtel M1 Starhub Tpg circles and MyRepublic
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Ya. Everytime make call will changed from 4G to 3G network.

Giga dun support volte?
 
Last edited:

shau61

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
108
Reaction score
1
Giga chat is useless. "Let me connect you to our gigacare agents" You can wait till the cow come home and nothing will happen. :mad:
 

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
15,541
Reaction score
530
August my contract with m1 end. m1 reception at tuas very bad and the thing is my m1 is under my mum name as I'm using her corporate plan.
if I switch to giga, can change to my name instead?


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,166
Reaction score
17,435
August my contract with m1 end. m1 reception at tuas very bad and the thing is my m1 is under my mum name as I'm using her corporate plan.
if I switch to giga, can change to my name instead?


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Giga does not do transfer of ownership. U either got to do transfer at M1 or port to an intermediate provider like MyRepublic to do transfer before signing up for giga.
 

evios85

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Planning to port in Giga from Singtel, but I didnt see any support for Apple watch connectivity (or shared mobile line plan)...any idea?
 

shiki_lee

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
2
is there something wrong with Giga network, my phone with full bar LTE, sometime after 10-20min , cant surf net. APN never change remain as giga too.
I place the sim card over another device also the same, full reception but able to use awhile then internet not responding anymore.
 

steven168z

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
3,399
Reaction score
171
now with Gridmobile promo... who will want SH....

22June_Carousel_Desktop_50GB.jpg
 

Uacesg

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
192
Reaction score
16
Hi guys, I’ve activated my giga sim yesterday night. Previous telco sim has already been deactivated as of now. But I’m still stuck with giga temporary number. Mine is a port in. No notification from giga for any update. Is this port in failed?
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
now with Gridmobile promo... who will want SH....

22June_Carousel_Desktop_50GB.jpg
My friend had a poor experience with Gridmobile network previously and since moved on to other MVNOs.
I am not sure how is the situation now.
 

shiki_lee

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
2
damn it...now i know Giga is throttling the mobile network! i am working from home, the network keep stopping and zoom call drop, traffic ping a still going the rest is not responsive.
What the point giving so much data. Good luck for staying in Giga!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top