Starhub Giga

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
How is it compared to vivifi? Seems cheaper and also tap onto SingTel network
I haven't use any of the other MVNOs other than CL and GIGA. CL was very erratic for me and I haven't looked back since I jump to GIGA.
 
Last edited:

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,565
Reaction score
511
ported to giga for my father. his friend tried calling him a few times before the call can get through. giga has connection issues?


Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Giga doesn't use VoLTE. So the connection time will take a few seconds.

When someone call Giga user, the process will be like:

Caller connecting to Giga user
Giga user detected
Giga user switches to 3G network
Giga user connected to phone call and rings
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,167
Reaction score
17,436
Giga still cannot change registered user?

How to switch current line to another person name
Just note this, even when my father passed away they still didn't let me take over the line. So it is basically impossible even for living persons to change the line ownership.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,565
Reaction score
511
Just note this, even when my father passed away they still didn't let me take over the line. So it is basically impossible even for living persons to change the line ownership.

Not true. CMlink allows me to do that. I converted my 2 lines to my gf name without needing to show my face. As long as my ID is intact, scan and upload, you can transfer to another person.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,167
Reaction score
17,436
Not true. CMlink allows me to do that. I converted my 2 lines to my gf name without needing to show my face. As long as my ID is intact, scan and upload, you can transfer to another person.
I posted that post in Giga thread, so I am talking about Giga lah. Of course other operators can lah.
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
Why so cumbersome? Need to port to other operator then can change?
U know MVNOs are so cash strapped that implementing features like transfer of ownership isn't allowed, even if you are willing to pay for it.

Circles.Life doesn't seem to allow transfer of ownership too, but at least port-in & transfer of ownership together is allowed, unlike Giga and some other smaller operators.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,167
Reaction score
17,436
you pay for convenience. Since Giga is cheap, you don’t get certain feature. Fair and square?
Actually, I feel that all service providers should at least do a transfer of ownership in exceptional circumstances, such as when the line owner passes away.

Just to give u an example, what if the line owner passes away and he was the owner of his entire family's mobile phone lines?

According to Giga's rigid policy, it will mean that no one will be able to take over the deceased member's lines and the lines cannot even be number ported to other providers. Is this even reasonable?
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,565
Reaction score
511
Actually, I feel that all service providers should at least do a transfer of ownership in exceptional circumstances, such as when the line owner passes away.

Just to give u an example, what if the line owner passes away and he was the owner of his entire family's mobile phone lines?

According to Giga's rigid policy, it will mean that no one will be able to take over the deceased member's lines and the lines cannot even be number ported to other providers. Is this even reasonable?

I am sure there will be ways to do it, perhaps not known to us. One of the ways will be to write in, tell IMDA and the telco to make an exception. But there will be legal concerns of the transfer affecting banking services of the deceased (family trying to withdraw the money through using the the number etc).

We can, go through the process of requesting the transfer stating the reasons, or to DIY and port out through Telcos like CMLink or MR.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,167
Reaction score
17,436
I am sure there will be ways to do it, perhaps not known to us. One of the ways will be to write in, tell IMDA and the telco to make an exception. But there will be legal concerns of the transfer affecting banking services of the deceased (family trying to withdraw the money through using the the number etc).

We can, go through the process of requesting the transfer stating the reasons, or to DIY and port out through Telcos like CMLink or MR.
That's why I feel that I let off Giga too easily in the immediate aftermath of my father's demise. I didn't argue further with them because luckily my father's lines (which also included my mother's line) had not ported to Giga yet, so I just did a number port to MyRepublic (while doing the transfer of ownership to me) before porting to Giga, with all the lines now under my name.
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
anyone able to use the giga data on ipad? don't know why suddenly unable to activate mobile network error occur on my ipad.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top