Starhub Giga

radon

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
998
Reaction score
89
Next year GST increase, are we going to pay 1% more per month?

They didn't announce right
Just announced.

Here are the revised monthly charges for your giga bill after 1 January 2023:
giga plan
Current charge
To-be charged after 1 Jan 23
$3.90 gigaBuddy plan
$3.90
$3.93
$10 Plan
$10.00
$10.10
$15 Plan
$15.00
$15.14
$18 Plan
$18.00
$18.17
$20 Plan
$20.00
$20.19
$25 Plan
$25.00
$25.23
$45 Plan
$45.00
$45.42
 

grynove

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
49
anyone have experience with their apac roaming? there's not much guide available. seems to be very simple. but it didn't work for me. can get 4g. can only surf giga website.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
2,327
anyone have experience with their apac roaming? there's not much guide available. seems to be very simple. but it didn't work for me. can get 4g. can only surf giga website.
Yes, worked fine for me. Try restarting your phone and reseting network settings. If you can "surf giga website", then you're online.
 

grynove

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
49
Yes, worked fine for me. Try restarting your phone and reseting network settings. If you can "surf giga website", then you're online.

which country you visited? im at Indonesia now. just tried reset network settings. still doesn't work.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,180
Nope, I also just switch to 14 pro max but can’t seems to get 5G
Spoke to Giga CS and they proactively cancelled and request for refund for the 5G pack.
Seems like their 5G isn't ready and asked to keep a lookout for further updates. Weird, I recalled they advertised their 5G services earlier, can't recall where did I come across it..
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
2,327
Spoke to Giga CS and they proactively cancelled and request for refund for the 5G pack.
Seems like their 5G isn't ready and asked to keep a lookout for further updates. Weird, I recalled they advertised their 5G services earlier, can't recall where did I come across it..
I can confirm I managed to use 5G on giga a couple of months ago.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
2,327
You're no longer on 5G then I suppose? If yes, how was the connectivity or its only available at selected locations?
No longer, decided it was pointless. I got equal or lower speeds (Speedtest benchmark) compared to 4G at most locations where I could receive 5G. And Starhub’s 5G coverage is far more sparse compared to Singtel’s. You’re unlikely to get any 5G at residential locations.
 

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
9,278
Reaction score
1,700
Those on andorid using Facebook app to open links on external browser, do you keep getting the message below?

Use data to open link?
You're about to leave Facebook. Data charges may apply.

Seems like it is carrier settings? Previously my other telcos dont have this.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,180
No longer, decided it was pointless. I got equal or lower speeds (Speedtest benchmark) compared to 4G at most locations where I could receive 5G. And Starhub’s 5G coverage is far more sparse compared to Singtel’s. You’re unlikely to get any 5G at residential locations.
Right, I suppose so given that at my residential address, I only could receive 2 bars of network.
Gave them feedback and all they told me was to live with it. lol
Only provided compensation after I pursue the matter, only Singtel have the most covered network in SG it seems.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top