Starhub Giga

marshy

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2000
Messages
349
Reaction score
72
Has anyone tried calling a malaysia number from their Giga line in Singapore?
I'm guessing its just dial Msia Country code followed by number. Any idea the call charges?
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,180
Has anyone tried calling a malaysia number from their Giga line in Singapore?
I'm guessing its just dial Msia Country code followed by number. Any idea the call charges?
Only Data supported for GIGA.

"Do you offer roaming calls and SMS packs?
We do not offer roaming calls and SMS packs. Only roaming data services is allowed on the giga plan. Good News! You'll be able to receive incoming SMS for free not just in our 48 supported roaming destinations, but in more than 230 destinations!"

https://www.giga.com.sg/FAQs_Details.aspx?QuestionId=4835
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,447
Reaction score
18,612
When will giga buff the plan to match eight? eight seems very attractive now
It would not match. Both starhub sub-brand caters to different market segments.

5G giga
4G and roaming addons - eight.

Two pronged approach to tackle Singtel, Simba and M1 mvnos
 

marshy

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2000
Messages
349
Reaction score
72
There's an IDD pack? I'll take a look.
If I don't get the IDD pack I won't be able to call out of SG?
 

ontodhcp

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
226
Reaction score
73
Anyone know whether is there anyway for us to report to Giga, about a specific location where there is slow data connectivity?
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,180
Anyone know whether is there anyway for us to report to Giga, about a specific location where there is slow data connectivity?
Contacting them on FB will be your best bet, there's in-app chat too.
Though I have never managed to get someone using GIGA's in-app chat, but on FB instead.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,180
Sorry I wasn't clear enough.
I meant to call a msian number from singapore.
There's an IDD pack? I'll take a look.
If I don't get the IDD pack I won't be able to call out of SG?
From GIGA's T&C, without purchase not able to access.

3.14. IDD pack:
3.14.1. IDD means International Direct Dialling calls.
3.14.2. You can purchase IDD pack at any time via the App or our website.
3.14.3. The IDD pack comes with $5 credit per pack for usage. You can sign up for a new $5 pack to instantly top up your IDD credits at any time via the App or our website.
3.14.4. You can sign up for IDD pack multiple times. However each sign-up will be valid and aligned to your current renewal cycle.
3.14.5. There are 234 supported destinations for IDD calls. The IDD rates can be referred to via the App or our website. IDD rates can be updated anytime without prior notice or liability.
3.14.6. IDD usage and charge are rounded up to the nearest minute.
3.14.7. Payment for IDD pack is made at the point of purchase. You will need to select one of the available payment options.

3.15.6. You will not get bill shocks for the Services as we will not charge you beyond what you have subscribed and paid for. No excess charges will be charged. All data, outgoing minutes, outgoing SMS and IDD calls will stop upon full utilisation. You will not be able to use excess data, outgoing minutes, outgoing SMS and IDD calls above and beyond what you have subscribed and paid for. You will, however, continue to receive incoming minutes and incoming SMS as they are free.

3.18.3. There is a validity period for each Extra gifted and will expire accordingly
c. IDD pack, Data/SMS/Talktime pack: Valid till the recipient's next Service renewal date;
 
Last edited:

ontodhcp

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
226
Reaction score
73
Contacting them on FB will be your best bet, there's in-app chat too.
Though I have never managed to get someone using GIGA's in-app chat, but on FB instead.
I tried both, totally no reply, their support is non-existent.
Not sure if we can report to Starhub, since it's using Starhub network.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,180
I tried both, totally no reply, their support is non-existent.
Not sure if we can report to Starhub, since it's using Starhub network.
Agreed, you just have to keep trying. Response speed is really based on luck from my experience.
Nope, Starhub will not bother with you.
 

ontodhcp

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
226
Reaction score
73
Agreed, you just have to keep trying. Response speed is really based on luck from my experience.
Nope, Starhub will not bother with you.
I contact through FB messenger, everything I post something, after 30 mins, There will be an auto reply "This chat is now closed due to idle activity"
It's "Idle" because they haven't reply...
 

eddy0505

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
1,768
Reaction score
790
I contact through FB messenger, everything I post something, after 30 mins, There will be an auto reply "This chat is now closed due to idle activity"
It's "Idle" because they haven't reply...
To be honest with how much you are paying Giga monthly, even if you eventually get a human CS to speak with/feedback the slow data issue, they probably won't be motivated to do anything at all unless you are a big corporation with thousands of employees tagged with a big contract value.
 

Surrealz

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2003
Messages
2,452
Reaction score
436
if it still does not work after enabling VoLTE, check that it is on the starhub supported phones list.

My mom's phone doesnt have VoLTE - i believe many older folks also may not have this on their older phones

Bobian in the end I just took the plunge and bought a new phone for my mom as xmas present.

Now no issues.. but still ... i think the implementation of new tech could've been better zzzzzzzzzzzz esp with their non-existent CS
 

loganrunning

Master Member
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
2,355
My mom's phone doesnt have VoLTE - i believe many older folks also may not have this on their older phones

Bobian in the end I just took the plunge and bought a new phone for my mom as xmas present.

Now no issues.. but still ... i think the implementation of new tech could've been better zzzzzzzzzzzz esp with their non-existent CS

earlier you mentioned the phone is a Redmi 9T
Since you've bough your mum a new phone (sincere applause), the following could help if you use the old phone as a backup:


https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_9t-10670.php


https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk...10-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-volte-on-or-off/
Turn VoLTE on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T Android 10.0 on or off
(Vodafone suport page)

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/activation-of-volte-and-vowifi-in-xiaomi-eu-rom.63469/
Activation of VoLTE and VoWIFI in xiaomi.eu ROM
Thread starter gogocar62
Start date 7 Oct 2021
 

VanquishShadow

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
9,442
Reaction score
33
Been using Giga for a few years and of late it feels like the 4G performance is getting mediocre - slow speeds and/or spotty connection even in non-ulu areas.
Anyone share similar experience?
 

GrandJedi

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
874
Reaction score
105
Giga apac roaming 50% off. Where do you enter the promo code? Is it after clicking "let's roll"?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top