
Hi,
am using HW router now. Have a option to D'Link router.. Should i change?
Am only not happy the wireless on HW. Is the D'Link better than HW?
Thanks
some quick questions here:
1) which is better? Dlink or huawei gateway? will be using both wired and wireless setup.
2) necessary to get a 3rd party router to connect to the gateway?
planning to get the home hubbing package. not sure if should wait till IT show. last COMEX, they only bundled a free polaroid camera with the package. heh
haha... strange that many are complaining on that when people say the hw is supposely better?
i think TS has computed a good report infront feel free to read up on post#1 onwards.
everything u do comes with a risk, i get great results does not imply that you be as well.
the risk is always there.
1. i, a person who have experienced with both says that the DLink yields better overall.
2. that depends on whether the provided router covers your wants*
1. ok.. noted on user exp. since i am on HW and the wireless is horrible.. am staying only in a 5rm and wireless at the master room.. sigh..
2. better coverage basically, port forward and future NAS use.
post #1-3 did reflect the stats.
i go read again.. btw u on huawei or d'link?
dlink. previously was on hw.
1. ok.. noted on user exp. since i am on HW and the wireless is horrible.. am staying only in a 5rm and wireless at the master room.. sigh..
2. better coverage basically, port forward and future NAS use.
Hey there,
I'm on Starhub fibre 100mbps plan and am using the Starhub DLink modem router. Right now, I'm experiencing 'connection server time out' problem whenever I'm using my android tablet and phones. However when I used my laptops, there are no such problems.
Anyone knows what's the problem and how to overcome it?
I read somewhere about doing bridging to a 3rd party router but does it help to solve this problem? I have a spare DIR-655 lying around after recently being "retired from service".
Thanks.
configure it to pdns: 8.8.8.8
yes, you can do use your DIR-655 to get the job done as well. ehhh? this thread have the answer on the first page.
1. ok.. noted on user exp. since i am on HW and the wireless is horrible.. am staying only in a 5rm and wireless at the master room.. sigh..
Thanks for the response. Yup, I did read the the first page but saw the model a bit different (855 to 655), so I thought of wanna be sure about it.
Anyway, know the reason on why my problem behave that way? The 'connection time out' on tablet and handphones and not on my laptops? Is it because of the different wireless mode that my devices be running on (G & N)?
hmm.. which HP are you refering to? i have no issue with it on other mobile devices except the galaxy s2.
I'm using the HTC Sensation & DHD and also Asus Transformer.
Had used both routers before and also staying in a 5rm. In my case, can only say that Dlink's range is only marginally better, seem like Dlink's hardware failure also higher since quite a number of ppl had exchange to a 2nd set as with myself...![]()