StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

tak3shi

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
88
Are there still any bugs with the n56u connecting directly to the Huawai HG863 ?
Default firmwares are ok ?
 

Tectrica

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
594
Reaction score
5
I thinking of buying D-Link DIR-855 or EnGenius ESR9850 to bridge as well but my room is the furthest away, i am afraid the wireless still take a big hit >.<. How you guys say?
 

pheliosstar

Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
If you are afraid the wireless may take a hit, you could use CAT 6 Cable. You can try home plugs too but Homeplugs in my opinion is a heng or suay thing.
 

kyin

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
try anything other than
port 21
port 80

change it if there is a need to.

Thanks for the suggestion. But that didn't work. I have tried using many other ports with same result. I guess it is the router firmware issue(or feature, if Starhub purposely disabled it)
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the suggestion. But that didn't work. I have tried using many other ports with same result. I guess it is the router firmware issue(or feature, if Starhub purposely disabled it)

no such thing as Starhub purposely disabled it.

If i am able to do mine on the same router, i don't see what did Starhub disable on yours.
 

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
58,019
Reaction score
5
the d-link router provides is ******* with me by basically DC every now and then and 2 of the rj45 ports will not work at times until i reboot the router -_-'''
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
the d-link router provides is ******* with me by basically DC every now and then and 2 of the rj45 ports will not work at times until i reboot the router -_-'''

is the very first time i heard a router ******* a human being. :s13:
 

tancc79

Member
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
Dear experts,

Anyone on Starhub MaxInfinity Plan and have use this program called CAMFROG (Camfrog Video Chat Rooms & Live Webcams!)

I am having issues with the video chat. According to Starhub Helpdesk it could be due to the program provider blocking IP range 182.55.xxx.xxx used by Starhub.

I would like to seek your advice if they are trying to smoke me.



1. Please check this link : 20120528_2050_39.avi - YouTube (using MaxOnline)
2. Compare with this link Camfrog using HP wireless tether.avi - YouTube

(Connected via mobile phone transmitting as wireless gateway)

3 Compare with this link : fibre2.avi - YouTube (using ISP2: Max Infinity)

As you could observe, when I use ISP1 and my mobile phone as service provider, there is no problem with CAMFROG program (video chat is ok) The moment I change to ISP2, it will hang after 20s (the video).

Any expert please advice.


My view is:
If the provider of CAMFROG blocks starhub IP, I will not be even able to connect to the program.However, I could connect to the program, open the chat room (eg CAMFROG ASIA), open the video. The chat room's main chat is running smoothly. Only the video hangs after 15s . There is no issue to Maxonline or using my phone.
 

Syaman

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,387
Reaction score
2
How pervasive is the problem? Why hasn't Starhub posted anything on their social media channels??
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top