StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

TrueSpeed

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2001
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
Starhub Fibre down again !!!!

I encountered service down this morning.

By later after my work, i hope they resolved the issue...else they gonna eat their s**t!!! :D

Last week SH stated in the paper that it was down for an hour, which is not true, jurong west was down for 3hrs.

Today 7am, no internet connection again... what will be SH excuse for today?



:s11:
 

Michelleang

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone

I just got my SH fiber installed and was wondering what is the normal download speed for a 100mbps plan using wired and wireless connection.

My connection
ONT -> DLink router (compulsory gateway) -> Wired computer ==> getting about 60 to 70mbps

ONT -> DLink router -> Wireless iPad ==> getting about 25 to 30mbps (accessing directly in front of the router)

Can any kind soul please give some feedback?

Edit:
Found some download speed from this thread

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/65476389-post910.html

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/65580584-post964.html

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/65334787-post866.html

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/64033978-post630.html
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone

I just got my SH fiber installed and was wondering what is the normal download speed for a 100mbps plan using wired and wireless connection.

My connection
ONT -> DLink router (compulsory gateway) -> Wired computer ==> getting about 60 to 70mbps

ONT -> DLink router -> Wireless iPad ==> getting about 25 to 30mbps (accessing directly in front of the router)

Can any kind soul please give some feedback?

1. is your wired connection on Gbe or 10/100?

2. using iPad to perform speed test is.... that is what you should get.

I don't see what is wrong with 2.
 

Michelleang

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
1. is your wired connection on Gbe or 10/100?

2. using iPad to perform speed test is.... that is what you should get.

I don't see what is wrong with 2.

Sorry, a computer noob here.

Please explain what does Gbe means?

I connect my computer directly to Lan 3 of the DLink router.:)

If I used my computer to access wireless, I got 17 to 25mbps speed.

The SH tech got about 30mbps from his netbook.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Sorry, a computer noob here.

Please explain what does Gbe means?

I connect my computer directly to Lan 3 of the DLink router.:)

If I used my computer to access wireless, I got 17 to 25mbps speed.

The SH tech got about 30mbps from his netbook.

Gbe: 10/100/1000

when you mentioned you used your compter to connect wireless, what is the type of encryption are you using, distance between pc and router and what is the connected speed you've got from your wireless adapter?
 

Michelleang

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
Gbe: 10/100/1000

when you mentioned you used your compter to connect wireless, what is the type of encryption are you using, distance between pc and router and what is the connected speed you've got from your wireless adapter?

I think the DLink router provided by SH should be Gbe.:s22:

Type of encryption - how do I check this? (computer > 3 year old)
Distance - 7 to 8m from router
Speed - not sure I understand this part?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
I think the DLink router provided by SH should be Gbe.:s22:

Type of encryption - how do I check this? (computer > 3 year old)
Distance - 7 to 8m from router
Speed - not sure I understand this part?

The D-Link i already know is Gbe. The thing I have zero idea is your computer. I can't guess what Network Interface Card it is using yah?

Wireless Encryption, who configured it? The Starhub person? Did he configured with WEP/WPA/WPA2 PSK? TKIP or ?

Speed, whenever you are connected to a wireless network, windows will show you the speed you are connected right (though it is never accurate but i will need it for a rough picture on what you are connected as I am not a good guesser)

if you have so many doubts, I think it will be better for you to contact Starhub instead of asking for advice here.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
an example of a connection speed from Windows.

123ono.jpg


for my case as shown, my connected speed is "130Mbps" though again i have to repeat, this is not accurate and definitely not a benchmark for your current speed!
 

starlust

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
24,776
Reaction score
4,162
Called up starhub 3 weeks ago to setup/activate fibre for me

Gone through 4 to 5 CSOs and not ONE is willing to help to arrange for a setup date.

All are just wanting to say they will call me back, but never do. Everyone just wants to taiji the issue to the next CSO.

With this kind of sucky customer service attitude, cannot help but say that Sinkies are truly unsuitable for this job role.
 

Michelleang

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
The D-Link i already know is Gbe. The thing I have zero idea is your computer. I can't guess what Network Interface Card it is using yah?

Wireless Encryption, who configured it? The Starhub person? Did he configured with WEP/WPA/WPA2 PSK? TKIP or ?

Speed, whenever you are connected to a wireless network, windows will show you the speed you are connected right (though it is never accurate but i will need it for a rough picture on what you are connected as I am not a good guesser)

if you have so many doubts, I think it will be better for you to contact Starhub instead of asking for advice here.

I did ask Starhub, they just ask me to wait for a few more days to see whether my wireless is still at that range.

Thank you for your info..

I just need some feedback from existing Starhub user to check if my wireless is normal.:)

Edit:
Need feedback on the range of existing Starhub user have on wired and wireless connection.
 
Last edited:

Michelleang

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
Called up starhub 3 weeks ago to setup/activate fibre for me

Gone through 4 to 5 CSOs and not ONE is willing to help to arrange for a setup date.

All are just wanting to say they will call me back, but never do. Everyone just wants to taiji the issue to the next CSO.

With this kind of sucky customer service attitude, cannot help but say that Sinkies are truly unsuitable for this job role.

Calling SH will not help, I know since I was in your shoe before.

Just wait patiently for them to call for the appointment to activate your fibre.

SH activated my fiber after 6 weeks (approx) of signing up fiber with them.:eek:
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
I did ask Starhub, they just ask me to wait for a few more days to see whether my wireless is still at that range.

Thank you for your info..

I just need some feedback from existing Starhub user to check if my wireless is normal.:)

Edit:
Need feedback on the range of existing Starhub user have on wired and wireless connection.

instead of asking, I believe the first few posts has cover what you need already
 

Michelleang

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
instead of asking, I believe the first few posts has cover what you need already

The first few posts is for the first gateway (Huawei), which may not hold for the second gateway (DLink), that's why I want to check on the range for DLink router.:)
 

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
9,468
Reaction score
19
Called up starhub 3 weeks ago to setup/activate fibre for me

Gone through 4 to 5 CSOs and not ONE is willing to help to arrange for a setup date.

All are just wanting to say they will call me back, but never do. Everyone just wants to taiji the issue to the next CSO.

With this kind of sucky customer service attitude, cannot help but say that Sinkies are truly unsuitable for this job role.
sinkies or pinoy also same2 rah.

the last time i called starhub cso:

CSO: hallo my name is xxxx how can I help you.
me: hello, I want to terminate my MOL service please.
CSO: ok. can I have you name and IC for verification
me: [give name + IC]
CSO: OK, I see you have maxonline service. What can I help you with your max online?
me: ........ [CSO is really have super short term memory]
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
sinkies or pinoy also same2 rah.

the last time i called starhub cso:

CSO: hallo my name is xxxx how can I help you.
me: hello, I want to terminate my MOL service please.
CSO: ok. can I have you name and IC for verification
me: [give name + IC]
CSO: OK, I see you have maxonline service. What can I help you with your max online?
me: ........ [CSO is really have super short term memory]

LOL. Quite sad. Luckily my few experiences with StarHub CSO have been fine so far.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
The first few posts is for the first gateway (Huawei), which may not hold for the second gateway (DLink), that's why I want to check on the range for DLink router.:)

what do you mean?

The first post already told you the speed MarineX is getting already what.

Based on that you should roughly know how much you should be getting.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top