StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

Rukiamich

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Why are you using the DVG when you have a new router?
Ask for direct ONT and use the new router.

My laptop in my room so I thought using Ethernet cable, the speed will be faster?

But the wireless connection is also unstable, when i surf the net on my handphone and play game, it keeps disconnecting and connecting.

Is it the router configuration?
 

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
55,968
Reaction score
2,301
My laptop in my room so I thought using Ethernet cable, the speed will be faster?

But the wireless connection is also unstable, when i surf the net on my handphone and play game, it keeps disconnecting and connecting.

Is it the router configuration?
LAN cable should be faster and more stable but your case is going thru homeplugs, so I don't know (I didn't have pleasant experiences with homeplugs).
What I'm wondering is whether you were given a new D-Link 865L or 868L router since you re-contracted. The 868L should have much better wifi than the DVG.
 

Rukiamich

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
LAN cable should be faster and more stable but your case is going thru homeplugs, so I don't know (I didn't have pleasant experiences with homeplugs).
What I'm wondering is whether you were given a new D-Link 865L or 868L router since you re-contracted. The 868L should have much better wifi than the DVG.

Thanks, the problem solved on its own :s13: I think it should be 868L, just wondering if the dual band is stable.

That's why I'm reluctant to recontract / upgrade, I always need to redo the configuration and often times I forgot what I did in the first place. :(
 

ohsoon

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
446
Reaction score
0
They told me my ont now can change to any router that I want so meaning I can use other router instead of the given 868L?
 

ohsoon

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
446
Reaction score
0
Mine all the while they didn't configure that for me that why it took quite long before I can use my new router
 

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
Hi guys, not sure if anyone will have an answer to my question or has encountered a similar issue like mine.

Basically I switched from M1 to Starhub fiber just months back. After the contract was signed, I was then informed about the Openet overcapacity issue (about 2 weeks after) and it'll only be many months later before my ONT port for starhub gets opened.

Couldn't wait at that time, so I took up Starhub MOL 100Mbps instead. So a contract was redrafted to a MOL version.

Question: Is there any chance I could switch to fiber without contract early termination penalty? :o

Side note: Are the traffic speeds on SH Maxinfinity to chinese sites as bad as those of M1 fibre's or that's impossible with any of the budget fiber networks around?

How about torrent? :o

TIA
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, not sure if anyone will have an answer to my question or has encountered a similar issue like mine.

Basically I switched from M1 to Starhub fiber just months back. After the contract was signed, I was then informed about the Openet overcapacity issue (about 2 weeks after) and it'll only be many months later before my ONT port for starhub gets opened.

Couldn't wait at that time, so I took up Starhub MOL 100Mbps instead. So a contract was redrafted to a MOL version.

Question: Is there any chance I could switch to fiber without contract early termination penalty? :o

Side note: Are the traffic speeds on SH Maxinfinity to chinese sites as bad as those of M1 fibre's or that's impossible with any of the budget fiber networks around? :o

TIA

1. check with StarHub
2. no idea.
 

ohmygod1986

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2006
Messages
9,991
Reaction score
24
Hi guys, not sure if anyone will have an answer to my question or has encountered a similar issue like mine.

Basically I switched from M1 to Starhub fiber just months back. After the contract was signed, I was then informed about the Openet overcapacity issue (about 2 weeks after) and it'll only be many months later before my ONT port for starhub gets opened.

Couldn't wait at that time, so I took up Starhub MOL 100Mbps instead. So a contract was redrafted to a MOL version.

Question: Is there any chance I could switch to fiber without contract early termination penalty? :o

Side note: Are the traffic speeds on SH Maxinfinity to chinese sites as bad as those of M1 fibre's or that's impossible with any of the budget fiber networks around? :o

TIA

I have done from 50mbps mol to 100 mbps fibre when 3 months into contract only ...

Think for your case at least 300mbps then can ,....
 

xavier_xw

Master Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
3,732
Reaction score
0
Is it possible to run DD-WRT on Starhub issued Dlink-868L router? will it connnect to Starhub afterwards? provided the flash was done correctly.

thanks.
 

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
10,594
Reaction score
158
Really not sure whether to switch to Starhub or not.
Currently using Starhub TV and wish to enjoy hubclub also.
But afraid cause of the outages you guys experience.
Any advice?
 

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
94
anyone on SH have problem with toggle.sg? I cannot watch the paid content :(

I tried the paid content, this is what I got "You are accessing Toggle from Overseas. Please note that only videos with the SGLink Tag can be displayed. Click here for more info."

Mine is a local IP, don't know why it says it's overseas. Are you also getting the same messages?
 

Peach Tea

Suspended
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
12,291
Reaction score
779
I tried the paid content, this is what I got "You are accessing Toggle from Overseas. Please note that only videos with the SGLink Tag can be displayed. Click here for more info."

Mine is a local IP, don't know why it says it's overseas. Are you also getting the same messages?

Yes. Same thing, cannot watch 118 :(

KBhQ89k.jpg
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top