The Contact Lenses Thread

Dantzeil

Member
Joined
May 9, 2010
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
I'm not related to contactlens.sg.

I had recently bought two boxes of lenses from them, after which I came across this thread where I read about their customers not receiving their orders after months of waiting. Their Facebook page is also inundated by similar messages.

Naturally I got worried and was prepared to kiss my money goodbye.

But lo and behold, I received my contact lenses today (in slightly less than two weeks)! So, they have not folded after all.

I'm not encouraging anyone to patronise contactlens.sg (though their prices are quite competitive). But I thought I should share my experiences, in the light of the growing number of comments about them not doing right by their customers.

I recently ordered from contactlens.sg on 20th July and my tracking number was still not showing anything on singpost's website by 4th August and I was starting to panic since they did not reply to my emails as well. I was mentally ready to lose my money.

Somehow, they replied to my email today and my lenses arrived today as well. Slightly more than 2 weeks. Interestingly, on the package, the return address was that of "The Optometry Practice SDN BHD" which was another website that I had bought from 2 years ago. Maybe they are all related :s11: but anyway I am glad to receive my lenses as I thought I was scammed.
 

chaobotak

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2012
Messages
166
Reaction score
5
Hi all, where should I go about buying contact lens? My prescription is about 400-500 for myopia, 250-350 for astigmatism. Also, what should the average price be? I’m looking for monthly lens.

Thank you.
 

keechiu

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
2,443
Reaction score
163
Anyone working in a job that requires constant dealing with chemicals like laboratory work but still chose to wear contact lens? Is it better to get daily disposable as compared to monthly ones..?
 

gabbylee690

Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Where to buy cheap RGP lens in SG and JB?

Looking for cheap and reliable place to buy RGP lens in SG or JB.

I have keratoconus and am looking at both small and large sizes for the RGP lens.
 

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2000
Messages
9,507
Reaction score
106
ordered from lensmart a few days back, will let you know if they come through


seems legit though


fast shipping, item is from malaysia though, so their margin quite high
delivery from Aramax, top up 17 for DHL, got it withint he week of odering
 

z3n1th

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Ordered from lensmart on. 16nov, received 21nov. Rather fast i wld say, in fact faster than i ever got from online orders
 

Back2Reality

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Is it safe to order online?
I just ordered from foureyefrog 4 boxes of Cooper's vision one day extra and I received it within 4 days from the date I ordered.

So I presumed it is safe to shop online as long as we have our right prescription
 

GoingConcern

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Just got my contact lens last week after fitting at an Optical shop by a optometrist. There isn’t stock for my power (-9.00) hence I went back another day to collect.

When i went home and started to wear, i can see far object clearly but it’s blurry when i’m seeing near object (eg. phone). Is it i’m not used to the contacts or it was prescribed wrongly? Pls advise thanks!
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Just got my contact lens last week after fitting at an Optical shop by a optometrist. There isn’t stock for my power (-9.00) hence I went back another day to collect.

When i went home and started to wear, i can see far object clearly but it’s blurry when i’m seeing near object (eg. phone). Is it i’m not used to the contacts or it was prescribed wrongly? Pls advise thanks!

How old are you?
I cant say for sure now, but a test is needed to verify if the power is too strong or if there is any other problem. Let the optometrist at the shop know and they ought to troubleshoot it for you.
 

GoingConcern

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
How old are you?
I cant say for sure now, but a test is needed to verify if the power is too strong or if there is any other problem. Let the optometrist at the shop know and they ought to troubleshoot it for you.

I’m 22 this year. Thanks will head back to the shop to troubleshoot. Some of my friends said it’s because i’m not used to it and some told me it’s maybe that i have Astig.

Also, i wasn’t given any trial contact as read in this thread but i have already opened the box of daily (using acucue oasays). if indeed it was of a wrong power, i must get a new box?
 
Last edited:

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
I’m 22 this year. Thanks will head back to the shop to troubleshoot. Some of my friends said it’s because i’m not used to it and some told me it’s maybe that i have Astig.

Also, i wasn’t given any trial contact as read in this thread but i have already opened the box of daily (using acucue oasays). if indeed it was of a wrong power, i must get a new box?

yes. if box is opened,usually have to get a new box.
Are you certain it was an optometrist that served you?
 

GoingConcern

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
yea the shop owner told me to come back at a later timing for the optometrist to come hence it should be a optometrist that’s serving me.

yes. if box is opened,usually have to get a new box.
Are you certain it was an optometrist that served you?
 

scthomas

Banned
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
604
Reaction score
341
Ordered from lensmart on. 16nov, received 21nov. Rather fast i wld say, in fact faster than i ever got from online orders

Just got my delivery from Lensmart. Cannot recommend them though.
Compared to the rest of the feedback from the users here, my delivery was epicly slow. Order placed Nov 28. Received yesterday Dec 18. 3 Weeks to deliver.
Most of the delay should be with Aramex, which imho rivals NinjaVan for retardedness and rudeness.

Ordered 2 Boxes of Biomedics. One has expiry in 2025, another was obviously yellowed and expires in June 2021. Wtf.

Order at your own risk.
 

ftpofmpo

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
8,431
Reaction score
1,082
singapore should restrict the supply of optometrists, start a graduate course and widen their scope to oversee primary eye care, relieving the pressure on family doctors
 

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
32,875
Reaction score
7,674
Just got my delivery from Lensmart. Cannot recommend them though.
Compared to the rest of the feedback from the users here, my delivery was epicly slow. Order placed Nov 28. Received yesterday Dec 18. 3 Weeks to deliver.
Most of the delay should be with Aramex, which imho rivals NinjaVan for retardedness and rudeness.

Ordered 2 Boxes of Biomedics. One has expiry in 2025, another was obviously yellowed and expires in June 2021. Wtf.

Order at your own risk.

This is really unfortunate
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top