The Official Xperia S thread

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fwah power! is this what you are using korkor?

Too bad, I cant wait. Im using this instead, clear sc that is only better than stock sc.

412713437.jpg

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much is this? did you apply yourself?

$16.99 (exclude shipping) - 2 pieces sc, 1 squeegee & 1 wiping cloth. Apply by myself, not too much trouble since not much bubbles while applying. So far no scratches although I always put my phone in pocket.

teh__o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$16.99 (exclude shipping) - 2 pieces sc, 1 squeegee & 1 wiping cloth. Apply by myself, not too much trouble since not much bubbles while applying. So far no scratches although I always put my phone in pocket.

i very scared those must apply myself one, got dust or bubbles damn obvious
worst is when the end part dont adhere properly to the screen

ragnarok95

Reaction score
Dust use the provided tape to remove. Bubbles use the provided squeegee card to remove.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i very scared those must apply myself one, got dust or bubbles damn obvious
worst is when the end part dont adhere properly to the screen

Initially I was worried too but so far I got some experiences with applying sc & this particular steinheil sc is quite easy to apply. Of course, in clean environment & will little bubbles trouble.

If not, pay a bit more to shops & free yourself of DIY worries. :D

teh__o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dust use the provided tape to remove. Bubbles use the provided squeegee card to remove.

after i apply the sp liao, got dust trapped underneath
use tape to remove? the sp can keep take out/stick back one?

ragnarok95

Reaction score
after i apply the sp liao, got dust trapped underneath
use tape to remove? the sp can keep take out/stick back one?

Use tape to paste on top of the SP and lift up. Use another tape to remove the dust. Then paste back. Got bubble use the card to remove.

teh__o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Initially I was worried too but so far I got some experiences with applying sc & this particular steinheil sc is quite easy to apply. Of course, in clean environment & will little bubbles trouble.

If not, pay a bit more to shops & free yourself of DIY worries. :D
and it helps when the phone is new right?
some of those i bought last time they dont provide application one like those sanrio ones lor

Use tape to paste on top of the SP and lift up. Use another tape to remove the dust. Then paste back. Got bubble use the card to remove.

got try before but got one part like wont adhere to the screen no matter what
and there's no dust there already, not sure if you know what i mean

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and it helps when the phone is new right?
some of those i bought last time they dont provide application one like those sanrio ones lor

got try before but got one part like wont adhere to the screen no matter what
and there's no dust there already, not sure if you know what i mean

if cant do it ourself
like me
i go pay for ppls to help or buy SP from shop and ask them to paste lor
easy does it

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure on x's sp. but carlsover say x's sp has arrived
but my arc s is $10 glossy type
they
got matt and high Res matt
means the high Res Matt more clearer but still got matt coating ao lessssr oil prone

Thanks, pk

teh__o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if cant do it ourself
like me
i go pay for ppls to help or buy SP from shop and ask them to paste lor
easy does it

ya i will do that but some (like sanrio) dont paste for us one

globalzorian

Reaction score
Waiting for them to let me know if the replacement of the screen had arrive. My yellow spot like quite big liao...

After receiving back my handset back from the service center with the replaced LCD (which also still has some amount yellow tint), somehow, the long absence of XS taught me to become less sensitive on the yellow thing... Life without XS was more of a nightmare relatively. :D

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My English not very powderful so need some advise here:

From Sonymobile:
Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader.

What does that sentence mean huh? Will or will not? 'May' is a bit vague leh... :s22:

dreamz13

Master Member
Reaction score
After receiving back my handset back from the service center with the replaced LCD (which also still has some amount yellow tint), somehow, the long absence of XS taught me to become less sensitive on the yellow thing... Life without XS was more of a nightmare relatively. :D
Yup if it's not so serious, I guess we can live with it. Like I notice some discoloration effect near the top of my phone too when the screen is displaying some white pages, but it doesn't really bother me too much, since I can't see them most of the time.

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I can see that, how it was a nightmare for you LOL. Enjoy the phone

globalzorian

Reaction score
Hi all,

From Sonymobile:
Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader.

What does that sentence mean huh? Will or will not? 'May' is a bit vague leh... :s22:

Yeah, IMO, the usage of "may" indicates it's not a sure thing but on the other hand, it also means you can't blame them if they suddenly tell you that your warranty is no more. :s13:

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

From Sonymobile:
Important information

I think they intentionally left it vague by using the word "may" instead of "will". That said, someone mentioned before that they had sent in their phone for repair even though bootloader is unlocked and Sony fixed the phone. I think as long as the problem is not directly related to or a result of the unlocked bootloader (e.g. hardware issue), they will honour the warranty and repair.

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here with local set unlocked their XS? :D

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here with local set unlocked their XS? :D

I know timberland unlocked his phone's bootloader. I'm just waiting for ICS to be released for Xperia S before I unlock the bootloader. For me, the main intention of unlocking the bootloader is to have root and to be able flash custom ROMs / kernels. But if I unlock now, and then ICS is released and there is no known exploit to root Xperia S ICS, then it defeats my intention.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.