The Official Xperia S thread

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My intention is to remove those junks :s13:

And of course for custom ROM, if there's any good ones.

The official ROM to me is pretty snappy and stable already IMO.

centauri61

Reaction score
Waiting for them to let me know if the replacement of the screen had arrive. My yellow spot like quite big liao...

my yellow spot like stock market... just now ran screen test app again when it seem to look less... n has indeed subsided quite a bit...

when it's there, my battery temp oso not high... dun understand the cause of it... :s22:

After receiving back my handset back from the service center with the replaced LCD (which also still has some amount yellow tint), somehow, the long absence of XS taught me to become less sensitive on the yellow thing... Life without XS was more of a nightmare relatively. :D

same same... ask u, send it for screen replacement, ur data when get back still there?

Last edited:

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
my yellow spot like stock market... just now ran screen test app again when it seem to look less... n has indeed subsided quite a bit...

when it's there, my battery temp oso not high... dun understand the cause of it... :s22:

My screen yellow tint will disappear totally after letting it idle for 2 hours in air con room...

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Who here got back their XS phone from the service center??? I only know globalzorian.

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
DSC00700.jpg
Now is like totally white.

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
Brother, glad that you got your phone back already. I cannot help you to follow up cos on leave last week and these two days off.

lol did not sent in my phone yet... I think the cause for the yellow tint is due to the heat issue. If I start using it again, the tint will reappear.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Send in my phone on the 16th... wonder what is my chances of getting back the phone this week. :s22:

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol did not sent in my phone yet... I think the cause for the yellow tint is due to the heat issue. If I start using it again, the tint will reappear.

It is widely known that the tint appears when the phone is hot. Sony already said that "the display on a limited number of Xperia S smart phones may show a slight yellow tint if exposed to temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius."

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
It is widely known that the tint appears when the phone is hot. Sony already said that "the display on a limited number of Xperia S smart phones may show a slight yellow tint if exposed to temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius."

haha... in Singapore cfm exposed to temperatures above 40 degrees one lor. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.