The Official Xperia S thread

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2006
Messages
14,409
Reaction score
29
anyone knows what software can control the Transparent Strip LED ?

i want it to be lighted up *blink* when there is incoming calls, sms, whatsapps etc.

is there such a program ?

Light Flow is for the small LED on top nia. not for the strip. :(

or maybe i should do it the *hard* way instead of using *software* :s13:
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Bro.. thank you very much..

No problemo. Though greedy I am, I still am an honest by~ =D

Too bad he's not a girl +_+

And also, good begets good. Your shop sell so cheap, and you bothered to save the last white set for me, of course I must repay in kind~

Haha come to think of it, this kinda sounds like some public relations marketing strategy~
 
Last edited:

cloudaeris

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
No problemo. Though greedy I am, I still am an honest by~ =D

Too bad he's not a girl +_+

And also, good begets good. Your shop sell so cheap, and you bothered to save the last white set for me, of course I must repay in kind~

Haha come to think of it, this kinda sounds like some public relations marketing strategy~

here comes the one who has the missing tags coupon XD
thx to u and Adix, last i get to taste abit of the NFC,
just let me know the place that suits you this weekend, my msg didnt get to you cause of full inbox

tags aside, im absolutely in love with the phone and its UI, this thing is a beauty. though wish the battery life could be a bit better :D
 

tacmehom

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
Share my settings:
Battery drop 6% over almost 6 hrs of standby
6983409107_23c1b0be30.jpg


- bluetooth on
- wifi on
- 3G on
- all Sync off
- weather update every 12 hrs
- automatic time off
- timescape manual update
 

galatica

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
has anyone ever encountered this:
1. while playing youtube on xperia, you skip or move the time forward manually
2. stop youtube
3. sound from youtube movie continues but you cannot disable youtube as its not found running on the "running applications"?
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
Any bro rooted their phone, maybe can share which apps or service can be del using titanium? I can't stand so many apps and service running..
 

enegue84

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Yeah, would like to know if any tech gurus out there managed to root their XS and still retain full functionality (if not most) of the mobile.
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
Yeah, would like to know if any tech gurus out there managed to root their XS and still retain full functionality (if not most) of the mobile.

Mine is rooted.. no familiar with Sony Android.. don know what to del. But I del some apps. It looks cleaner. I del timescape which saved lots of space.
 

scubyti

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
996
Reaction score
0
Uninstalled
ant
antHalService
anonymous usage stats
com.se.android.awake(fast dormancy)
com.se.drmdialogs
device Monitor
crash monitor
secure sync clock
officesuite
retail demo


Freezed
com.se.simcontacts
com.se.wappush
com.se.warrantytime
DRM Protected Content Storage
OMA Client Provisioning
OMA Datasync
OMA Client
Power Saver
R2R Client (Ready to Run)
Recommender
Update Center
 

enegue84

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Mine is rooted.. no familiar with Sony Android.. don know what to del. But I del some apps. It looks cleaner. I del timescape which saved lots of space.

Wow, that's great! I wanna get rid of some apps too, like Timescape and possibly that ANT radio thing... then all those AppXtra, skoob, plus a bunch of other Singtel stuff...

Uninstalled
ant
antHalService
anonymous usage stats
com.se.android.awake(fast dormancy)
com.se.drmdialogs
device Monitor
crash monitor
secure sync clock
officesuite
retail demo


Freezed
com.se.simcontacts
com.se.wappush
com.se.warrantytime
DRM Protected Content Storage
OMA Client Provisioning
OMA Datasync
OMA Client
Power Saver
R2R Client (Ready to Run)
Recommender
Update Center

Thanks for sharing this list, I can now add officesuite and recommender to the must-get-rid list. Would like to follow suit too, just that I'm not sure what would happen if I stopped those com.se.* items. If over-zealous in killing some modules, scared may destabilize the phone.

Would be good to compile a list of safe-to-stop/freeze modules, or at least provide details on what this ABC/XYZ module does, and if it is a dependency for any other app. Unless of course, all of them are isolated modules running on their own.

Edit:
Currently reading up some threads in the xda-developer XS sub-section (http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1518). Got lots of advice on rooting, bootloader unlocking/relocking, etc.
 
Last edited:

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
Uninstalled
ant
antHalService
anonymous usage stats
com.se.android.awake(fast dormancy)
com.se.drmdialogs
device Monitor
crash monitor
secure sync clock
officesuite
retail demo


Freezed
com.se.simcontacts
com.se.wappush
com.se.warrantytime
DRM Protected Content Storage
OMA Client Provisioning
OMA Datasync
OMA Client
Power Saver
R2R Client (Ready to Run)
Recommender
Update Center

Able to del?
Music player 1.30
Crash monitor
Download manager
Download music info
Download 2.3.7
Event stream
Fbix and etc..
Infinite view
Mono 1.0
Oma client
Oma data sync
Pico tts
Service menu
Timescape etc..
Protected media scanner
 

scubyti

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
996
Reaction score
0
i've been playing with arc for awhile now and now xs.... if your bootloader is unlock, you can just fastboot the image again if the system become unstable.
 

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
14,168
Reaction score
1,239
Mine is rooted.. no familiar with Sony Android.. don know what to del. But I del some apps. It looks cleaner. I del timescape which saved lots of space.

So adix, your warranty is no more? Understand we can re-lock it. So does the warranty still stand after re-lock? Me thinking of unlocking too :D

By the way, can PM me your store location bor? I was at AMKHub running up and down cannot find you... :s22:
 

raychansg

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
192
Reaction score
0
Hi peeps,
anyone can provide a guide how to root the Xperia S?
I tried a few times not successful.. any link or instructional vid?
Thanks in advance :D
 

scubyti

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
996
Reaction score
0
Able to del?
Music player 1.30 [Yes, no more music player]
Crash monitor [Yes]
Download manager [Never Try Before]
Download music info [Never Try Before]
Download 2.3.7 [Never Try Before]
Event stream [Yes]
Fbix and etc [Yes]
Infinite view [No]
Mono 1.0 [Never Try Before]
Oma client [Yes, no more SyncML]
Oma data sync [Yes, no more SyncML]
Pico tts [No more text to speech]
Service menu [No]
Timescape etc [Yes]
Protected media scanner [Yes]

I might be wrong but hope it's help...
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
So adix, your warranty is no more? Understand we can re-lock it. So does the warranty still stand after re-lock? Me thinking of unlocking too :D

By the way, can PM me your store location bor? I was at AMKHub running up and down cannot find you... :s22:


Bro.. run to burlington square..
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top