The Official Xperia S thread

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
14,172
Reaction score
1,239
Did you get your phone back during the currently ongoing "Closed for renovation" period?

I sent in last Thu and got back last Tue (they called me to collect on Monday). So ya, it was during the J8 SC closure.
 

hafeezur

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
I sent in last Thu and got back last Tue (they called me to collect on Monday). So ya, it was during the J8 SC closure.
Thanks so much. I needed to hear that.

But, as I have also mentioned earlier, my job is not even registered properly (unable to retrieve anything using my IMEI, NRIC). I need to sort that out first.

Anyway, I wish you well with your phone.
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
At least you guys know that it was under renovation... My Nozomi died suddenly on Saturday night... Totally couldn't charge nor tun on at all.

So, no choice have to go Challenger buy microSIM adaptor, went back office to get my Arc, then traveld to Junction 8 just to find that the place was gone. -____-

Luckily there was a Sony booth, so I asked the guy issit gone? He told me it is closed for renovation, and being abit sian, I asked where else can I go.

I was hoping the dreaded answer would be Wisma Atria, but thankfully he told me I could go AMK Hub.

1 station away is better than 5 stations away +_+

I asked for LCD replacement as well since I was sending it in anyway. But after reading from someone's earlier post, which says bottom chunk will be replaced too, I am worried about my hard-to-remove phone accessory strap that I sent in together... Probably no choice but to have them cut the $23 strap off if need be... T_T
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,330
Reaction score
6,592
When they take in the phone, they suppose to return you the back cover, the sim card and any accessory that is on your phone. No??

I dun think they will cut away. They should be able to remove for u. When i collect back my phone, they even include the screen protector on my spoil lcd. I was like.... O.O lor.
 

gz_tan

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
When they take in the phone, they suppose to return you the back cover, the sim card and any accessory that is on your phone. No??

I dun think they will cut away. They should be able to remove for u. When i collect back my phone, they even include the screen protector on my spoil lcd. I was like.... O.O lor.


-

I just collected my phone too.

The problem is resolve. but overall did you find that your whole screen however has turned yellowish?

The phone has loses its vibrant display...
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,330
Reaction score
6,592
Yellowish at first. But after a few weeks of usage... it def became whiter for me. I dun see how it loses it's vibrant display..
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
I check out the features of S3 and it really makes me laugh, their way of DLNA is so troublesome and now following exactly like Apple back side, got their own version of Siri.
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
Just connected my phone to PC Companion and there's an update to 6.0.A.3.75. Even though it states that user data will remain during the update, I'm backing up my phone now before launching the update (just in case).
 
Last edited:

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
I check out the features of S3 and it really makes me laugh, their way of DLNA is so troublesome and now following exactly like Apple back side, got their own version of Siri.

Well, people look at the specs and people do look at brands :D
 
Last edited:

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
I check out the features of S3 and it really makes me laugh, their way of DLNA is so troublesome and now following exactly like Apple back side, got their own version of Siri.
Aiya u laugh at them they also laugh at your XS lor. Don't just concentrate on their bad points and learn to admire their strengths too.
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Just connected my phone to PC Companion and there's an update to 6.0.A.3.75. Even though it states that user data will remain during the update, I'm backing up my phone now before launching the update (just in case).

i bo updated leh
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
When they take in the phone, they suppose to return you the back cover, the sim card and any accessory that is on your phone. No??

I dun think they will cut away. They should be able to remove for u. When i collect back my phone, they even include the screen protector on my spoil lcd. I was like.... O.O lor.

Yah the guy intended to not include the accessory, so I tried to remove it but then got fed up ask whether can send it in or not.

He said can just that worried they might change the bottom part too. So i said if that is the case nevermind just cut it if no choice.

He even tried to help me remove it, and gave up, asking me, "how the heck did you get it in???" Lol.
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
mine m1 set, OTA no fw but when connected to PC companion got.
so updated to .75.
after upgrade, data intact.

dunno what's changed though.

According ti xperiablog, the buttons at the bottom became more sensitive. Haven't found update on my Singtel set.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top