The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

xp20046

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
1,731
Reaction score
53
Anyone know where to fixed Note 5 crack screen ? I got quote from Janet mobile costing $250 buckks.. not really worth it to fix... Still can use but just any cracks lines...
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
Anyone know where to fixed Note 5 crack screen ? I got quote from Janet mobile costing $250 buckks.. not really worth it to fix... Still can use but just any cracks lines...

Tahan for another 4 months and chiong for Note 8.... time to start saving now

:D:D:D:D:D
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,268
Reaction score
2,433
Folks,

A noob question.

If I buy an expert dual sim set.

Is there anyway I can flash it local Singapore firmware? Understand that there isn't any dual sim Singapore model...
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Folks,

A noob question.

If I buy an expert dual sim set.

Is there anyway I can flash it local Singapore firmware? Understand that there isn't any dual sim Singapore model...

no you can't. there isn't any singapore firmware available as dual sim is not even supported locally.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Any way to make text for notification when we pull down from the top bigger?

you can just enlarge the font size in settings, but it applies to all wordings not just the notifications.

So there isn't any way to increase just the font size of notification...
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,268
Reaction score
2,433
no you can't. there isn't any singapore firmware available as dual sim is not even supported locally.

I see. So, the closest firmware that we can flash to is the Malaysia firmware which has a dual sim model if my dual sim set is not a Samsung Malaysia set?
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
Folks,

A noob question.

If I buy an expert dual sim set.

Is there anyway I can flash it local Singapore firmware? Understand that there isn't any dual sim Singapore model...

Maybe a noob dual SIM set can flash SG firmware???

:D:D:D:D
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,268
Reaction score
2,433
Folks,

Do you think it is still worth and wise enough to to buy a brand new Note 5 now at about $550-$600 price range or a used set at $350-$400 price range?

I'm not looking forward to Note 8 and I don't like the curved display of S8.
 

bawawaw

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
823
Reaction score
0
If you can score $350 mint condition why not. Coz if your planning for Note 8, that time you can only resell the N5 maybe <$300.

Folks,

Do you think it is still worth and wise enough to to buy a brand new Note 5 now at about $550-$600 price range or a used set at $350-$400 price range?

I'm not looking forward to Note 8 and I don't like the curved display of S8.
 

bawawaw

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
823
Reaction score
0
I misread you previous post. I thought you want N8. Lol. $350 is not a bad price specially if you can score a mint complete set. And with 64gb size. But if your planning to use it for a long time, I suggest go with the one with warranty. I doubt there are still 2nd hand with warranty. So go with bnew.

Am I making you more confused? Haha sorry.

I see! SO, I guess I will get one Note 5 then at around that price range!

Nah! I will not get the upcoming Note 8 sure coz I don't like the new rounded design of the handset as well as side-curved display based on the S8..

I intend to use the Note 5 for at least, up to 1 year from now as I think the Note 5 camera is still quite solid, and above all, Note 5 is a full flat screen!

Thanks! :s22:
 

seikatsu

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
250
Reaction score
2
Custom Kernel

It's been awhile since I last updated my kernel. Currently using arter97 9.4 but the latest version of that is 22.0 which is sadly EOL. Can anyone recommend a better kernel such as Skyhigh/Nobel/etc or should I just update to arter97 22.0? Thanks!
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
It's been awhile since I last updated my kernel. Currently using arter97 9.4 but the latest version of that is 22.0 which is sadly EOL. Can anyone recommend a better kernel such as Skyhigh/Nobel/etc or should I just update to arter97 22.0? Thanks!

You're better off asking people in XDA
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top