The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

mobiken

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
12
Dear bros here, what if my pen broke and some parts stuck inside the pen hole. Shd i go norm shop n fix or ss service centre? I know the pen cost me $18 bucks
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
Dear bros here, what if my pen broke and some parts stuck inside the pen hole. Shd i go norm shop n fix or ss service centre? I know the pen cost me $18 bucks

Please go to the Samsung Service Centre

The S Pen sensor is attached to the motherboard, so if the sensor is spoilt due to the broken bits, then you have to change the motherboard as well
 

mobiken

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
12
Please go to the Samsung Service Centre

The S Pen sensor is attached to the motherboard, so if the sensor is spoilt due to the broken bits, then you have to change the motherboard as well

Wah.. Change mother board sound boh hua to me leh..
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
Dear bros here, what if my pen broke and some parts stuck inside the pen hole. Shd i go norm shop n fix or ss service centre? I know the pen cost me $18 bucks

Just request a quote from the Samsung Service Centre. If the quote is ridiculous as it probably will be... then go fix it at some third party repair shop. I recommend iRepair. I've used them before on a few occasions and their services are good and their techs are skilful and careful.
 

jskywalker

Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
After the latest update, I do notice an improvement in the battery life, but I also notice that the charging percentage and the actual percentage doesn't tally.
I normally off my phone during charging, when I turned it back on again, the percentage displayed is different.

Anyone has the same issue?
 

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
7,770
Reaction score
289
After the latest update, I do notice an improvement in the battery life, but I also notice that the charging percentage and the actual percentage doesn't tally.
I normally off my phone during charging, when I turned it back on again, the percentage displayed is different.

Anyone has the same issue?

Yeah, my battery went flat then i charge until 90% then i turn on 95% LOL
 

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
7,770
Reaction score
289
Dear bros here, what if my pen broke and some parts stuck inside the pen hole. Shd i go norm shop n fix or ss service centre? I know the pen cost me $18 bucks

If they quote too high then you say you go Apple Store to get a better solution.
 

wesdork

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
After the latest update, the phone seems to be running smoother. Besides the average audio quality, there doesn't seem to be any other reasons to upgrade from this good phone.
 

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
7,770
Reaction score
289
After the latest update, the phone seems to be running smoother. Besides the average audio quality, there doesn't seem to be any other reasons to upgrade from this good phone.

Other than the fact that the battery is slowly losing the ability to hold it's charge. I wish there's a law to make manufacturer to replace the internal battery cheaply so there'll be less wastage.
 

jackycar

Master Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
4,897
Reaction score
129
Eh. Full charge from 6pm. Minimal use till next day morning left 20%.. lol

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Normal la. Samsung and Apple phones can't age well. Software update always screws up your speed or battery. In this case it's battery charging screwed up.

On the flip side xiaomi just introduced quick charge 3.0 for their mid/low range models with the latest OS update.

Xiaomi and Oneplus for the win.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Agrees. After almost 1.5 year of usage, now the battery like drain jin fast... :(

Sent from My Samsung Note 五 using GAGT

Likely you've reached or used up most of the battery cycles. So the battery might be unable to hold the usual amount of it's charge now.

Lithium-ion works in charge cycles, one charge cycle when you’ve discharged an amount that equals 100 per cent of your battery’s capacity and the capacity of any type of battery will diminish after a certain amount of recharging.
 

SongManKranji

High Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
185,422
Reaction score
78,893
Hi bros my wifey note 5 draining chin fast, will changing the batt helps.

I checked GW mobile charges original Samsung batt $65 for replacement. :D
 

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
7,770
Reaction score
289
Now my charging damm weird. Sometimes can't hit the Fast Charging speed until i re-plug in.

Think the Note 8 design is confirmed, i see all the Aliexpress already selling the case.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top