The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

aloysious

Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
Gonna get mine next week on the 26th. Delivery to my home. Same here, a Note 3 user, once I got used to the S-Pen, nothing in the market entices me. Well I do know of the shortcomings for battery and memory card, but honestly, I don't play games or watch movies or consume much battery. Mostly for whatsapp and emails and s pen. Even if i take photos, it goes to the cloud storage almost immediately and I erase it thereafter. Keep the positive feedback coming, can't wait to get my hands on mine!

On the side note, any lobangs for good screen protectors and cases?
 

clyp1973

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2014
Messages
2,326
Reaction score
590
I got my 64gig gold set from Bugis junction Samsung store at 1188. Got redemption for wireless charging and cover...

Overpay but I need a phone
 

skaade

Master Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
3,760
Reaction score
3
Wanted to go during lunch but I couldn't. Will go after work to try my luck. Hope there Is a set for me!
 

rockdjlow

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
627
Reaction score
2
Hmm ... me too but I also have this very frequent, I should say situation ... I have swiftkey installed ... so everything would be fine till about 10 seconds later ... the keyboard will just dropped out of sight while I was still typing away ... and then return 3 seconds later.

After that I can continue to type and it will not happen again.
I notice a few time while typing, it auto go to next line.

Sent from Samsung GALAXY Note 5 using GAGT
 

tjkb230

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
75
I tested the USB 3.0 on boh note 5 and note 4, can see the speed different. Probably due to the UFS 2.0 storage on the Note 5.

It has to be the ultra fast speed of the storage implemented in Note 5. Nothing to do with USB 2.0 or 3.0, because the USB port in Note 5 and 4 only supports USB 2.0.

The type B ports for USB 3.0 is the one found in Note 3. Note the port design is USB 2.0 + extension.

The USB 3.0 OTG refers to the type A USB port which the OTG is plugged to computer. If the computer cannot support USB 3.0, the whole operation from computer to phone relies on USB 2.0 all the way.

Just for everyone's information.
 
Last edited:

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Any heating issue with note 5 here with any bros here?

Previously, I was using Galaxy S6 and faced serious overheating issue so much so that I couldn't hold it. Took a gamble to purchase Note 5 this round.

So far so good, though Note 5 is sharing the same chipset as S6, same metallic body and all.....no overheating issues for me even as I game often :D
 

angeltst

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
5
Previously, I was using Galaxy S6 and faced serious overheating issue so much so that I couldn't hold it. Took a gamble to purchase Note 5 this round.

So far so good, though Note 5 is sharing the same chipset as S6, same metallic body and all.....no overheating issues for me even as I game often :D
Not sure if its my phone then. I can feel abit warm whenever i surf 10 to 20mins of youtube etc
 

BenAKL

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
I swapped the S6 for the Note 5 64Gb gold on Sunday late afternoon.

So far, it is really good. The screen is really clear and training my myself to use the stylus more frequently.

No heating issues. Really fast. Good memory management unlike the S6 (you know what I am talking about).

Been a long time Blackberry user and would most probably buy the keyboard attachment once it is available.
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,165
Reaction score
2,877
It has to be the ultra fast speed of the storage implemented in Note 5. Nothing to do with USB 2.0 or 3.0, because the USB port in Note 5 and 4 only supports USB 2.0.

The type B ports for USB 3.0 is the one found in Note 3. Note the port design is USB 2.0 + extension.

The USB 3.0 OTG refers to the type A USB port which the OTG is plugged to computer. If the computer cannot support USB 3.0, the whole operation from computer to phone relies on USB 2.0 all the way.

Just for everyone's information.
Great

Sent from the dark side of the moon using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top