The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, been wearing a Ray-ban's with basic hoya lens for about 2/3 years when using desktop or watch tv. Mainly due to a faulty right eye but perfect left eye combo. Just wondering, how long does it take for people to change their spectacles? And also if your don't mind, any specs shops to reco around the north east/ central area? Thanks
It really depends on many factors, e.g. prescription changing, tired of current glasses look etc. Most can wear for at least 2-3 yrs.

hopfgarten

Reaction score
Any review on lenskart progressive lens? They are offering their in-house and Tokai Lutina progressive. Anyone tried their in-house progressive? Any review on Tokai progressive lens?

koster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any review on lenskart progressive lens? They are offering their in-house and Tokai Lutina progressive. Anyone tried their in-house progressive? Any review on Tokai progressive lens?

I tried Lenskart Rodenstock progressive and am a satisfied customer. It's probably 90% as good as my Hoya Mystyle lens but costs much lesser.

hopfgarten

Reaction score
I tried Lenskart Rodenstock progressive and am a satisfied customer. It's probably 90% as good as my Hoya Mystyle lens but costs much lesser.
It seems that they are not offering Rodenstock progressive anymore. The salesperson say that they have changed to Tokai progressive.

koster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seems that they are not offering Rodenstock progressive anymore. The salesperson say that they have changed to Tokai progressive.

I see, perhaps u can ask whether Rodenstock or Tokai is better. If Tokai is better than I suppose it can't be that bad.

chronorec

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to check is it possible to do a lens replacement without leaving the frame at the store?
As I still need the specs to see even though the existing lens have issues

Airy56

Reaction score
Do frame prices of Oakleys differ from store to store? Made my previous pair at a shop near my office but now WFH so would prefer a shop nearer to my home (Jurong) (probably Spectacle Hut) as long as price doesn't differ

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Do frame prices of Oakleys differ from store to store? Made my previous pair at a shop near my office but now WFH so would prefer a shop nearer to my home (Jurong) (probably Spectacle Hut) as long as price doesn't differ
Hi,
By right price should be standardised as Oakley have their standard rrp price list so you will only see either same price or lower priced items. If higher than rrp, can walk away alr hahah or else you can bargain more.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to check is it possible to do a lens replacement without leaving the frame at the store?
As I still need the specs to see even though the existing lens have issues
Yes, but depending on the lenses you choose, might have to leave the frame down for a few mins to let them trace the shape/size of the frame and lens.
If it’s rimless then it will take a longer time to trace the shape.

tpmmark

Reaction score
markus t dot mono L1034
Recently I’ve tried on this frame and quite like it, anyone got experience with this brand? It’s quite costly as after adding in my lens it cost more than $1k. Thanks for any information ☺️

asdyui31

Reaction score
Hi all. I need some advise, isit possible to use the current lens I'm using and just change the frame, or it will be difficult to do so, my current lens is from zeiss. Wanted to save some money if I can just get the frame instead of changing a whole new set if possible

skridsko

Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA,

Can you please recommend the best lens for >40yr for these 2 uses-cases? No budget in mind.

1) Pure computer/office use
2) General indoor use (watch TV, reading, use phone, tablet, PC etc)

Prescription:
OD +0.5 / CYL -0.50
OS +0.75 / CYL -0.75

Thanks!

RogerXL

Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA,

Can you please recommend the best lens for >40yr for these 2 uses-cases? No budget in mind.

Prescription:
OD +0.5 / CYL -0.50
OS +0.75 / CYL -0.75

Thanks!
Your prescription is very low. Try lenskart progressive lens (one pair of lenses will take care of your dual vision issue).

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
markus t dot mono L1034
Recently I’ve tried on this frame and quite like it, anyone got experience with this brand? It’s quite costly as after adding in my lens it cost more than $1k. Thanks for any information ☺️
Light weight, durable and comfortable pair of frame. Markus t is considered premium and it’s well worth the price.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA,

Prescription:
OD +0.5 / CYL -0.50
OS +0.75 / CYL -0.75

Thanks!
Hey there, your prescription is rather Low. I would suggest probably office lenses. I am not sure how far is the distance from you and your television.
For starters,
You can look towards
1) Hoya work style Room-optimised to help you look at computer, near but at the same time, some to minimal distance vision maybe 4-5m.

2) purely office, Hoya work style desk or Zeiss office lens. Both works well.

since your prescription for distance is quite Low, maybe progressive lenses is not needed unless you want to have clearer vision at far and at the same time able to read well. But for now I would recommend you to use office lens instead.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I need some advise, isit possible to use the current lens I'm using and just change the frame, or it will be difficult to do so, my current lens is from zeiss. Wanted to save some money if I can just get the frame instead of changing a whole new set if possible
Yes it’s possible but, you have to ensure the new frame size is similar to your current one so the pupillary distance won’t be affected too much. If the difference is high, it will induce prismatic effect(giddy,distortion) when you look through your lenses. Can is can however must manage your expectation if you don’t mind.

tpmmark

Reaction score
Light weight, durable and comfortable pair of frame. Markus t is considered premium and it’s well worth the price.
Thanks for the information. I shall visit some others shop for other design meanwhile. Maybe if can find something similar and price lower it will be ideal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.