The Visionaire EC

iceraider

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
9
Thought need to sign S&P within 9 weeks after OTP. If HDB takes 3 months to approve, ain't this contradicting?

developer will not fault or penalize you for not signing the S&P within 9 weeks if the delay comes from HDB.

If HDB never approve, developer also cannot let u sign S&P. Generally, wun go until so long unless need a lot of verification by HDB then it will drag.
 

grix17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
667
Reaction score
0
Thought need to sign S&P within 9 weeks after OTP. If HDB takes 3 months to approve, ain't this contradicting?

HDB needs to clear the path for developer to issue S&P. The quickest are first-timers with no grant so those can expect to wait 3-6 weeks. The rest have to wait in batches for HDB to clear all the eligibility requirements before the developer can issue it, such as grants and income ceilings.
 

jkkvx9

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2016
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Torn between visionaires and brownstone

Hi Guys,

I am torn between the 2 Ecs. Any good insights?

For Brownstone, I like the developer and flooring but the walls in the toilets and the multistorey carpark are quite disappointing

For Visionaires, the flooring seems to be of a lower quality.

Can offer some advice?
 

hongge

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
2,301
Reaction score
261
U mean the bedrooms laminated flooring? Just live with it and replace with better laminates years later if u intending to stay long. This is something easier to replace compared to multistorey carpark disadvantage.
 

asky2505

Master Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
201
Hi Guys,

I am torn between the 2 Ecs. Any good insights?

For Brownstone, I like the developer and flooring but the walls in the toilets and the multistorey carpark are quite disappointing

For Visionaires, the flooring seems to be of a lower quality.

Can offer some advice?
There are merits for a mscp. It cuts down quite a bit of the track noise and provides privacy of the pool users and estate.

Take a train ride towards woodlands direction. Look at 8 courtyard and sapphire. You can barely see inside 8 courtyards. But sapphire u can see the pool and estate quite clearly. Visionaire gonna be even more open. To me a pte estate supposed to be pte. Not for everyone to see.
I've stepped inside 8 courtyards. Can barely hear the track tks to the mscp. And u feel like you are in your own estate. Pte feel.

TBH, if brownstone had been willing to wait for my MOP, I would have gotten it

Sent from sibeh sianz using GAGT
 

KittyTrix

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

I am torn between the 2 Ecs. Any good insights?

For Brownstone, I like the developer and flooring but the walls in the toilets and the multistorey carpark are quite disappointing

For Visionaires, the flooring seems to be of a lower quality.

Can offer some advice?

Brownstone left with quite lousy units and the layout of the ec is a bit messy. I felt like visionaire the pools are all in one line much easier to move around. Brownstone like must navigate between the blocks to reach the next pool.

Also the car park is not great, underground is much better.

I like the flooring in brownstone too but not a deciding factor for me ��
 

Raisinbread

Junior Member
Joined
May 24, 2016
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

I am torn between the 2 Ecs. Any good insights?

For Brownstone, I like the developer and flooring but the walls in the toilets and the multistorey carpark are quite disappointing

For Visionaires, the flooring seems to be of a lower quality.

Can offer some advice?
You have same thought of me ! I like Browbstone flooring too and branded developer.. However the living room really too small for 3room and look weired for 4 room .. Visionaire still can choose good unit with co space storage and 250m of landscape view get more attraction!
 
Last edited:

jkkvx9

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2016
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I can only afford a small 3 bedroom unit. Both places seem small so looking into more details to make a decision. Is it true than the thin wood flooring in visionaire is more difficult to maintain? I heard only 180 units sold so far in Visionaire as well,would this be a worrying factor?

Apologies for the noob questions, first time home owner here.
 

asky2505

Master Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
201
I can only afford a small 3 bedroom unit. Both places seem small so looking into more details to make a decision. Is it true than the thin wood flooring in visionaire is more difficult to maintain? I heard only 180 units sold so far in Visionaire as well,would this be a worrying factor?

Apologies for the noob questions, first time home owner here.
Visionaire laminate flooring creates a floating feel. Vinyl flooring is more solid feel and very water resistant since no plywood or wood inside.
Brownstone finishes are better over all and it's nearer to mrt.
Actually their sales moved faster when visionaire is launched. Can guess why right?
Most imptly choose non West sun facing if there is any left in brownstone

Sent from sibeh sianz using GAGT
 
Last edited:

grix17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
667
Reaction score
0
I can only afford a small 3 bedroom unit. Both places seem small so looking into more details to make a decision. Is it true than the thin wood flooring in visionaire is more difficult to maintain? I heard only 180 units sold so far in Visionaire as well,would this be a worrying factor?

Apologies for the noob questions, first time home owner here.

Visionaire sales is slow but still moving due to oversupply.

If flooring is the only concern, there are many solutions. Eg. add extra layer or ask the developer not to install their laminate so you can put your own.

Are these the only two ECs you are considering? Both are priced quite steeply, so you may want to expand your search to include those which have lower PSF price.
 

grix17

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
667
Reaction score
0
There are merits for a mscp. It cuts down quite a bit of the track noise and provides privacy of the pool users and estate.

Honestly, I hate the idea of the MSCP if I have to walk so far to my car. It's been 11 years for me and I dread every trip to and fro to the carpark.

In the older estates, you had the open-air carparks just downstairs. Then we had space constraints so MSCP became prevalent. If I want the luxury of a condo, I would expect to take the lift straight down to the car park. It's worse if the path to the carpark is not even sheltered!
 

hongge

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
2,301
Reaction score
261
Yep.. and I hate to spin around the MSCP to the highest floor when coming home late.
 

KittyTrix

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
I can only afford a small 3 bedroom unit. Both places seem small so looking into more details to make a decision. Is it true than the thin wood flooring in visionaire is more difficult to maintain? I heard only 180 units sold so far in Visionaire as well,would this be a worrying factor?

Apologies for the noob questions, first time home owner here.

Visionaire has the cheaper 3 bed room options where the basin for the master bedroom is outside the toilet. My agent showed me one unit which was only 715k. However in my opinion it is super weird and not practical. Am not sure how they plan to market that 3 bedroom design
 

Firmament1987

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,110
Reaction score
0
Visionaire sales is slow but still moving due to oversupply.

If flooring is the only concern, there are many solutions. Eg. add extra layer or ask the developer not to install their laminate so you can put your own.

Are these the only two ECs you are considering? Both are priced quite steeply, so you may want to expand your search to include those which have lower PSF price.

Which would you suggest to look at? =D
 

Haogongming

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

I am torn between the 2 Ecs. Any good insights?

For Brownstone, I like the developer and flooring but the walls in the toilets and the multistorey carpark are quite disappointing

For Visionaires, the flooring seems to be of a lower quality.

Can offer some advice?

OMG totally agree on the toilet wall for brownstone, especially for the master bedroom (dark scheme). Shock. I thought I'm the only one who think so.
 

Kokky83

Junior Member
Joined
May 30, 2016
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
OMG totally agree on the toilet wall for brownstone, especially for the master bedroom (dark scheme). Shock. I thought I'm the only one who think so.

Yea man the warm theme mbr toilet totally aweful. Tried asking if we can choose the warm theme but with cool theme mbr toilet design and was rejected straight down. No customisation
 

jkkvx9

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2016
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Yea man the warm theme mbr toilet totally aweful. Tried asking if we can choose the warm theme but with cool theme mbr toilet design and was rejected straight down. No customisation
In the end you decided with visionaire? It is quite ex to replace the toilet walls? My agent told me can get lawyer to write in to developer. Don't know if he is just smoking me. Haha
 

jouhyo

Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
335
Reaction score
144
Yea man the warm theme mbr toilet totally aweful. Tried asking if we can choose the warm theme but with cool theme mbr toilet design and was rejected straight down. No customisation

I thought the warm theme's toliet is the white one. Honestly, the toliet in black theme is not bad. Stains or dirt is not too noticeable. The other toliet in tan is better than the white one.

Lawyer can write letter but no use one. The contract u sign with developer will have such terms and conditions stated. You are just a small buyer compare to the whole development and they reserve the right not to entertain.
 

Kokky83

Junior Member
Joined
May 30, 2016
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
I thought the warm theme's toliet is the white one. Honestly, the toliet in black theme is not bad. Stains or dirt is not too noticeable. The other toliet in tan is better than the white one.

Lawyer can write letter but no use one. The contract u sign with developer will have such terms and conditions stated. You are just a small buyer compare to the whole development and they reserve the right not to entertain.

True la but how hard issit to have a different wall for the mbr toilet. We like everything abt the warm theme except for the for this
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top