The Watch Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
guys, just wondering, i'm working in a local tertiary education institution as well and yes, times have changed since i was a student...

when i was a student, a crumpler bag already puts you up there liao...wear a simple G-shock and you are the better half of the cohort liao...i think if wear rolex, girls queuing up to open legs for u le :s22:

now? i see Pradas, longchamps, MCMs, LVs etc as SCHOOL BAGS!!!! school fugging bags!!!! and worse still, most of the time said bags contain not much stuffs and the students end up having to handcarry some stuffs (example, laptop or bigger sized books)

the income they received cannot be that high, even if they work part time, they highly likely wont be able to afford such products, assuming its originals..
---

without going into the (quite) offensive assumption that they could be caring fake/replicas, can i then safely assume that its just parents giving more allowance to their kids? i see those students who show off parent's wealth as if its their hard-earned ones, i quite see them no up (or i'm envious i'm not born with a silver spoon, there - i said it...)

PS: if you fall into above category and dont have a open mind to participate in a mature discussion, then go back to mummy's arms and complain to her ba...

legit. i wear DKNY watch, people say i ah sia kia. KNNNNN

i rather be respected with my own keep rather than people give me face because of my parents. hahaha

but but but but, got money also song leh.
tough decision.

#hardtruths

:s13:
 

babychimz

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
0
wah wah you what school one? why APs, PPs and Rollies.

ivy league? :eek::eek:

there you see ^, this is how we talk. lol

ya, you wear watches for yourself but your sudden outburst gives people this impression that you're sensitive. nobody is singling you out, its how we talk here.

this is a forum, expect some harmless jokes or trolling (standard issue)

Last sentence...
Wise words from the master troller himself...
Take note young ones...
 

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,145
Reaction score
7
take pic of your good friends watches and post here.

let us see how the other side of the world lives.

i know our side is poor hahaha


i_hug_that_feel.png


:s13:
 

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,145
Reaction score
7

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Just to make things clear, i wear watches for myself, not for anyone else. If I wanted to show off, I'd buy a TT dj2 or a blnr or a sub. Those watches have recognition. My favourite brand is iwc and trust me, no one my age (who doesn't love watches) even knows about the brand.
My good friends in school wear APs, PPs and Rollies. So there's nothing for me to show off. And how much I like a watch doesn't depend on price. I just don't like homages as l feel they don't give me the authentic feeling there are affordables I love very much and have regretted selling. a few examples are the seiko sumo and Hamilton khaki field. In any case, I don't mean to come across as a senstive arrogant prick. I am just sick and tired of being singled out just because I'm a student. I love watches and so do most of you. Why should I be treated differently?
ACS elite for sure. No other school has so high saturation of rich kias.

People just express their awe only what, I don't know why you come in talking about your watches and saying you're a student but next moment you seem ashamed or taken aback when people say you're rich. Mixed signals bro.

Advice- want to keep profile low, don't need to announce you're student next time.. I'm just stating facts. No one here knows what I work as hor. And I don't mention it either because if love of watches is what matters, background doesn't.

And no one here has scoffed openly at me for my cheap cheap collection. :D
 
Last edited:

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,145
Reaction score
7
legit. i wear DKNY watch, people say i ah sia kia. KNNNNN

i rather be respected with my own keep rather than people give me face because of my parents. hahaha

but but but but, got money also song leh.
tough decision.

#hardtruths

:s13:

the most expensive watch i bought when i didn't had my own income was this..$140 i rmb..from Bencoolen :o se beh satki first time buy something more than $100 from my own pathetic savings (parents are not rich...)

g9000r-4-2.jpg


PS: if u have my carousell, u prob can see me selling that watch in my history haha!
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
just making sure our satki student with elite fwens dont feel like his singled out mah...

troll u = he got company!

but i jobless prick. sigh. no job still must kena troll.


hahahahahahaha.. mai disturb liao. time to catch some POKEMON! hahaha
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
I love zenith too! I like the captain elite very much but I may be too young to pull off a watch like that. I'm not so much into sinn but I'll check it out. Thanks! And maybe I'm partial to iwc. It could be the excellent marketing that got me hooked. But from my experience in owning an iwc, I really love the finishing and the look. The brand is just a cool cool brand in my book, maybe just a tad overpriced
There you go again see, "too young".

Just say you don't like the design can Liao.

Better learn if you're serious hor, working life people won't be so open and respond like this. They will keep it inside and hantam you gao gao when they buay song.
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
guys, just wondering, i'm working in a local tertiary education institution as well and yes, times have changed since i was a student...

when i was a student, a crumpler bag already puts you up there liao...wear a simple G-shock and you are the better half of the cohort liao...i think if wear rolex, girls queuing up to open legs for u le :s22:

now? i see Pradas, longchamps, MCMs, LVs etc as SCHOOL BAGS!!!! school fugging bags!!!! and worse still, most of the time said bags contain not much stuffs and the students end up having to handcarry some stuffs (example, laptop or bigger sized books)

the income they received cannot be that high, even if they work part time, they highly likely wont be able to afford such products, assuming its originals..
---

without going into the (quite) offensive assumption that they could be caring fake/replicas, can i then safely assume that its just parents giving more allowance to their kids? i see those students who show off parent's wealth as if its their hard-earned ones, i quite see them no up (or i'm envious i'm not born with a silver spoon, there - i said it...)

PS: if you fall into above category and dont have a open mind to participate in a mature discussion, then go back to mummy's arms and complain to her ba...

I find it rather offensive that you assume that they carry them as if it was hard earned by them. It could be a gift from their other half, an aunt, an uncle or their parents. Maybe they carry these items and treasure them as if it was given to them by someone important in their lives? I know there are arrogant pricks who carry these things to show off, but I don't think it's fair to generalize all the people in my generation. By the way, I know students who work during their holidays everyday as uber/grab drivers to save up for watches and also give their parents money. I do think that's considered hard-earned.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
the most expensive watch i bought when i didn't had my own income was this..$140 i rmb..from Bencoolen :o se beh satki first time buy something more than $100 from my own pathetic savings (parents are not rich...)

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/wich/cabinet/gazou9/g9000r-4-2.jpg[/IG]

PS: if u have my carousell, u prob can see me selling that watch in my history haha![/QUOTE]

i only have a dkny watch for 3 good years and spoilt liao, had to dump it. got bad history with it cause of my ex LOLOL

:s13:

but i considered myself lucky to buy my own tag heuer after working for 3 years part time as a salesperson in best denki. sibei song mens. walk into Cortina, hoot already, felt kinda proud of myself. haha

[QUOTE="indigo22, post: 103030362, member: 301676"][IMG]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/107/432/i_hug_that_feel.png[/IM]

:s13:[/QUOTE]

haha hug jiu hao, don't below hold my hotdog. hahahaha
 
Joined
Apr 15, 2016
Messages
198
Reaction score
0
Closing statements, enjoy what others have and appreciate what you have. Different people have different circumstances and stories behind their watches and how they go about acquiring them. No need for any judgments/generalizations. At the end of the day, we share one thing in common-Our love and passion of watches and horology.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
There you go again see, "too young".

Just say you don't like the design can Liao.

Better learn if you're serious hor, working life people won't be so open and respond like this. They will keep it inside and hantam you gao gao when they buay song.

hahaha life lesson.

:s13:
 

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,145
Reaction score
7
i only have a dkny watch for 3 good years and spoilt liao, had to dump it. got bad history with it cause of my ex LOLOL

:s13:

but i considered myself lucky to buy my own tag heuer after working for 3 years part time as a salesperson in best denki. sibei song mens. walk into Cortina, hoot already, felt kinda proud of myself. haha



haha hug jiu hao, don't below hold my hotdog. hahahaha

ahya this thread se eh poisonous sia...initially my funds were for me to upgrade my camera...dunno why i legs itchy go try Rolex Sub @ THG...

my camera hasn't been upgraded ever since :s13:
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Bro thanks a lot will read up the link.

Learn new things, hope don't be poison by new genre of watch
Pilot watches are the best bro. You need one. Personally, I prefer them to divers hehehe. But divers are nice another way la.
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
ACS elite for sure. No other school has so high saturation of rich kias.

People just express their awe only what, I don't know why you come in talking about your watches and saying you're a student but next moment you seem ashamed or taken aback when people say you're rich. Mixed signals bro.

Advice- want to keep profile low, don't need to announce you're student next time.. I'm just stating facts. No one here knows what I work as hor. And I don't mention it either because if love of watches is what matters, background doesn't.

And no one here has scoffed openly at me for my cheap cheap collection. :D

To be honest, you're right... I'm an acs boy. LOL. But I'm not rich, I would consider myself slightly above average and blessed.
 

a562140

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
6,412
Reaction score
3
I just saw the Fortis Cockpit One at BB Complex, quite nice, I remember someone (cichlids) was looking at their Flieger Chrono. But price wise was $1.9k, with ETA 2436, the value for money is just not there even if the design is so alluring. For me at least. I'm a value hunter lol.

everyone's perception of value is different. i wouldn't get Fortis but having an ETA inside wouldn't be the reason.

and how much one can pay is subjective too; often limited by affordability or degree of spendthriftness.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top