The Watch Thread - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2003
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
749
actually i do understand where you coming from, like walao all the guys inside wearing so nice attire, like you never go in and buy anything, u cannot step out liddat :crazy: but lucky i thick skin, if i ever need to find something from there or just go in and molest some watches, i'll not hesitate to walk in...

or u jio cesario lo, see when he wan go ION and walk into all the boutiques again... :D
yalor. I feel so under-dressed in my jeans and polo. wearing a $x00 watch when looking in. Most of them are empty or have few people.

And cannot go in with my Mrs else she will nag me to death. So I only go around outside alone.

Yes, maybe I will join some brothers here when they go for a walkabout. =:p
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
yalor. I feel so under-dressed in my jeans and polo. wearing a $x00 watch when looking in. Most of them are empty or have few people.

Polo & jeans v good liao. I can't begin to count how many times I sauntered into Rolex boutiques/ADs in crummy tees, berms and slippers...and walk out empty-handed.

Thick skin a bit is ok de lah, not like you there to create trouble right? :)
 

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,145
Reaction score
7
No need, just learn from someone, go and buy second hand branded car key and toss it on counter before talking.

Or find a rich mother and beg her to bring you to AD..

too bad my mama not high profile enough to receive such emails hor :(

#IWC #FTW
 

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2003
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
749
Polo & jeans v good liao. I can't begin to count how many times I sauntered into Rolex boutiques/ADs in crummy tees, berms and slippers...and walk out empty-handed.

Thick skin a bit is ok de lah, not like you there to create trouble right? :)
You're the man!:s13:
If more of us do that, it may degrade the exclusiveness, the brand. :s13:
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,854
Reaction score
716
I thought nowadays dressed like PRC get best service.
The AD salesperson looked v disappointed when I replied to him in singlish.
 

nedenow

Member
Joined
May 22, 2012
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
pay no attention to the dressing of the sa.. you paying top $, no need 看人脸色. can always walk away and give the commission to the next person.
 

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
9,804
Reaction score
0
today ish ang bao day :D

Hb3Khj1.jpg

bro reikizi received blessings from the temple! :s12:
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Polo & jeans v good liao. I can't begin to count how many times I sauntered into Rolex boutiques/ADs in crummy tees, berms and slippers...and walk out empty-handed.

Thick skin a bit is ok de lah, not like you there to create trouble right? :)

I think the AD/boutique staff worried that you one punch them. :s13:
 

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
9,804
Reaction score
0
my replies in blue.

Oh no... the other HWZ watch friends that I chat with regularly know that I don't have any new additions to my Panerai collection. :) My precious is still my late granddad's Pagol watch, which the older members know about. :D

not many local watch enthusiasts know that singapore had a locally produced watch called pagol from the 60s to the 80s. its logo is a coconut tree. they use swiss movements. the designs are dated now, but those who're into vintage and a slice of local history will be interested. :)

7 months and counting. The custom leather strap came last month after 6 months of waiting, but it was not to my specifications so I replied to the strapmaker and he is making me a new strap, so I got to wait a bit longer. Patience is a virtue or so I am told.

you're one patient man! glad the strapmaker is also willing to re-make it to your specs.

No worries at all. A nice strap will only accentuate your watch but get it wrong and the reverse will happen! Good luck!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top