The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Sunset lume... trying out rubber.

5965c0a48b0e408a1eb233a6a8c3d01f.jpg
 

ashcrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
14,849
Reaction score
25
Perhaps the cost to produce 8F was so near to 8J/9F while accuracy wise not near them but is in between the entry seiko quartz and 8J/9F, thus they discarded 8F then. Anyway a good catch of 8F for collection, probably wont be seeing them after a period of time.

i will certainly keep this piece for long. high accuracy, perpetual calendar, mid-size diver for usd250+ during launch. too good for it's pricing 10yrs back. now it's doubled as pre-owned.

3rd day and the accuracy is dead on...for now..:o
omQWD2g.jpg
 

TheV

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
875
Reaction score
12
saw the Qoo10 sale last minute and bought the SARB065J yesterday at $400.

for those interested in SARB065 can wait for the sale again. i believe national day sure have sale again.


 

001_bh

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Hi all, new to this horology scene here. I'm looking to buy my first mechanical timepiece, and have saved to a budget of around SGD $250. I'd prefer an everyday watch (something I can wear everyday and goes along well with different outfits). Does anyone have any recommendations?

I've heard a lot about the Seiko SKX, but to be honest, when seeing it in person, it 'ticks boxes', yes, but it just doesn't make me feel an urge to buy it. Hence I would like to ask you guys for any other recommendations. Thanks!
 

Ed.YEO

Banned
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
8,713
Reaction score
0
Hi all, new to this horology scene here. I'm looking to buy my first mechanical timepiece, and have saved to a budget of around SGD $250. I'd prefer an everyday watch (something I can wear everyday and goes along well with different outfits). Does anyone have any recommendations?
其实要选錶不是一件难事。主要还是看你自己喜欢什麽款式,款式又與工作环境是否有冲突。
打个比方,如果你在放工後没有其他的户外运动如游泳,加上你是一般办公室文员,以精工skx系列潜水錶作为日日戴的錶款,就會显得格格不入,也有些唐突。相反的,如果你是天天在户外工作的工程师还是业务员,在粗糙的环境下戴皮带款Bambino,手上那隻錶,不止錶壳易花,皮带也会因為与汗水接触,容易烂。
 

DiCaprio

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
611
Reaction score
7
Hi all, new to this horology scene here. I'm looking to buy my first mechanical timepiece, and have saved to a budget of around SGD $250. I'd prefer an everyday watch (something I can wear everyday and goes along well with different outfits). Does anyone have any recommendations?

I've heard a lot about the Seiko SKX, but to be honest, when seeing it in person, it 'ticks boxes', yes, but it just doesn't make me feel an urge to buy it. Hence I would like to ask you guys for any other recommendations. Thanks!
The skx is a classic!
4XuUKYTl.jpg


Sent from Huawei Nexus 6P using GAGT
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
Hi all, new to this horology scene here. I'm looking to buy my first mechanical timepiece, and have saved to a budget of around SGD $250. I'd prefer an everyday watch (something I can wear everyday and goes along well with different outfits). Does anyone have any recommendations?

I've heard a lot about the Seiko SKX, but to be honest, when seeing it in person, it 'ticks boxes', yes, but it just doesn't make me feel an urge to buy it. Hence I would like to ask you guys for any other recommendations. Thanks!
A FFF mod Seiko 5? PM me if u are interested to get this (used but in mint condition, original bracelet unused).

g21p0rO.jpg
 

Synchroniza

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
1,826
Reaction score
42
Me too didn't like it at first. However the look grew on me... mines with me for almost 6 years.. my first automatic watch :D

Hi all, new to this horology scene here. I'm looking to buy my first mechanical timepiece, and have saved to a budget of around SGD $250. I'd prefer an everyday watch (something I can wear everyday and goes along well with different outfits). Does anyone have any recommendations?

I've heard a lot about the Seiko SKX, but to be honest, when seeing it in person, it 'ticks boxes', yes, but it just doesn't make me feel an urge to buy it. Hence I would like to ask you guys for any other recommendations. Thanks!
 

malvin-2010

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
0
Morning all, any advice for the unfortunate watch?
Watch fell out of my hand this morning and landed hard.
Broken shards is preventing the second hand from moving.

JEUfEGA.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top