The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
btw anyone can tell me chuan watch how ? .. never went there before , planning to get something there maybe last quarter :D

I got my SD4000 from them early this year. Customer service-wise, I would say it's pretty basic from my personal experience, although nothing on the same level as ADs/official boutiques of course. But I think their price is pretty decent most of the time. Reputation is a top priority for grey dealers, and I think Chuan's definitely ranks amongst the top few bah.

Excited to see your upcoming hoot! :D
 

WoShiXiaoMing

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2016
Messages
521
Reaction score
5
Hi guys, first time coming into the watch thread.
So I am wearing guess watch model W0366G4(black) now. As my wrist is not very big, the silicon strap seems too thick for me. I am considering changing to leather strap at those watch shop but not sure whether leather strap suits that watch design.
What are your opinions on it and what type of leather strap would u guys recommend(if changing)? Or any black one will do?
 

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
I step in knowing I won't buy. See see for fun.
Shiok hahaha.

I Lao Jiao they don't know. They see me ginna pi

ginna pi ?? er... youngest in this thread is ah mo and me leh :D

I go hj almost weekly, mostly just to look see look see and chat with the uncle. Only bought from them once recently. No need scared go in la.😅

weekly !! jin satki mens :s13: .. the uncle is Russell ??

I got my SD4000 from them early this year. Customer service-wise, I would say it's pretty basic from my personal experience, although nothing on the same level as ADs/official boutiques of course. But I think their price is pretty decent most of the time. Reputation is a top priority for grey dealers, and I think Chuan's definitely ranks amongst the top few bah.

Excited to see your upcoming hoot! :D

gam xia !! :s12: .. basic service ok liao .. good enough for me .... their price seem decent for grey .. I more afraid of those stuck up type ..

must loon till last quarter then can hoot .... :s13: .. if not will kena aim :(
 

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
My first Russian. :D
9NpHjxKl.jpg


Sent from Planet Zi using GAGT
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Hi guys, first time coming into the watch thread.
So I am wearing guess watch model W0366G4(black) now. As my wrist is not very big, the silicon strap seems too thick for me. I am considering changing to leather strap at those watch shop but not sure whether leather strap suits that watch design.
What are your opinions on it and what type of leather strap would u guys recommend(if changing)? Or any black one will do?

Welcome to the watch thread :)

Give K2 a visit
 

snowver

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
1,549
Reaction score
0
Haha not russell. He is with the big clients. Not satki la, just persistant? and i think maybe they find me annoying at first also. Dunnoe.:s22:

Now a days is more like meet friend. Chat abt watch and chat abt life. Share holiday photo even. Its all abt building relationship. If i dun go for a few weeks he will ask where i went :s13:

ginna pi ?? er... youngest in this thread is ah mo and me leh :D



weekly !! jin satki mens :s13: .. the uncle is Russell ??



gam xia !! :s12: .. basic service ok liao .. good enough for me .... their price seem decent for grey .. I more afraid of those stuck up type ..

must loon till last quarter then can hoot .... :s13: .. if not will kena aim :(
 

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
Haha not russell. He is with the big clients. Not satki la, just persistant? and i think maybe they find me annoying at first also. Dunnoe.:s22:

Now a days is more like meet friend. Chat abt watch and chat abt life. Share holiday photo even. Its all abt building relationship. If i dun go for a few weeks he will ask where i went :s13:

yeah, I "put Russell ??" as he is quite ok but not those really chat .. he more business tune and most time inside and but come out when I neg :s13: ..


rast time I rem only got 1 or 2 lady with Russell .. uncle wise .. I never see before .. but long time never go there walk already. I only rem rast time got one uncle at goldman super friendly
 

snowver

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
1,549
Reaction score
0
If you go weekend should be able to see him.

Russell i never talk to him before, but good impression. I messaged him one time to ask abt a watch i saw online. I wanted to ask them if they willing check the watch for a fee. End up he ask me send him pics and he just verify for free and gave me tips on what to look for. Which was really helpful. We had no dealing before that and he helped me. Kudos to him.

I also got a colleague who bought many watches from hj. So i m confident and comfortable with them.

yeah, I "put Russell ??" as he is quite ok but not those really chat .. he more business tune and most time inside and but come out when I neg :s13: ..


rast time I rem only got 1 or 2 lady with Russell .. uncle wise .. I never see before .. but long time never go there walk already. I only rem rast time got one uncle at goldman super friendly
 

Melvyn_

Member
Joined
May 19, 2013
Messages
191
Reaction score
1
Excuse me, don't get me wrong, I don't expect good service.

I just expect not to get my time wasted because someone can't be bothered to read exchanges on Carousell properly. It's a proper shop with shopfront who has been there for many years, with a reputation. Certainly the expectation is different.

Let bygones be bygones bro. Can always find another shop to go to. Just make sure you know its trustworthy.. Hahah
 

tictactor

Master Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
3,843
Reaction score
38
hello guys! can sic where you guys get your watch display boxes from? looking for a 6-10 piece one for about $25!

TIA :)
 

acegig

Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
472
Reaction score
0
Chuan Watch is run by a family business, bought my Pam from them. Would say its good service, very warmth and friendly customer service. Should give it a try
 

chows99

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
107
Like what gx84 said, i rather go straight to consumer as shops earn a fat margin. As long as we do due diligence, deals are there for us.
 

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
If you go weekend should be able to see him.

Russell i never talk to him before, but good impression. I messaged him one time to ask abt a watch i saw online. I wanted to ask them if they willing check the watch for a fee. End up he ask me send him pics and he just verify for free and gave me tips on what to look for. Which was really helpful. We had no dealing before that and he helped me. Kudos to him.

I also got a colleague who bought many watches from hj. So i m confident and comfortable with them.

normally I go weekday. yes, Russell quite ok, spoke to him once. not stuck up ... he spoke to me cos I ask discount :s13: the lady check with him .. and he came out to speak to me. overall impression good not super talkative but still ok. before that visited few times without buying and the lady also quite friendly.

That's why I put them in the list of shops good to go and visit. I trade in my watches prices also ok. not like some .. really low ball me till no tml :(
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Like what gx84 said, i rather go straight to consumer as shops earn a fat margin. As long as we do due diligence, deals are there for us.

shops trade in are for people who are
1)lazy
2)not sure where to sell or how to sell
3)need cash really fast
4)if shop give good price for the piece he wants and trade in makes things easier

all usually applicable to older gen.

the new young and tech savvy gen, sell online. can get a couple of hundred more, make a new friend and chat.

i usually chat with the buyers alittle. talk about watches then the deal from 5min quick one to a 30mins talk.

lol gf will kan me why so long, say make friend talk cock lor
 

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2013
Messages
39,884
Reaction score
116
Don't have much experience in visiting shops, only visited a few, but i got to say the guy from bright time that always stand at the door has very good service, i went there 2 times in a row to adjust my links and even though they were very busy he still took the time and helped me first. Also he isn't pushy in recommending the watches.
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
I had good experience with James as well

Don't have much experience in visiting shops, only visited a few, but i got to say the guy from bright time that always stand at the door has very good service, i went there 2 times in a row to adjust my links and even though they were very busy he still took the time and helped me first. Also he isn't pushy in recommending the watches.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top