Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Jemchong93

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
14
It depends if this SA is a manager or higher, his words may have weights..
There is instance that manager can allocate rolex without purchase history..
For me, I have to be comfortable with the SA and I know there are some that are NATO..
Went to Cortina just now, JLC and IWC still there but they already ended their contract. The SA (who is a trainee) said that end of this month they will stop carrying those brands.

I think I'm gonna get a IWC ingenieur from THG and another watch sometime before March for my dad's birthday while waiting for my Rolex allocation. Like bro Pegasus05, I'm just enjoying my watch collecting journey and buying watches that I like. But like bro official_t_atelier said, I'll have to find a SA that I am comfortable with to buy from :)
 

Pegasus05

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2022
Messages
556
Reaction score
239
I do not doubt that you like FM, otherwise you would not have bought it without asking for the bundle deal. I have a feeling your SA trying to smoke you. Since you didn’t ask for the bundle in the beginning, your SA probably feels she can cook up some reasons not to offer you a bundle too. It is well known that people buy FM from Cortina usually gets a bundle deal in return.

I fully agree to buy a watch only if you like and wear. It’s not about thinking of earning, but rather if your SA is taking you for a ride? Anyway at end of the day, if you are happy and doesn’t have any expectations, i guess that’s what matters most.
I do not doubt that you like FM, otherwise you would not have bought it without asking for the bundle deal. I have a feeling your SA trying to smoke you. Since you didn’t ask for the bundle in the beginning, your SA probably feels she can cook up some reasons not to offer you a bundle too. It is well known that people buy FM from Cortina usually gets a bundle deal in return.

I fully agree to buy a watch only if you like and wear. It’s not about thinking of earning, but rather if your SA is taking you for a ride? Anyway at end of the day, if you are happy and doesn’t have any expectations, i guess that’s what matters most.

Damienic bro,

Actually prior to buying FM, I had read in this forum about bundling (but not much info on Cortina as most of us/buyers are tagged to THG). I had also asked my SA about bundling FM to a Rolex (like Daytona or sport to hint). But due to the overwhelming demand in the current market situation, my SA is not able to commit to me in the current market. It make sense to me because, as we all know, the “pre-own” price / mint conditions with newly purchased date is sooo high until recently, It is dropping slowly..

I just hope that like GX84 said, the price will drop until pre Covid or near to pre Covid period, or even a recession where there are discounts for sports models. that is when, personally I think, the requirement would have been changed again, for good or bad, who knows correct?

but during a recession, who would buy a watch when everyone is thinking how to lay food on the table to sub-stain the family… imagine during a very very bad recession, all SA called and says a DJ can bundle a Daytona but 70% of our workforce is currently unemployed (something like that). Even I myself will think thrice whether to buy or not…

ya, so for me, I just buy it and support support my SA 🤭, chat chat sharing session, make new friend, greetings, put my name into the profile to queue (haha)… most importantly happy wife happy life… 🤣🍻

If there is a special allocation to me, I would be happy (maybe I copy the thank you speech from one of the brother here and put it into Google review… 🤣🤣). If it doesn’t have, then never mind. once in awhile, catch up with my SA… will be disappointed a little but not to the extend to bang table… hahaha

SA also need to follow company’s policy and Rolex’s contractually agreements.. I am not carrying their balls but they are a company who keep SA employed/feed their family indirectly, SA are also only employees. But taking a ride is a little too much; be it watch, work or friends, no one like it..

oh ya, thinking about it, maybe my purchase is not high enough for a bundle? 😂🤷🏿‍♂️

we still have lots of important things to do guys, isn’t it??
 
Last edited:

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
Went to Cortina just now, JLC and IWC still there but they already ended their contract. The SA (who is a trainee) said that end of this month they will stop carrying those brands.

I think I'm gonna get a IWC ingenieur from THG and another watch sometime before March for my dad's birthday while waiting for my Rolex allocation. Like bro Pegasus05, I'm just enjoying my watch collecting journey and buying watches that I like. But like bro official_t_atelier said, I'll have to find a SA that I am comfortable with to buy from :)
Oh wow, so JLC and IWC now moving exclusively with THG
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
The last time I spoke with IWC SA, he told me only available in boutique soon. I suspect no longer with thg also..
Wow so now they want to sell direct? Actually I wonder if it is a good idea. Many people go to multi brands boutique to browse, less to a boutique selling just one brand to buy, unless of course in the case of AP, they have a large following and people would go to AP to just buy an AP. Panerai also selling direct it seems these days
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
570
Reaction score
642
Wow so now they want to sell direct? Actually I wonder if it is a good idea. Many people go to multi brands boutique to browse, less to a boutique selling just one brand to buy, unless of course in the case of AP, they have a large following and people would go to AP to just buy an AP. Panerai also selling direct it seems these days
From what I saw couple of weeks ago at Panerai drinking coffee, the shop has quite a lot of customers. More than half looks younger than me.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Wow so now they want to sell direct? Actually I wonder if it is a good idea. Many people go to multi brands boutique to browse, less to a boutique selling just one brand to buy, unless of course in the case of AP, they have a large following and people would go to AP to just buy an AP. Panerai also selling direct it seems these days
They research and direct to customers has a higher number of sales and they can control quantity and discount being thrown out. So you will see lesser on the Grey market (which AD used to clear stocks to)

You think jlc iwc Panerai vc have no followings?
Lol before the Rolex hype. There is the Panerai hype. They started selling above rrp on the Grey market.

And these brands are way cheaper than AP ridiculous retail price. Easier to buy
 

nedenow

Member
Joined
May 22, 2012
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
yes, no waiting. choose what to bundle
get approval, you get the watches 1 shot in a single purchase

THG is buy first, wait for allocation.

may i know what is a reasonable bundle for rolex explorer?

best if bundle with watches that are also my list eg cartier santos/tank, tudor sport models.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Wah, if buying DJ on behalf of friend & sell it at the same price is not allowed too? Cannot be correct?
lol you don't post ok la.
but if they 1 day ask you about it, you better jolly well be able to produce it

sibei cham sia buy from AD
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
may i know what is a reasonable bundle for rolex explorer?

best if bundle with watches that are also my list eg cartier santos/tank, tudor sport models.
explorer? 36mm?
buy grey la. waste time with AD. lol grey price low like sai now
 

raidorz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
8,250
Reaction score
413
They research and direct to customers has a higher number of sales and they can control quantity and discount being thrown out. So you will see lesser on the Grey market (which AD used to clear stocks to)

You think jlc iwc Panerai vc have no followings?
Lol before the Rolex hype. There is the Panerai hype. They started selling above rrp on the Grey market.

And these brands are way cheaper than AP ridiculous retail price. Easier to buy
JLC Rose Gold Polaris Perpetual Calendar and IWC Big Pilot 43mm is on my list hurhur
 

chows99

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
107
My fren bought from Emperor and kena requested to wear his previous purchase to collect his new watch. So flippers beware and pls enjoy ur watches.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
My fren bought from Emperor and kena requested to wear his previous purchase to collect his new watch. So flippers beware and pls enjoy ur watches.
If he has 4-5 previous purchases, which one to wear to collect? Has it to be the most recent one? Or the oldest or somewhere in between is ok?
My SA makes no such request but then I didn’t flip in first place. And also what is definition of flipping? If I have a watch bought from AD for 4-5 years and I needed to sell for some reasons, is like that still considered flipping? Don’t tell me every watch from AD has to be passed down to next generation. Lol
 

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
may i know what is a reasonable bundle for rolex explorer?

best if bundle with watches that are also my list eg cartier santos/tank, tudor sport models.
explorer go grey. it is not a highly sought after watch. dont get into the bundle deal game.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top