Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
570
Reaction score
642
So in your opinion, if you take some non allocation pieces, the allocation for the sport model which you wanted (after the qualifying criteria are met) would be delayed? i wasn’t sure if that would be case. I took one piece (a model which I had indicated in the interest list earlier) which was offered to me one month after I met the “qualifying criteria”. I wasn’t told the allocation for the sports model I wanted would be delayed if I took It. If I had known, maybe I would not have taken it (although it was still a model that I like to own). Anyway let’s see. Was told I can check for updates next month.
which piece was that? So if you did not take, which piece would not be delayed?
 

C4l3b

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
662
Reaction score
318
So in your opinion, if you take some non allocation pieces, the allocation for the sport model which you wanted (after the qualifying criteria are met) would be delayed? i wasn’t sure if that would be case. I took one piece (a model which I had indicated in the interest list earlier) which was offered to me one month after I met the “qualifying criteria”. I wasn’t told the allocation for the sports model I wanted would be delayed if I took It. If I had known, maybe I would not have taken it (although it was still a model that I like to own). Anyway let’s see. Was told I can check for updates next month.
Yes but It’s not my opinion. It’s what our sa told us lol. The rationale is every important customer has to be managed. U can’t have a customer collecting 3-5 watches in a year while the other customer only 0, 1 and 2 for that year given similar spending power and profile
Imagine 2 customer going for that same piece which has limited delivery. Who’s going to get it first? There’s some models that are non allocation but are very popular or low production too. Another example: the customer qualifies and requests for a panda but he took a 2 tone oysterflex daytona earlier in the year. He will have to wait longer.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
Yes but It’s not my opinion. It’s what our sa told us lol. The rationale is every important customer has to be managed. U can’t have a customer collecting 3-5 watches in a year while the other customer only 0, 1 and 2 for that year given similar spending power and profile
Imagine 2 customer going for that same piece which has limited delivery. Who’s going to get it first? There’s some models that are non allocation but are very popular or low production too. Another example: the customer qualifies and requests for a panda but he took a 2 tone oysterflex daytona earlier in the year. He will have to wait longer.
Thanks for sharing. Yep, the explanation is logical and fair. Just something that didn’t come to my mind when it was offered to me. I didn’t ask and she can’t possibly tell me things which was not brought up as a topic each time. The non allocation piece was in my interest list and I just can’t turn it down when it was offered to me. Oh well, I guess delay a few months should be ok, just that I thought it would be nice to get it in Dec 2022, to beat the annual price increase (GST would also be increased in Jan 2023) which normally was imposed by Patek and Rolex and some other brands in month of Jan each year
 
Last edited:

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
which piece was that? So if you did not take, which piece would not be delayed?
I took the 2022 DJ41 Mint Green. I expressed interest after trying it at the boutique in May 2022. Then in Aug, I was offered and it was the first piece that arrived at the boutique I’m with since it’s launch at W&W in April 2022. The piece that might now be delayed is Daytona Panda. Lol 😆
I should say I didn’t regret it even though knowing now there might be a delay. The Mint Green is something I always wanted and I have a soft spot for green watches 😂
 

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
37,940
Reaction score
1,292
Yes but It’s not my opinion. It’s what our sa told us lol. The rationale is every important customer has to be managed. U can’t have a customer collecting 3-5 watches in a year while the other customer only 0, 1 and 2 for that year given similar spending power and profile
Imagine 2 customer going for that same piece which has limited delivery. Who’s going to get it first? There’s some models that are non allocation but are very popular or low production too. Another example: the customer qualifies and requests for a panda but he took a 2 tone oysterflex daytona earlier in the year. He will have to wait longer.

This is true. My SA told me this year I took 4 sports model already… need to pause 😭
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
570
Reaction score
642
I took the 2022 DJ41 Mint Green. I expressed interest after trying it at the boutique in May 2022. Then in Aug, I was offered and it was the first piece that arrived at the boutique I’m with since it’s launch at W&W in April 2022. The piece that might now be delayed is Daytona Panda. Lol 😆
I should say I didn’t regret it even though knowing now there might be a delay. The Mint Green is something I always wanted and I have a soft spot for green watches 😂
Although I am not a fan of DJ but the mint green is a marvellous piece. Guess a little wait longer will not harm too much..Wonder how thg monitor the queueing system?
 

C4l3b

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
662
Reaction score
318
I took the 2022 DJ41 Mint Green. I expressed interest after trying it at the boutique in May 2022. Then in Aug, I was offered and it was the first piece that arrived at the boutique I’m with since it’s launch at W&W in April 2022. The piece that might now be delayed is Daytona Panda. Lol 😆
I should say I didn’t regret it even though knowing now there might be a delay. The Mint Green is something I always wanted and I have a soft spot for green watches 😂
Don’t forget about the aquanaut.. if u take that first, the panda might have to wait longer too.
 

C4l3b

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
662
Reaction score
318
Although I am not a fan of DJ but the mint green is a marvellous piece. Guess a little wait longer will not harm too much..Wonder how thg monitor the queueing system?
There’s no queue system now. Each manager may or may not maintain their own physical list. Thg management will go inside your profile and see when an allocation piece arrives and is
Put up for approval
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
570
Reaction score
642
Don’t forget about the aquanaut.. if u take that first, the panda might have to wait longer too.
Was it last year or earlier, I had been hearing that THG was bundling Hublot with aquanaut? Even my friend asked me what to buy for hublot..did u guys catch wind of it then?
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
570
Reaction score
642
There’s no queue system now. Each manager may or may not maintain their own physical list. Thg management will go inside your profile and see when an allocation piece arrives and is
Put up for approval
I see..it must be quite interesting to know how the managers handle the allocations internally..
 

Jemchong93

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
14
I see..it must be quite interesting to know how the managers handle the allocations internally..
Spoke to a SA as I wanted to buy iwc ingeniour or zenith defy skyline. Asked him how to get allocated and he said for dj can just put my name down even though i said i have no purchase history. Also said it should be less than a year wait which tbh i didnt believe.
Kind of makes me feel that he just wants to shoo me away so i didnt buy anything in the end
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
It’s more assuring at Cortina but outlay is huge.

They sell bundle 1 shot - at least that happened to me early this year 😅
yes, no waiting. choose what to bundle
get approval, you get the watches 1 shot in a single purchase

THG is buy first, wait for allocation.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Yes but It’s not my opinion. It’s what our sa told us lol. The rationale is every important customer has to be managed. U can’t have a customer collecting 3-5 watches in a year while the other customer only 0, 1 and 2 for that year given similar spending power and profile
Imagine 2 customer going for that same piece which has limited delivery. Who’s going to get it first? There’s some models that are non allocation but are very popular or low production too. Another example: the customer qualifies and requests for a panda but he took a 2 tone oysterflex daytona earlier in the year. He will have to wait longer.
2 tone oysterflex daytona? new model? lolol

it's either 2 tone daytona or oysteflex gold daytona.

so far no steel or two tone oysterflex models..... yet
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
Don’t forget about the aquanaut.. if u take that first, the panda might have to wait longer too.
Yep, I’m aware of that. i told her I’m fine whichever piece comes first, Panda or Aquanaut. I have no specific preference on the allocation order between these 2. I guess whichever comes first, the next would be at least another 6 months wait.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
Was it last year or earlier, I had been hearing that THG was bundling Hublot with aquanaut? Even my friend asked me what to buy for hublot..did u guys catch wind of it then?
No, you can’t bundle a non Patek model for an Aquanaut. They would bundle Hublot for Rolex.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
Although I am not a fan of DJ but the mint green is a marvellous piece. Guess a little wait longer will not harm too much..Wonder how thg monitor the queueing system?
Yep i have no specific interest in DJ but the mint green is the only one I keen on. Its no longer a queueing system in THG as confirmed by one of us above.
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
570
Reaction score
642
Spoke to a SA as I wanted to buy iwc ingeniour or zenith defy skyline. Asked him how to get allocated and he said for dj can just put my name down even though i said i have no purchase history. Also said it should be less than a year wait which tbh i didnt believe.
Kind of makes me feel that he just wants to shoo me away so i didnt buy anything in the end
It depends if this SA is a manager or higher, his words may have weights..
There is instance that manager can allocate rolex without purchase history..
For me, I have to be comfortable with the SA and I know there are some that are NATO..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top