Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
Looking to purchase my first rolex off the second hand market. A sub or GMT master II. anyone can PM me any reputable shops please

Sgroc buy from direct seller. Seriously no diff if u buy from shop or seller. When one trades in to shop, they never check its authenticity too, as long serial number matches the watch, they take.
 

2359_hrs

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,872
Reaction score
41
Any reason why there's a flood of discontinued black GMT in the secondary market?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT
 

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
14,234
Reaction score
2,202
Any reason why there's a flood of discontinued black GMT in the secondary market?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

tis model has notch been wanted all along in teh past when plentiful....suddenly everyone wanted one when discontinued of cos teh flipper market and hype die down

juz rike teh black sub....every tomdick Harry has 1 and when it was readily displayed no1 want to buy....now everyone wants 1 bcos going to discontinue
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,432
Reaction score
4,163
Last edited:

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Hello all,

Am considering an Explorer I or II, is there a particular AD that is preferred by you?

Thanks!
 

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,370
Reaction score
537
Any reason why there's a flood of discontinued black GMT in the secondary market?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

last time when its easily available, not many people fancy it. :s13:
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,432
Reaction score
4,163

allrise84

Suspended
Joined
Jun 21, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
1
discon is movement wise la... watch still same except use diff movement..so therefore... it's ' discon ' ..
it's an open secret from every watch trade..
 

LordKuroda

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
2,208
Reaction score
20
Doesn’t make sense to me for the sub prices to go up now tho, since the design will most likely remain with an updated movement.

While it makes sense for the hulk on the other hand, if they are coming up with a full gold version of the hulk instead.
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
discon is movement wise la... watch still same except use diff movement..so therefore... it's ' discon ' ..
it's an open secret from every watch trade..

Wah... best time to buy sub now and hold on until discontinued then flip higher than the new submariner with the new higher power reserve movement. Maybe Submariner with Jubilee bracelet. :eek:

A Classic case of Batman vs Batgirl, no one wants batgirl, all willing to pay premium for batman.
 

allrise84

Suspended
Joined
Jun 21, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
1
Wah... best time to buy sub now and hold on until discontinued then flip higher than the new submariner with the new higher power reserve movement. Maybe Submariner with Jubilee bracelet. :eek:

A Classic case of Batman vs Batgirl, no one wants batgirl, all willing to pay premium for batman.


sub wun change its appearance.. it's their classic sport model and poster boy image.. you see every customer first thing walk is to ask got Sub / Daytona anot.. then spare tyre GMT will come into their mind if both is unavailable.
 

Godzila

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
376
Reaction score
9
Can check w the gurus here on the price of TT 116503 daytona with diamonds in the grey market.

TIA
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
I can't advice on the 116503 but I can advice on the 116523 White with diamond dial, I got it for $14,300 at pawnshop la, this is after discount and payment by Cash. I think their sticker pricing was around $19-18k?

Point is, just whack on what you want to pay and not be deterred by the sticker price they put. They prefer cash btw for pawnshop...
 

yeswecan

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
74
Decided to purchase a Rolex and I'm stuck in a dilemma between a Submariner (with Date) and an Explorer 2. Both are beautiful in its own way and I have try both on my wrist and I still cannot decide. I'm sure years down the road, I will want to own both of them. But right now, needing to choose 1, which one should I go for?
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
Decided to purchase a Rolex and I'm stuck in a dilemma between a Submariner (with Date) and an Explorer 2. Both are beautiful in its own way and I have try both on my wrist and I still cannot decide. I'm sure years down the road, I will want to own both of them. But right now, needing to choose 1, which one should I go for?
Since you have no intentions of selling them, and you like them both equally, there’s really no right or wrong answer.

Choose the Sub for better resale value, better water resistance, and maybe better perceived status.

Choose the Explorer 2 if you like a bigger watch and value a second time zone.
 
Last edited:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Decided to purchase a Rolex and I'm stuck in a dilemma between a Submariner (with Date) and an Explorer 2. Both are beautiful in its own way and I have try both on my wrist and I still cannot decide. I'm sure years down the road, I will want to own both of them. But right now, needing to choose 1, which one should I go for?

Both are quite diff if u ask people into the Rolex sports models.. or may be viewed as not much diff for people who just view Rolex as Rolex..

Wahjoreno gave some good objective considerations but ultimately decision should be a matter of what u like best... good luck!
 

Godzila

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
376
Reaction score
9
I can't advice on the 116503 but I can advice on the 116523 White with diamond dial, I got it for $14,300 at pawnshop la, this is after discount and payment by Cash. I think their sticker pricing was around $19-18k?

Point is, just whack on what you want to pay and not be deterred by the sticker price they put. They prefer cash btw for pawnshop...




do they come w papers ?
Thanks
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top