Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Bloodcrave

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
894
Reaction score
202
that's basically what i did when i realized i have oyster bracelet, oysterflex and then president bracelet
decided to get a jubilee bracelet and now i have the 4 types

oyster bracelet was a gift from my dad, oysterflex was his last watch he bought before he passed away and i told our mom i want that one
president and jubilee were watches that i bought by myself (vintage and neo vintage)
 

Mukamuka

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
153
Reaction score
83
Anybody collecting Rolex watches by having one of each bracelet type?
For me I try to get the favourite of each model, if duplicated models (eg. GMT batman+pepsi) then i would opt for the other bracelet variant of what I don't have.
 

sirf3r

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
15
that's basically what i did when i realized i have oyster bracelet, oysterflex and then president bracelet
decided to get a jubilee bracelet and now i have the 4 types

oyster bracelet was a gift from my dad, oysterflex was his last watch he bought before he passed away and i told our mom i want that one
president and jubilee were watches that i bought by myself (vintage and neo vintage)
Nice! I have oyster,president and recently gotten one with jubilee.. missing oysterflex though..
 

sirf3r

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
15
For me I try to get the favourite of each model, if duplicated models (eg. GMT batman+pepsi) then i would opt for the other bracelet variant of what I don't have.
I see. So you have multiple watches from the same family?
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Anybody collecting Rolex watches by having one of each bracelet type?
Wasn’t the original intention in mind, but I might wanna do it since I wanted a Daydate anyway, and if I do get one, then I will only be missing the Oysterflex
 

sirf3r

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
15
Wasn’t the original intention in mind, but I might wanna do it since I wanted a Daydate anyway, and if I do get one, then I will only be missing the Oysterflex
I am missing the oysterflex also... Not sure if I wanna get one.
 

Bloodcrave

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
894
Reaction score
202
as someone who at 1st made fun of my father who bought the oysterflex yachtmaster
it's actually pretty comfortable, has good airflow in its design
 

sirf3r

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
15
as someone who at 1st made fun of my father who bought the oysterflex yachtmaster
it's actually pretty comfortable, has good airflow in its design
The problem is the sizing of the rubber strap. If getting pre owned pieces, might not be able to fit and those oysterflex straps are not readily available also
 

TeachMeSenpai

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
6
Long time lurker. To all you newbies who are trying to get into Rolex - just go grey if are looking for 1-2 pieces (it’s likely a Sub/GMT anyways just like everyone else. You are probably not a real watch enthusiast and will have a miserable time building your mileage at any AD because you'd hate every purchase before your Sub/GMT, provided if it ever comes).

Otherwise you'd just be like this Singaporean dude on Reddit - Lkknicholas (just search "Reddit Lkknicholas")

Purchased 4 random watches so far that the AD threw at him just to "build" his profile, while at the side constantly posting on reddit to get validation on his purchase (talks about the 2 Tudor he bought/mentally sold himself that buying the lady DJ is the right choice because "happy wife happy life"/asking if Explorer is "worth" buying"). Clearly he didn’t wanted/liked any of it.

Save yourself time/face/money and go grey unless you are interested to work in a circus.
 
Last edited:

Pegasus05

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2022
Messages
556
Reaction score
239
hi bros, where do you all buy your 1st sport rolex at?
I would prefer to buy my first sports Rolex (or all Rolex sports model) from AD.

on the other hand, the demand from consumer to AD is too high and ADs are unable to allocate sports models to them.
If consumers willing to support other brands under AD, AD “may” assist to allocate a sports model for you..

let’s think in business point of view.. if you support me, I’ll support you… they have overheads to take care too..

do not expect to purchase a cheap non Rolex brand and expect a high end sports model allocated to you too; It’s like, you need to study a lot / well in order to score well; in this case, purchase a lot / “well” of non Rolex watches in order to stand a good chance to get allocated a good Rolex sports model by AD..

just my two cents of view.. you can decide which way you would like to go…

TGIF!!!! Happy Rolexing!!!
 
Last edited:

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
hi bros, where do you all buy your 1st sport rolex at?
Bought my 1st sports Rolex from AD at that time when it is cheaper to buy from grey.
But if you ask me, right now it is a lot more difficult to start “brand new watch journey” with an AD compared to what it was 5-6 years ago. It really depends on what you are after.
 

watchlouver99

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
59
Reaction score
28
hi bros, where do you all buy your 1st sport rolex at?
If you just want one sport model (or a very coveted model eg. steel daytona) 'just go grey. However, if you want a datejust (non coveted range) for yourself and your wife/gf....you can than get a sport model with some wait
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top