Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
86
Actually also curious. What’s the thumb of rule for servicing?
Actually there is no really a rule based on what I read online. But depending on the wrist time, if it's a daily beat, maybe 5 yrs. If we rotate watches, maybe 7-10 years.

Today I just sent in my Ball Watch for servicing. It has been 11 years since the last servicing. The technician told me the movement condition is quite bad. He also did recommend to bring servicing around 5 years to ensure the movement in good health.
 

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
46,195
Reaction score
5,985
All the watch gurus here, need your advice here.

Recently got offered a Rolex piece overseas which I bought as I was finally offered after 6 boutiques.

Now that I am back, I am thinking of trying my luck to acquire another Rolex from the ADs here. I have put my name in the interest list for a few classic and professional models across the different ADs.

Would any of you here recommend going to the AD every few weeks to chitchat with the staff and to maintain rapport even though there is nothing for purchase? Will they remember your face and that you are a really interested customer since I go almost every few weeks? I feel like I should be able to make my first move to be offered something to buy so to finally have an open customer-business relationship. I have done my research on the watches before heading down to the ADs so as not to sound like a total noob who does not know anything about Rolex.

I asked this because I went to the same AD 3 weeks apart and the person who initially served me does not remember me anymore as he did not give me his namecard.
The only rapport you can build is through purchase history.
 

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
86
Sigh last Sunday took out my explorer 2 and tried to wind it. I can’t wind, very strong resistance. Guess it’s time for servicing. It’s has been 11 yrs since I bought it
 

potato13

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
1,279
I don't see the point in buying such expensive watches.
diff ppl. diff point. diff view..

Some buy expensive car, some buy cheap car. some dont buy car.
Its okay to not see the point of others, but what is your point of the statement? Or its a question?
Trying to understand why some ppl like luxury watches?
 
Last edited:

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Sigh last Sunday took out my explorer 2 and tried to wind it. I can’t wind, very strong resistance. Guess it’s time for servicing. It’s has been 11 yrs since I bought it
My friend had the same problem with his vintage Rootbeer. Then we happen to visit our SA together and SA helped him resolve the issue. It does work ok but if the watch hasn’t been serviced for a long time, it’s ok to send for servicing too
 

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
86
My friend had the same problem with his vintage Rootbeer. Then we happen to visit our SA together and SA helped him resolve the issue. It does work ok but if the watch hasn’t been serviced for a long time, it’s ok to send for servicing too
Yes. I just shake abit and the watch started to run. Waited for 4 hours and tried to wind again. The resistance is lesser.

Tonight I will try again, hopefully it’s smooth.
Don’t really want to send for servicing, waste time waste money lol
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
I don't see the point in buying such expensive watches.
I hold the same view back in 2010 and before. Then got my first Rolex in 2015 and since 2019 till now, my view about buying luxury watches changes completely. I would be more willing to spend on watches these days than on a car 🤣.
Once you get into it, you will change your stance completely
 

Bloodcrave

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
893
Reaction score
202
i see quite a few passive aggressiveness here aimed at ckunjie
to be frank, when i was growing up i also felt that luxury watches are stupid
now i have a few :devilish:
 

chromeIT

Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2019
Messages
101
Reaction score
26
Casio army watch felt too basic
Apple watch keep spoiling after few years
Seiko bracelet too lousy compared to swiss
swiss some brand not much recognition
Rolex....
 

Leonard_Ong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
11
One telegram group wrote that the price will increase tomorrow (1st June), business must be good to have two price increases in half a year.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top