Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
Nowadays Overseas AD also many pattern. I came across ask you spend 50K they will take out a stainless steel model.

Sometimes buy liao they wanna keep white tag say return to HQ, stickers all take out. Some the white cover for the box also don't give. It's all to prevent a 'full package' to resell I think.
 

highwind85

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2014
Messages
48
Reaction score
7
Nowadays Overseas AD also many pattern. I came across ask you spend 50K they will take out a stainless steel model.

Sometimes buy liao they wanna keep white tag say return to HQ, stickers all take out. Some the white cover for the box also don't give. It's all to prevent a 'full package' to resell I think.
Interesting. Frankly speaking, do the ADs really care whether the watches were resold and if they are sold at full package?

To me, it feels like the ADs (especially multibrand ones) is making use of Rolex allocation to drive up their overall sales through bundling. And this is made possible by the high resale price in the grey market. ADs would still be the biggest beneficiary from the high price in grey market.
 

DreamOnzzz

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2024
Messages
32
Reaction score
6
i go n collect and my AD spend a good few mins to take off every single protection stickers. Then he bundled together like a ball, place it in front of the box, with watch, card, booklets , green + white tag and then take pix.
I wanted to tell him, can u use my phone to take one such pix too? hahaa
 

highwind85

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2014
Messages
48
Reaction score
7

xiahjunsu87

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Hi, no offence for asking something that i don’t know.

My friend used my CC to purchase omega speedmaster moonwatch at cortina watch. Do I stand any chance for allocation of Rolex sport series like gmt?
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
do RSC still giving green pouch even for just doing resizing?
I resized mine in June, and I was given the green pouch. Just ask them to apply Locktite after adjusting. They should advise you to not wear your watch for 2 hours. They might give you a pouch to keep your watch.
 

Evil_Boss

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
48,757
Reaction score
18,877
Nowadays Overseas AD also many pattern. I came across ask you spend 50K they will take out a stainless steel model.

Sometimes buy liao they wanna keep white tag say return to HQ, stickers all take out. Some the white cover for the box also don't give. It's all to prevent a 'full package' to resell I think.

Cannot, white tag is a must. When I bought mine from Carousell I insist must have white tag to make sure it’s the og dial

I resized my grey market DJ last year at Rolex Boutique at Raffles Hotel.

Got the "where did you buy the watch" question before the staff resized for me.

How come? Uhhh isn’t DJ quite easily available? Is yours a special one?

Anyway my watch inside got one scratching sound. I think it’s the rotor plate inside scratching around. Anyone got this problem,
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top