Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

lanky_al

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
841
Reaction score
318
Hi enthusiasts, thinking of buying a rolex this year, but want to get overseas to get tax refund and avoid gst. Tiagong Japan can get good prices. Anyone here got experience or advice on which country can get best value? Keen on first hand only. Haven’t decided on model.
Was in Japan recently. The Rolex grey prices seemed to be higher than local grey prices after tax refund. The good deals to be found are for other brands instead.

The Rolex AD’s display still have the exhibition only tags. Did not bother to step in at all.
 

j4jersey.

Master Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
4,446
Reaction score
1,258
Seems like backlog is clearing,
First and Last purchase at AD is during 2020, which is like a 5K value only.
Finally my turn to get called up for a sports model
 

elewennn

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I’m first time buyer for Rolex is watch exchange a good gray to go to? Is there a need to find services after to check if the watch is real ? I’ve never bought any watches second hand / from grays before . Can someone please advise?
 

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
19,730
Reaction score
3,344
I’m first time buyer for Rolex is watch exchange a good gray to go to? Is there a need to find services after to check if the watch is real ? I’ve never bought any watches second hand / from grays before . Can someone please advise?
If it's a reputable grey locally, not really necessary to authenticate. U can ask them to show u what they look out for.

Unless it's a private seller.

Anyways it's around 50-80 to authenticate outside if u really want that second opinion for a peace of mind.
 

derkaiser94

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
1,482
Reaction score
514
I’m first time buyer for Rolex is watch exchange a good gray to go to? Is there a need to find services after to check if the watch is real ? I’ve never bought any watches second hand / from grays before . Can someone please advise?
Open case back later Rolex don’t honour the warranty.
 

elewennn

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
If it's a reputable grey locally, not really necessary to authenticate. U can ask them to show u what they look out for.

Unless it's a private seller.

Anyways it's around 50-80 to authenticate outside if u really want that second opinion for a peace of mind.

Oh will grays let you view/try watches before buying or its generally frowned upon?
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
642
I’m first time buyer for Rolex is watch exchange a good gray to go to? Is there a need to find services after to check if the watch is real ? I’ve never bought any watches second hand / from grays before . Can someone please advise?
So far my dealings with them have been pleasant and pleased with their professionalism.
After purchase, you can always go back to RSC to check indirectly such as resizing, time check, calibration etc
 

RisingMelon

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
58
Reaction score
7
datejust secondhand wont move despite repeated winding, anyone who had similar issue and send to repair?
 

BurNIng

Master Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2014
Messages
2,707
Reaction score
9
Anyone has any idea if I'll need to waitlist for a two-tone Bluesy? Aware that grey is lower than RRP, but just curious. Thanks!
 

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
38,552
Reaction score
2,169
Anyone has any idea if I'll need to waitlist for a two-tone Bluesy? Aware that grey is lower than RRP, but just curious. Thanks!
AD confirm will say yes, but leave your name I think will get call not too long.

Two tone easiest, followed by solid gold (except platinum Daytona).
 

zephxion

Banned
Joined
Jul 28, 2015
Messages
4,531
Reaction score
3,126
Asking experienced bros, if I just want to get a gmt master II, am I just better off going straight to grey market or still try my luck with AD?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top