Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
Very chor, even a model like the diver is selling at over 40k and my friend already spent 80k on two Divers (first piece should be before the latest price increase).
Yes, that is the only diver I think is worth considering. My friend bought 2 watches $130k then got his RO. All before the increase, at least his SA got a bit of heart..
The other friend bought his diver after increase as a new customer..
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Yes, that is the only diver I think is worth considering. My friend bought 2 watches $130k then got his RO. All before the increase, at least his SA got a bit of heart..
The other friend bought his diver after increase as a new customer..
130k of purchase before can get RO? It’s really a bit too much 😥
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
haha 130k can be better invested but maybe he is very loaded so it does not matter
I told my friend that if his goal is RO, not worth it to go through this route as prices have been dropping..anyway whether AD or GD, as long as the person is happy..
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I told my friend that if his goal is RO, not worth it to go through this route as prices have been dropping..anyway whether AD or GD, as long as the person is happy..
There's perks buying from boutique. Once you have a record. Time to time they will offer you good stuff.
But once you flip it. Gg
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
There's perks buying from boutique. Once you have a record. Time to time they will offer you good stuff.
But once you flip it. Gg
That is, if you have deep pocket to keep supporting to enrich them..At the end of the day, it is their game to maximise their profits..but it is quite absurd that you can't sell whenever you want..wonder who is really the customer..
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
That is, if you have deep pocket to keep supporting to enrich them..At the end of the day, it is their game to maximise their profits..but it is quite absurd that you can't sell whenever you want..wonder who is really the customer..
I feel it's quite irritating too. What if I buy and I don't like it after awhile?
I think can offload to friends or what lor.
But not everyone have 40k lying around for a watch. Pretty annoying. Ap boutique game is for loaded people.
1 year but twice already buay tahan
 

spurman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
2,424
Reaction score
122
I feel it's quite irritating too. What if I buy and I don't like it after awhile?
I think can offload to friends or what lor.
But not everyone have 40k lying around for a watch. Pretty annoying. Ap boutique game is for loaded people.
1 year but twice already buay tahan
Relax.

Once you cool down and you have aquired what you really like. Unless u die die want a pepsi. A naultilis lor.

I have entered the cool period leow after aquiring my grail speedy apollo 17th 50anni... now with my 2 sd43 ss and 2t plus my fav longines spirit and trimed down my collections afterwards, i absoultely love these 4 grails. Absolutely in no rush to get another rolex unless its a op41 green or a 2t wimbledon or a explorer 1.

Maybe the passion for aquiring new pieces has waned.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Relax.

Once you cool down and you have aquired what you really like. Unless u die die want a pepsi. A naultilis lor.

I have entered the cool period leow after aquiring my grail speedy apollo 17th 50anni... now with my 2 sd43 ss and 2t plus my fav longines spirit and trimed down my collections afterwards, i absoultely love these 4 grails. Absolutely in no rush to get another rolex unless its a op41 green or a 2t wimbledon or a explorer 1.

Maybe the passion for aquiring new pieces has waned.
Lol. It's never ending.
No peace
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Relax.

Once you cool down and you have aquired what you really like. Unless u die die want a pepsi. A naultilis lor.

I have entered the cool period leow after aquiring my grail speedy apollo 17th 50anni... now with my 2 sd43 ss and 2t plus my fav longines spirit and trimed down my collections afterwards, i absoultely love these 4 grails. Absolutely in no rush to get another rolex unless its a op41 green or a 2t wimbledon or a explorer 1.

Maybe the passion for aquiring new pieces has waned.
Your passion for acquiring the new pieces will come back later.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
i have gotten everything i wanted, but yet i want more. lol

when you stop, means you got bored of the hobby liao.

side note, i sold my Rose Gold AP RO and downgraded to a steel RO. RG really very hard to find occasion to wear lol
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
i have gotten everything i wanted, but yet i want more. lol

when you stop, means you got bored of the hobby liao.

side note, i sold my Rose Gold AP RO and downgraded to a steel RO. RG really very hard to find occasion to wear lol
Totally agree. It’s a bit like having something to look forward to after you work so hard during the year. I haven’t got any full gold model yet. Hoping of getting one piece of either RG Daytona or RG Rootbeer maybe in another 2-3 years from now and I’ll be very happy. Just one piece in full precious metal will be enough. The rest will be SS pieces. 🤗
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Totally agree. It’s a bit like having something to look forward to after you work so hard during the year. I haven’t got any full gold model yet. Hoping of getting one piece of either RG Daytona or RG Rootbeer maybe in another 2-3 years from now and I’ll be very happy. Just one piece in full precious metal will be enough. The rest will be SS pieces. 🤗
both you mentioned, both i had before. nothing special. wear already, few months sian liao.
i now prefer white gold, under the radar + still retain the heft.

platinum same but cannot afford now
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
Totally agree. It’s a bit like having something to look forward to after you work so hard during the year. I haven’t got any full gold model yet. Hoping of getting one piece of either RG Daytona or RG Rootbeer maybe in another 2-3 years from now and I’ll be very happy. Just one piece in full precious metal will be enough. The rest will be SS pieces. 🤗
Everytime outwardly said enough when I bought this and that. Once achieved, satisfised for a moment but down the road saw my friends have this and that then it restarted again..this one got no cure yet..
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
both you mentioned, both i had before. nothing special. wear already, few months sian liao.
i now prefer white gold, under the radar + still retain the heft.

platinum same but cannot afford now
I started with mainly white gold, enjoyed the weight on the wrist yet not so blink. Recently, I am gearing toward rose gold after making my 1st purchase. Maybe age is really catching up so need some blinks to cover up the old man spots..
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
both you mentioned, both i had before. nothing special. wear already, few months sian liao.
i now prefer white gold, under the radar + still retain the heft.

platinum same but cannot afford now
Huh you so easily “sian” of it one ah
I think i will be easily contented one. Just one of these and I will be very happy. Haha
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top