Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,873
Reaction score
5,204
Noob question

Is it possible to go back to Rolex to ask them to "update" my dial of my GMT II black from the green lume to the blue one? Hahah
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Noob question

Is it possible to go back to Rolex to ask them to "update" my dial of my GMT II black from the green lume to the blue one? Hahah
can, ask you to service and charge you for the new dial, old dial won't be returned back to you
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Congratulations I prefer the 12 over the 11 due to the metal ring around the bezel. Good buy 👍🏻
Thank you 老板。😊I did honestly prefer the 12 over the 11 too, one reason was same as yours and second reason was the slimmer sub dials. But seems like from sentiments on the ground, more prefer the 11 over the 12.
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,873
Reaction score
5,204
can, ask you to service and charge you for the new dial, old dial won't be returned back to you
It's okay, I don't intend to sell and just wear myself

Quite gian the new blue illum haha

But my friend said as long as Rolex still got the green lume dial, they will only replace with a new green illum dial and won't change to the blue one - true or not?
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
It's okay, I don't intend to sell and just wear myself

Quite gian the new blue illum haha

But my friend said as long as Rolex still got the green lume dial, they will only replace with a new green illum dial and won't change to the blue one - true or not?
call and ask lor.
 

m1m_tw1

Junior Member
Joined
May 19, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
All the watch gurus here, need your advice here.

Recently got offered a Rolex piece overseas which I bought as I was finally offered after 6 boutiques.

Now that I am back, I am thinking of trying my luck to acquire another Rolex from the ADs here. I have put my name in the interest list for a few classic and professional models across the different ADs.

Would any of you here recommend going to the AD every few weeks to chitchat with the staff and to maintain rapport even though there is nothing for purchase? Will they remember your face and that you are a really interested customer since I go almost every few weeks? I feel like I should be able to make my first move to be offered something to buy so to finally have an open customer-business relationship. I have done my research on the watches before heading down to the ADs so as not to sound like a total noob who does not know anything about Rolex.

I asked this because I went to the same AD 3 weeks apart and the person who initially served me does not remember me anymore as he did not give me his namecard.
 

red_devilz

Master Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
4,747
Reaction score
245
All the watch gurus here, need your advice here.

Recently got offered a Rolex piece overseas which I bought as I was finally offered after 6 boutiques.

Now that I am back, I am thinking of trying my luck to acquire another Rolex from the ADs here. I have put my name in the interest list for a few classic and professional models across the different ADs.

Would any of you here recommend going to the AD every few weeks to chitchat with the staff and to maintain rapport even though there is nothing for purchase? Will they remember your face and that you are a really interested customer since I go almost every few weeks? I feel like I should be able to make my first move to be offered something to buy so to finally have an open customer-business relationship. I have done my research on the watches before heading down to the ADs so as not to sound like a total noob who does not know anything about Rolex.

I asked this because I went to the same AD 3 weeks apart and the person who initially served me does not remember me anymore as he did not give me his namecard.
Why bother begging AD's like a dog when you can just stroll into Grey and buy like a king! The premium isn't that high anyway these days. Groveling for a luxury watch just seems a bit ironic to me.
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,432
Reaction score
4,163
All the watch gurus here, need your advice here.

Recently got offered a Rolex piece overseas which I bought as I was finally offered after 6 boutiques.

Now that I am back, I am thinking of trying my luck to acquire another Rolex from the ADs here. I have put my name in the interest list for a few classic and professional models across the different ADs.

Would any of you here recommend going to the AD every few weeks to chitchat with the staff and to maintain rapport even though there is nothing for purchase? Will they remember your face and that you are a really interested customer since I go almost every few weeks? I feel like I should be able to make my first move to be offered something to buy so to finally have an open customer-business relationship. I have done my research on the watches before heading down to the ADs so as not to sound like a total noob who does not know anything about Rolex.

I asked this because I went to the same AD 3 weeks apart and the person who initially served me does not remember me anymore as he did not give me his namecard.
I left my contact at 1 AD for gmt/sub, the person say will contact me once got stock, that was 6-7 years ago, not a single call. I wearing my 2nd Rolex already. Lol, what you think leh? You want go there keep showing face, also paiseh, unless you willing to buy a bunch of watches la.
 

bluebanana9633

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Journey with an AD only if you’re genuinely interested in other brands of watches that the AD offer as well and start from those.

Everyday dozens of customers walk in to enquire on Rolex. They will remember your face meh 😂
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
All the watch gurus here, need your advice here.

Recently got offered a Rolex piece overseas which I bought as I was finally offered after 6 boutiques.

Now that I am back, I am thinking of trying my luck to acquire another Rolex from the ADs here. I have put my name in the interest list for a few classic and professional models across the different ADs.

Would any of you here recommend going to the AD every few weeks to chitchat with the staff and to maintain rapport even though there is nothing for purchase? Will they remember your face and that you are a really interested customer since I go almost every few weeks? I feel like I should be able to make my first move to be offered something to buy so to finally have an open customer-business relationship. I have done my research on the watches before heading down to the ADs so as not to sound like a total noob who does not know anything about Rolex.

I asked this because I went to the same AD 3 weeks apart and the person who initially served me does not remember me anymore as he did not give me his namecard.
I seriously dunno how to advise you. I would say that visiting AD every few weeks for chit chatting works only if the relationship evolves to a level where both parties feels at ease / comfortable enough with each other such that the regular catch ups comes very naturally. Otherwise there might even be a certain level of awkwardness when you see your SA. The relationship should feel natural and not just because you heard that visiting AD every now and then works in building rapport. It doesn’t necessarily work that way. Not sure if you get what I mean
 

watchlouver99

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
59
Reaction score
28
All the watch gurus here, need your advice here.

Recently got offered a Rolex piece overseas which I bought as I was finally offered after 6 boutiques.

Now that I am back, I am thinking of trying my luck to acquire another Rolex from the ADs here. I have put my name in the interest list for a few classic and professional models across the different ADs.

Would any of you here recommend going to the AD every few weeks to chitchat with the staff and to maintain rapport even though there is nothing for purchase? Will they remember your face and that you are a really interested customer since I go almost every few weeks? I feel like I should be able to make my first move to be offered something to buy so to finally have an open customer-business relationship. I have done my research on the watches before heading down to the ADs so as not to sound like a total noob who does not know anything about Rolex.

I asked this because I went to the same AD 3 weeks apart and the person who initially served me does not remember me anymore as he did not give me his namecard.
May i know what watch you intend to get from your AD? If it’s one of the hot model…. No
Point you visit every few weeks as the decision is that of management and not the SA, even if your SA is the boutique manager they can’t really get approval. However, if you want to start with an easier model like a lady DJ or a two tone DJ than maybe visiting often can allow the SA to remember you ?
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
All the watch gurus here, need your advice here.

Recently got offered a Rolex piece overseas which I bought as I was finally offered after 6 boutiques.

Now that I am back, I am thinking of trying my luck to acquire another Rolex from the ADs here. I have put my name in the interest list for a few classic and professional models across the different ADs.

Would any of you here recommend going to the AD every few weeks to chitchat with the staff and to maintain rapport even though there is nothing for purchase? Will they remember your face and that you are a really interested customer since I go almost every few weeks? I feel like I should be able to make my first move to be offered something to buy so to finally have an open customer-business relationship. I have done my research on the watches before heading down to the ADs so as not to sound like a total noob who does not know anything about Rolex.

I asked this because I went to the same AD 3 weeks apart and the person who initially served me does not remember me anymore as he did not give me his namecard.
lol good luck, all i can say is don't waste your time

m1m_tw1​

Junior Member​

JoinedMay 19, 2024Messages1Reaction score1
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
110
Reaction score
84
All the watch gurus here, need your advice here.

Recently got offered a Rolex piece overseas which I bought as I was finally offered after 6 boutiques.

Now that I am back, I am thinking of trying my luck to acquire another Rolex from the ADs here. I have put my name in the interest list for a few classic and professional models across the different ADs.

Would any of you here recommend going to the AD every few weeks to chitchat with the staff and to maintain rapport even though there is nothing for purchase? Will they remember your face and that you are a really interested customer since I go almost every few weeks? I feel like I should be able to make my first move to be offered something to buy so to finally have an open customer-business relationship. I have done my research on the watches before heading down to the ADs so as not to sound like a total noob who does not know anything about Rolex.

I asked this because I went to the same AD 3 weeks apart and the person who initially served me does not remember me anymore as he did not give me his namecard.
Thanks for your input. Definitely the SA who serve you dun remember you because you dun have the look of Aaron kwok or the like of Tom Brady.

So dun bother to waste time going in to create a conversation or honeycomb them on how much you like the sought after timepiece. The retail culture in Singapore is different.
If I'm the SA, I also call tolong you not to revisit again unless u have the ability to buy the non moving watches to create a first impression. Else kindly make your way to the grey dealership.

Peace out and have a nice day
 

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
37,940
Reaction score
1,289
Cortina & Hour Glass are listed companies and they need to make $$$ to answer shareholders

If everybody wants a Rolex, the other brands cannot move… no $$$ to be made

That’s how it is with the bigger ADs here - go to them if u collect watches

You can try the smaller ones since they don’t carry as many brands 😄
 

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
86
guys , my explorer 2 reaching 10 years now. Wondering if I should send in for general servicing?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top