UOB ONE Account

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,362
Reaction score
216
I called le, was told that my season parking ($120) is not counted as part of the $500 and therefore i am short of $80.xx :(

She said will call me back if she can do something.

Strange, I always thot season parking is okay all along de. :(

$120 season parking I guess is not HDB. Should be counted if others.
 

spiral83

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
1,726
Reaction score
13
I also never get it this time round as the trans date and posting date for my insurance are 29th Apr and 2nd May respectively. Last time I never this problem as long as the trans date is not a public holiday. :(
 

Hcahpepeyy

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2018
Messages
18
Reaction score
4
I also never get it this time round as the trans date and posting date for my insurance are 29th Apr and 2nd May respectively. Last time I never this problem as long as the trans date is not a public holiday. :(
Same. That was so unexpected
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,362
Reaction score
216
Same. That was so unexpected

something fishy, I had a transaction on the 30th at giant supermarket, previously when I spent at supermarket on the last day of the month, it will be posted on the 1st of next month as previous month transaction, but this time the status was still pending and only posted on the 2nd, is it because 1st May is holiday? :s11:
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
something fishy, I had a transaction on the 30th at giant supermarket, previously when I spent at supermarket on the last day of the month, it will be posted on the 1st of next month as previous month transaction, but this time the status was still pending and only posted on the 2nd, is it because 1st May is holiday? :s11:

Yah not surprised no posting on holiday/weekend
 

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
22,634
Reaction score
1,275
something fishy, I had a transaction on the 30th at giant supermarket, previously when I spent at supermarket on the last day of the month, it will be posted on the 1st of next month as previous month transaction, but this time the status was still pending and only posted on the 2nd, is it because 1st May is holiday? :s11:
my 3 giro for cc bills that were due on 2 May where all deducted on 29 Apr. so my May 0 GIRO. GG
 

item2sell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
16,837
Reaction score
6,200
my 3 giro for cc bills that were due on 2 May where all deducted on 29 Apr. so my May 0 GIRO. GG

always have more giros setup.

s&cc is on 28th.
iras prop tax always on 6th (safest but can end before apr).
iras income tax always on 5th (safest, but can end before apr).
sp services.
mobile
broadband
uob1 creditcard
insurance.
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,362
Reaction score
216
always have more giros setup.

s&cc is on 28th.
iras prop tax always on 6th (safest but can end before apr).
iras income tax always on 5th (safest, but can end before apr).
sp services.
mobile
broadband
uob1 creditcard
insurance.

wonder why u put those that can qualify as credit card's spend for rebates and bonus interest as giro, eg, sp services, mobile, broadband, insurance (interest)? unless u can hit $500/$1000/$2000 easily without these, then nothing to say...
 

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
6,830
Reaction score
3,437
wonder why u put those that can qualify as credit card's spend for rebates and bonus interest as giro, eg, sp services, mobile, broadband, insurance (interest)? unless u can hit $500/$1000/$2000 easily without these, then nothing to say...

No harm put more giro. I also put tons of stuff on giro.
As long as you pay before due, the giro will not kick in. Forget to pay before due, giro then kick in .
 

shpesft

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
2
For me
IRAS property tax is 5th
IRAS income tax is 6th

always have more giros setup.

s&cc is on 28th.
iras prop tax always on 6th (safest but can end before apr).
iras income tax always on 5th (safest, but can end before apr).
sp services.
mobile
broadband
uob1 creditcard
insurance.
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,362
Reaction score
216
No harm put more giro. I also put tons of stuff on giro.
As long as you pay before due, the giro will not kick in. Forget to pay before due, giro then kick in .

true, safer to put more. For me, only 1 extra, property tax, but I understand that one only 6 months, so extra buffer for 1st 6 months. But guarding giro deductions one thing, if card spend excluded by the bank u also LL, like for last month, they excluded my online course transaction. Can anyone advise which MCC code online course falls under? (t&cs page 26)

https://www.uob.com.sg/web-resource...condary:cvp_gift:pc-go&vid=purpleclick_google
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
true, safer to put more. For me, only 1 extra, property tax, but I understand that one only 6 months, so extra buffer for 1st 6 months. But guarding giro deductions one thing, if card spend excluded by the bank u also LL, like for last month, they excluded my online course transaction. Can anyone advise which MCC code online course falls under? (t&cs page 26)

https://www.uob.com.sg/web-resource...condary:cvp_gift:pc-go&vid=purpleclick_google

Ask uob for the mcc of the transaction.
 

item2sell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
16,837
Reaction score
6,200
wonder why u put those that can qualify as credit card's spend for rebates and bonus interest as giro, eg, sp services, mobile, broadband, insurance (interest)? unless u can hit $500/$1000/$2000 easily without these, then nothing to say...

I paid them with other credit cards. Left about $11 for it to deduct giro
 

Rusty89

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
2,327
Reaction score
92
Yes. After the revision, OCBC 360 will offer higher interest rate than UOB One Account, provided that you are able to fulfill the required conditions.

I have done some calculations and do some comparison across the 3 accounts. If you include the Step-up Bonus, the interest will be higher than $127.81.

https://theboywhoprocrastinates.blogspot.com/2020/04/revision-of-interest-rates-for-dbs.html

Thanks! The comparison chart between the different banks is really useful :)
 
Joined
May 4, 2020
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Spend at least S$500 on your UOB One Card/selected Cards monthly.
What constitutes as spend?



All Visa and/or Mastercard® transactions successfully posted in the calendar month which also includes:

All Visa and/or Mastercard retail spend on your card.
Recurring payments which covers your insurance premiums charged to your card.
Selected Cards include UOB Lady's Card+, UOB YOLO, UOB One Debit Mastercard* and UOB One Debit Visa Card* and Mighty FX Debit Card

Quick qn - can I use a UOB debit card instead of a credit card for the card spend to maximize the interest?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Spend at least S$500 on your UOB One Card/selected Cards monthly.
What constitutes as spend?



All Visa and/or Mastercard® transactions successfully posted in the calendar month which also includes:

All Visa and/or Mastercard retail spend on your card.
Recurring payments which covers your insurance premiums charged to your card.
Selected Cards include UOB Lady's Card+, UOB YOLO, UOB One Debit Mastercard* and UOB One Debit Visa Card* and Mighty FX Debit Card

Quick qn - can I use a UOB debit card instead of a credit card for the card spend to maximize the interest?

You can use selected debit card as listed, but do that only if you cannot get a credit card to get higher rebate also. Note that same set of exclusions applies regardless credit or debit card.
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 4, 2020
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
You can use selected debit card as listed, but do that only if you cannot get a credit card to get higher rebate also. Note that same set of exclusions applies regardless credit or debit card.

Hi Trazora thank you for the fast revert. Can I just use debit card for the spend even though I can get the credit card from UOB as I have DBS and CITI cards already. Don’t really like to use too many
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top