badsector
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Mar 10, 2001
- Messages
- 6,521
- Reaction score
- 57
When does the bonus interest for UOB One account usually gets credit in?
2nd working day. it's credited now.
When does the bonus interest for UOB One account usually gets credit in?
Still rubbish rate, even their own FD is 2.6% now. The 100k with all the nonsense EIR only 2.145%.their customer service (phone) is really bad these days. they don't even sound local if you managed to speak to one...
am still waiting for their call back since the request yesterday morning.
their latest increase is not that bad if you don't mind crediting your salary and parking $100k with them.
to me it's easier than DBS multiplier... which needs to clock so many different things to get 1.9% for $100k.Still rubbish rate, even their own FD is 2.6% now. The 100k with all the nonsense EIR only 2.145%.
Avoid spending towards end of the month in order to meet the min spend, I believe most had gone thru this 'hard lesson' before. The 'posted dates' will either fall within the same month or carry over if transactions done on the last 2 or even last 3 days, especially if its weekend or PH, and their reply will always be due to merchants, nothing to do with the bank.Just found out another misinformation given by the bank counter staff. I asked if the spend tracker would take into account the payments I had made on 30 and 31 Aug since they were done in August but the payments were ‘Pending’ on the transaction history. The guy said they were counted since the spending was done in August. I just realised they are not counted for August. Instead, my 30 and 31 August are counted towards September spending.
So my August Paywave spending only fell short by $10 and I missed my interest.
Never met a bank as lousy as UOB.
I only knew that spending via NETS do not count towards the spend in the last few days and about $200 of my Paywave transactions also didn’t seem to go through until I went to ask UOB repeatedly. So I wasn’t able to track exactly how much I had to spend to make up the $500. I didn’t want to go out and spend $300 on things I didn’t need when I didn’t even know if the transactions would go through, just to earn the interest. And I was being put on a wild goose chase when I asked for someone to answer my queries.Avoid spending towards end of the month in order to meet the min spend, I believe most had gone thru this 'hard lesson' before. The 'posted dates' will either fall within the same month or carry over if transactions done on the last 2 or even last 3 days, especially if its weekend or PH, and their reply will always be due to merchants, nothing to do with the bank.
Did i miss something for the RHB one? the EIR for the 1st 75K is just 1.23%...Now RHB High Yield and CIMB Fastsaver so easy and high interest, why people still stuck at accounts that require so much loops and category de.
https://rhbgroup.com.sg/rhbDid i miss something for the RHB one? the EIR for the 1st 75K is just 1.23%...
Because these banks don’t have atms and branches all over the island? There are times when you still need cash and liquidity.Now RHB High Yield and CIMB Fastsaver so easy and high interest, why people still stuck at accounts that require so much loops and category de.
well i got min $500 in 1 of the popular bank, the rest can go earn for more rates, but up to youBecause these banks don’t have atms and branches all over the island? There are times when you still need cash and liquidity.
got it after reading the detailshttps://rhbgroup.com.sg/rhb
up to 5.5% yo
with FAST... you don't need to use their own ATM (if any). just FAST to any other more popular banks like the local banks or even SC/Maybank/HSBC and then cash out if you need.Because these banks don’t have atms and branches all over the island? There are times when you still need cash and liquidity.
The new UOB salary credit and card spend is in direction competition with OCBC 360 Account. And UOB ONE interest seems to be more competitive now.The 3 local banks all have motives. UOB wants your salary credited. The other 2 also want investment and insurance
Honestly ... NETS transaction are excluded from cashback/miles reward for many banks rewards program. For UOB, under clause 5, examples of excluded transactions are listed and NETSFLASHPAY is one of them. Anyway, whether you are using Debit Card or Credit Card and avoid the cashier misunderstand you, I will just inform the cashier PAYWAVE. If their terminal is not equipped with that function (which some retailers have the old terminals or the retailers are not willing to pay for the higher monthly rental cost) they will usually inform NO PAYWAVE which I will then switch to my phone instead and use the NETS function with my POSB Everyday card.I only knew that spending via NETS do not count towards the spend in the last few days and about $200 of my Paywave transactions also didn’t seem to go through until I went to ask UOB repeatedly. So I wasn’t able to track exactly how much I had to spend to make up the $500. I didn’t want to go out and spend $300 on things I didn’t need when I didn’t even know if the transactions would go through, just to earn the interest. And I was being put on a wild goose chase when I asked for someone to answer my queries.
After such an awful experience with UOB, where the monthly interest is the only saving grace, and yet I had to miss out on it due to the bank staff’s incompetence and ignorance, I am on the lookout for another bank to put my money in.