UOB ONE Account

jeffong

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,203
Reaction score
1,258
UOB is fast becoming a joke in the industry. Even the new Trust bank is able to offer a higher interest for deposits up to 50k without all the nonsense rules. Wonder if they have to backtrack and revise rates for a 3rd time.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
their customer service (phone) is really bad these days. they don't even sound local if you managed to speak to one...

am still waiting for their call back since the request yesterday morning.

their latest increase is not that bad if you don't mind crediting your salary and parking $100k with them.
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,695
Reaction score
3,288
their customer service (phone) is really bad these days. they don't even sound local if you managed to speak to one...

am still waiting for their call back since the request yesterday morning.

their latest increase is not that bad if you don't mind crediting your salary and parking $100k with them.
Still rubbish rate, even their own FD is 2.6% now. The 100k with all the nonsense EIR only 2.145%.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
Still rubbish rate, even their own FD is 2.6% now. The 100k with all the nonsense EIR only 2.145%.
to me it's easier than DBS multiplier... which needs to clock so many different things to get 1.9% for $100k.

but anyway now's not the time to park with any of the local banks because there're so many better options out there.

RHB (4.2 - 4.5%) > EGA (2 - 3%) > eSaver (1.8 - 2.2%) > Singlife (2 - 2.5%, only for $10k sadly)

and there's also 6-mth T-bills... so short term wise the local banks will likely be bleeding cash because people in the know will move out to park elsewhere.

they're rolling out higher rates for FDs in an attempt to lock in our money instead of trying to increase the savings rates. that's how I see it.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,362
Reaction score
3,715
The 3 local banks all have motives. UOB wants your salary credited. The other 2 also want investment and insurance
 

reiser

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
3,864
Reaction score
1,944
Just found out another misinformation given by the bank counter staff. I asked if the spend tracker would take into account the payments I had made on 30 and 31 Aug since they were done in August but the payments were ‘Pending’ on the transaction history. The guy said they were counted since the spending was done in August. I just realised they are not counted for August. Instead, my 30 and 31 August are counted towards September spending.

So my August Paywave spending only fell short by $10 and I missed my interest.

Never met a bank as lousy as UOB.
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,369
Reaction score
217
Just found out another misinformation given by the bank counter staff. I asked if the spend tracker would take into account the payments I had made on 30 and 31 Aug since they were done in August but the payments were ‘Pending’ on the transaction history. The guy said they were counted since the spending was done in August. I just realised they are not counted for August. Instead, my 30 and 31 August are counted towards September spending.

So my August Paywave spending only fell short by $10 and I missed my interest.

Never met a bank as lousy as UOB.
Avoid spending towards end of the month in order to meet the min spend, I believe most had gone thru this 'hard lesson' before. The 'posted dates' will either fall within the same month or carry over if transactions done on the last 2 or even last 3 days, especially if its weekend or PH, and their reply will always be due to merchants, nothing to do with the bank.
 

reiser

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
3,864
Reaction score
1,944
Avoid spending towards end of the month in order to meet the min spend, I believe most had gone thru this 'hard lesson' before. The 'posted dates' will either fall within the same month or carry over if transactions done on the last 2 or even last 3 days, especially if its weekend or PH, and their reply will always be due to merchants, nothing to do with the bank.
I only knew that spending via NETS do not count towards the spend in the last few days and about $200 of my Paywave transactions also didn’t seem to go through until I went to ask UOB repeatedly. So I wasn’t able to track exactly how much I had to spend to make up the $500. I didn’t want to go out and spend $300 on things I didn’t need when I didn’t even know if the transactions would go through, just to earn the interest. And I was being put on a wild goose chase when I asked for someone to answer my queries.

After such an awful experience with UOB, where the monthly interest is the only saving grace, and yet I had to miss out on it due to the bank staff’s incompetence and ignorance, I am on the lookout for another bank to put my money in.
 

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
10,823
Reaction score
653
Now RHB High Yield and CIMB Fastsaver so easy and high interest, why people still stuck at accounts that require so much loops and category de.
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,369
Reaction score
217
Now RHB High Yield and CIMB Fastsaver so easy and high interest, why people still stuck at accounts that require so much loops and category de.
Did i miss something for the RHB one? the EIR for the 1st 75K is just 1.23%...
 

reiser

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
3,864
Reaction score
1,944
Now RHB High Yield and CIMB Fastsaver so easy and high interest, why people still stuck at accounts that require so much loops and category de.
Because these banks don’t have atms and branches all over the island? There are times when you still need cash and liquidity.
 

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
10,823
Reaction score
653
Because these banks don’t have atms and branches all over the island? There are times when you still need cash and liquidity.
well i got min $500 in 1 of the popular bank, the rest can go earn for more rates, but up to you :)
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
Because these banks don’t have atms and branches all over the island? There are times when you still need cash and liquidity.
with FAST... you don't need to use their own ATM (if any). just FAST to any other more popular banks like the local banks or even SC/Maybank/HSBC and then cash out if you need.

unless you are the kind that need to withdraw more than $100k a day...
 

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2000
Messages
37,484
Reaction score
1,561
anyone saw the new UOB promo where they give you $580 for a deposit of $200k in new funds, valid till oct 31 2022? Sounds good but is it as easy as it sounds? In the same promo they say you can also refer friends and get $30 for every successful referral, but no mention of whether this referral is a condition to get the $580 or is totally separate.
 

Mickey01

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
1,586
Reaction score
676
The 3 local banks all have motives. UOB wants your salary credited. The other 2 also want investment and insurance
The new UOB salary credit and card spend is in direction competition with OCBC 360 Account. And UOB ONE interest seems to be more competitive now.
 

Mickey01

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
1,586
Reaction score
676
I only knew that spending via NETS do not count towards the spend in the last few days and about $200 of my Paywave transactions also didn’t seem to go through until I went to ask UOB repeatedly. So I wasn’t able to track exactly how much I had to spend to make up the $500. I didn’t want to go out and spend $300 on things I didn’t need when I didn’t even know if the transactions would go through, just to earn the interest. And I was being put on a wild goose chase when I asked for someone to answer my queries.

After such an awful experience with UOB, where the monthly interest is the only saving grace, and yet I had to miss out on it due to the bank staff’s incompetence and ignorance, I am on the lookout for another bank to put my money in.
Honestly ... NETS transaction are excluded from cashback/miles reward for many banks rewards program. For UOB, under clause 5, examples of excluded transactions are listed and NETSFLASHPAY is one of them. Anyway, whether you are using Debit Card or Credit Card and avoid the cashier misunderstand you, I will just inform the cashier PAYWAVE. If their terminal is not equipped with that function (which some retailers have the old terminals or the retailers are not willing to pay for the higher monthly rental cost) they will usually inform NO PAYWAVE which I will then switch to my phone instead and use the NETS function with my POSB Everyday card.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top