UOB YOLO card

zumaba

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
2,435
Reaction score
42
I can't use this card to topop GrabPay. Transaction failed after keying otp and UOB told me it is becos the transactions were reversed by Grab side.

Anyone got same issue?
 
Last edited:

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,621
Reaction score
1,224
I can't use this card to topop GrabPay. Transaction failed after keying otp and UOB told me it is becos the transactions were reversed by Grab side.

Anyone got same issue?

Hit spending limit? Kana this recently to me.
 

zumaba

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
2,435
Reaction score
42
Just started to use this card. For my spending in Aug (billed on Sep.5), when will the cashback be credited?
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
1,382
Question:

If I spent $1000 in Aug, and expect to get $60 rebate to be posted end Sep statement.

Then some items were returned/cancelled & refund of $300 posted in Sep.

For Sep, must I spend $900 ($600 + $300) to meet the minimum spend for rebate ?

Or would the rebate from Aug spend exclude the refunded items ?

TIA
 

coconut1

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2013
Messages
387
Reaction score
100
Your rebate in end Sep may be pro-rated instead.

Question:

If I spent $1000 in Aug, and expect to get $60 rebate to be posted end Sep statement.

Then some items were returned/cancelled & refund of $300 posted in Sep.

For Sep, must I spend $900 ($600 + $300) to meet the minimum spend for rebate ?

Or would the rebate from Aug spend exclude the refunded items ?

TIA
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Question:

If I spent $1000 in Aug, and expect to get $60 rebate to be posted end Sep statement.

Then some items were returned/cancelled & refund of $300 posted in Sep.

For Sep, must I spend $900 ($600 + $300) to meet the minimum spend for rebate ?

Or would the rebate from Aug spend exclude the refunded items ?

TIA

Yes. For sep spend $900 ($600 + $300) to meet the minimum spend for rebate
 

zumaba

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
2,435
Reaction score
42
Yes. For sep spend $900 ($600 + $300) to meet the minimum spend for rebate


- Is this the case for Yolo, or all UOB cards?

- if not meet $600+$300 in Sep, then how about the rebate for Aug spending of $1000 with $300 refunded in Sep?
 
Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
- Is this the case for Yolo, or all UOB cards?

- if not meet $600+$300 in Sep, then how about the rebate for Aug spending of $1000 with $300 refunded in Sep?

For all credit cards in general that need min spend.

Refund affect the min spend for month the refund is made in i.e. Sep. August rebate not affected.
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
1,382
For all credit cards in general that need min spend.

Refund affect the min spend for month the refund is made in i.e. Sep. August rebate not affected.

Thanks

This is what UOB CSO explained to me as well ... dang !

I would have preferred they claw back the rebate, ... now I have to spend more & part of the spend will not get rebate due to the cap
 

zumaba

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
2,435
Reaction score
42
For all credit cards in general that need min spend.

Refund affect the min spend for month the refund is made in i.e. Sep. August rebate not affected.

- I had a Expedia booking of $2K+ on Aug.30, and posted on Sep.1
- My statement date is Sep.4
- Then I cancelled my booking and get funded on Sep.14

I didn't receive any cashback yet.

I thought I will not get any cashback on my Expedia booking and I just need to spend min $600 as usual in Sep to qualify for cashback.

NO? UOB will still reward me with $60 cashback (in early Oct?) and I have to spend $2K+$600 in Sep to qualify for cashback?

If I just spend $600 in Sep, then how? My $60 cashback will be clawed back and I got no cashback on my Sep spending?

Very confused.
 
Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
1,382
Very confused.

Is this hypothetical case or real situation ?

if not too late, I would not spend anything in Sep ... force them to claw back rebate, before spending again ... better than needed to "top up" spending
 

zumaba

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
2,435
Reaction score
42
Is this hypothetical case or real situation ?

if not too late, I would not spend anything in Sep ... force them to claw back rebate, before spending again ... better than needed to "top up" spending

Already spent $750 this month, and thought I can shake legs to wait for the cashback.

Anyway, have to call UOB to check.


Updated: just called UOB and initially CSO told me my $750 spending is okay for Sep cashback.

Then he called back to say sorry, and to correct himself as:
- I will still get my cashback of $60 for Aug $2K spending (but refunded on Sep.14) on Oct.5
- I have to spend $1.4k ($2k-$600) more to qualify for cashback for my Sep spending.

Then I told him definitely I would not spend $1.4K more, and what will happen? He got blurred again.

So complicated? any guru can help to clarify?
 
Last edited:

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
I haven't encountered such issue before, but my gut feeling is they will not claw back the cash rebate.just don't spend anything this month and let the refund lapse and continue spending $600 in the following months.

Already spent $750 this month, and thought I can shake legs to wait for the cashback.

Anyway, have to call UOB to check.


Updated: just called UOB and initially CSO told me my $750 spending is okay for Sep cashback.

Then he called back to say sorry, and to correct himself as:
- I will still get my cashback of $60 for Aug $2K spending (but refunded on Sep.14) on Oct.5
- I have to spend $1.4k ($2k-$600) more to qualify for cashback for my Sep spending.

Then I told him definitely I would not spend $1.4K more, and what will happen? He got blurred again.

So complicated? any guru can help to clarify?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top